R132 Release Notes (7/31/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R132 update!

MPQ 132!

"Enjoyed getting trolled"

What's Changed:
  • Characters that have powers that reduce damage to themselves will now correctly reduce damage against powers that have their damage manipulated by board conditions.
  • Improved gameboard performance specifically at the end of each players turn.
*Updated to Final Release Notes

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I think this one is actually Dazzler. The game makers enjoyed the constant Dazzler guesses but now that time is over.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    We already got trolled by diluting the legendary token packs.... What more can they do...
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Seems like an easy one this time.

cant seem to link a pic though
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    I think this one is actually Dazzler. The game makers enjoyed the constant Dazzler guesses but now that time is over.
    Yep. Most obvious Dazzler clue to date :)

Brigby said:
    • Characters that have powers that reduce damage to themselves will now correctly reduce damage against powers that have their damage manipulated by board conditions.

Wow... what does that even mean? Oh, like Move or Be Moved and whatnot?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Wow... what does that even mean? Oh, like Move or Be Moved and whatnot?
    No. I think "manipulated" is the wrong word. "Modified, determined, or increased" sound better. Think Whiteout, Smite, or the new Staff of Living Tribunal that increase in damage based on board conditions. Damage reducing powers like Seeking Redemption may not have been reducing them enough.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017

Pip?  Can Adam Warlock be far behind?

:edit: Please let the "gameboard performance improvements" be an off button for the animations.

• Jaedenkaal

Pip?  Can Adam Warlock be far behind?

:edit: Please let the "gameboard performance improvements" be an off button for the animations.

Nah they probably mean they removed the 2 minute wait at the end of everyone's turn whenever you had attack tiles but your whole team was invisible.
  • zodiac339
    Ooohh. Trolling. We've come to think of it as that internet thing where you deliberately try to get on people's nerves, but the older meaning has to do with fishing. Dragging bait to draw out the fish. And with a very small number of famous fish in Marvel, this can only mean we're getting Namor! (I think Sue Storm is the classic bait he enjoys)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    Ooohh. Trolling. We've come to think of it as that internet thing where you deliberately try to get on people's nerves, but the older meaning has to do with fishing. Dragging bait to draw out the fish. And with a very small number of famous fish in Marvel, this can only mean we're getting Namor! (I think Sue Storm is the classic bait he enjoys)
    It's Mr. Fish's time to shine!

• Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    I'm always very grateful for gameplay improvement changes, thanks! I suggest looking next into the bug causing app crashes right after starting a battle... this happens probably thrice daily.
  • Jaedenkaal
    JHawkInc said:
    Perfect time for the home video release. :D

[GIF redacted]
    Good call.
  • zodiac339
    I don't know. People actually want him added. And it makes sense. Bearing that in mind, it can't possibly be true.

In all seriousness though, yeah. Given that it was taken from MCU (like the Hawkeye clue was), Mary Poppins is probably right. Aw darn, I couldn't maintain the "all seriousness".
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    My first thought was Namor, but yeah I'm pretty sure this will be Yondu.  Also, we're due for a 5* release next, right?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Cool possibly yondu but is this a 5* release??
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm totally clueless as to who this could be.
  • zodiac339
    I hope not 5*. If it were Namor, 5* might make sense, but Yondu, while popular in the movies, was a supporting character rather than a starring role. While his role as one of the original Guardians in comics does give some possibility, that iteration of Guardians just didn't get the importance of the new line up.

The release schedule of characters puts this about two weeks before the DVD, so there should probably be one more. Instead of a clue for the follow-up, can you just say "Fine, it's Nebula?"
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:

Yandu!?!!! IDK I think I'm excited but his (redacted) in GoTG2 was sad 
  • zodiac339
    Style55 said:
    JHawkInc said:

Yandu!?!!! IDK I think I'm excited but his (redacted) in GoTG2 was sad 
    Aw, it wasn't that sad. It was bigger than Dr. Manhattan's at least.

...I wonder if I'm thinking of the same (redacted) that you are?