Vintage Characters Returning to Packs! (7/27/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Starting with the Mind Gem Season, Cover Stores that have 3-Stars or 4-Stars will now contain all characters from that Star Rating! (Excluding Limited Characters like Howard the Duck, Devil Dino, etc).

Packs that have 3-Stars in them will now contain all 3-Star characters, instead of just a select 20. In addition, packs that have 4-Stars in them will now contain the latest 12 4-Stars (now called Latest 4-Stars), as well as all other non-Limited 4-Stars (now called Vintage 4-Stars).

The chance to pull a 4-Star is split evenly between Latest and Vintage 4-Stars, which means Latest 4-Stars will initially have 3x better odds than Vintage! Players will now be able to get covers for any 4-Star in Cover Stores, while making the Latest 4-Stars more accessible. 4-Star Characters will continue to rotate into the Latest status as they are released, and will enter the Vintage status when there are at least 12 following 4-Stars that have been released.

5-Stars are unaffected by this change.

Details:

• General
    • Starts with the Mind Gem Season
    • No changes have been made to the overall odds to get a character from a particular Star Rating
    • The odds to get higher Star Rating is greater when purchasing 10x or 40x packs. We are working on a way to show that in the Cover Store
  • 3-Stars
    • Cover Stores that contain 3-Stars will now contain all 3-Stars
    • *3-Stars that are featured in Story Events or Versus Tournaments are represented by a banner and/or have a glow around them.
*Please note that banners will appear following the Friday daily patch

• 4-Stars
    • Cover Stores that contain 4-Stars will now contain all 4-Stars
    • Separated into Latest and Vintage 4-Stars  
    • The chance to get a 4-Star is split evenly among Latest and Vintage 4-Stars
    • *Latest 4-Stars have a banner showing the increased chance to get them
    • *Featured 4-Stars have a banner showing the increased chance to get them
    • Characters will rotate between New, Latest, and Vintage status based on when they are released
*Please note that banners will appear following the Friday daily patch

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Better late (~4 months) than never, that is an acceptable compromise.

A solution for 5*'s is needed though.
    They have a solution for that. Spend truckloads of $$$$$$$. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Figured this comes shortly after I went through my horde, but THANK YOU!
    Just made a purchase as a thank you
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jathro said:
    But why? And why without notice?
    lol at the second question
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm mostly indifferent to this.

I actually liked just getting the newest 12 as it gave me a good chance to fully cover them.

with this change you have about a 50/50 shot whether you get a newest 12 or an older cover which means that there is a good chance I don't fully cover a new character before they leave anymore.

that being said I already got the last cover for red hulk that I needed to be able to champ him so that was nice.
    but I also got some duplicate old covers for a character I don't really care about at all and will likely never champ as character release outstrips my iso gain so I will never champ all the 4*s unless they stop releasing them.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Figured this comes shortly after I went through my horde, but THANK YOU!
    Exactly! Ugh, roll me back a few days. You can have the Mordos, Coulsons, and Cloak and Daggers. I'll take my chances.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Absolutely delighted. Finally managed to finish Prof X with his final blue while opening my hoard. Sure, I still had to sell some duplicates, but far more were useful than how it was previously. Big thank you! 
  • DeadpoolandBob
    DeadpoolandBob Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just spent 240 CP on 2 Ice Man covers (because how else was I going to get 2 usable purple covers). If I had known this change was coming I would have pulled from tokens instead.