Mind Gem Season Changes *Updated (7/25/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,
With the Mind Gem Season fast arriving next Thursday on 7/27, we've got some more updates to show you!

There will be no changes to characters entering or leaving packs for the Mind Gem Season, however both Riri Williams (Iron Heart) and Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts) will be receiving updates.

Update: 
Vulture will be entering packs, and Blade (Modern) will be exiting them.

A preview of the changes can be seen below:

Riri Williams (Iron Heart)

General:
Riri Williams's health has been increased. At level 270, her health has been increased from 10,976 to 15,641.

Magnetic Repulsors - 9 Blue AP
The power now deals damage. 4 enemy special or random basic tiles are moved to the center of the board. The 4 center tiles are then converted to red basic tiles (they are charged at power levels 4 and 5).

Remote Control Gauntlets - 11 Red AP
The power now deals damage to all enemies that are not in front. If there is only one enemy, it deals twice the damage to the enemy.

Selfless Intervention - 8 Green AP
The power deals damage to the target, sending them Airborne (3 turns at power level 5). If there are at least 4 enemy special tiles, Riri is sent Airborne for one turn.

Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts)

General: 
Mordo's health has been reduced. At level 270, his health has been reduced to 13,995 from 16,465.

Staff of the Living Tribunal - 8 Black AP
Deal damage and convert Black basic tiles to Charged Black tiles (4 at power level 5), or deal damage to the opponent for each Black Charged tile, if there are 4 or more Black charged tiles on the board (counts a maximum of 8 Black Charged tiles).

Vaulting Boots of Valtorr - 10 Blue AP
Deals 18% more damage.

Power with Purpose - 9 Purple AP
Deals damage for each AP in the enemy's highest AP pool, then destroys AP from that color (5 AP at power level 5)

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Very welcome changes. I think they're both fine in a boosted role but this gives them better defined damage dealing abilities and fixes each of their worst powers (blue and purple respectively). Mordo is a Thoress type now, Riri's got an interesting kit and more health. Happy to give them a whirl!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Ironheart's rebalance looks excellent, pending new numbers. More damage, red generation, AOE....now I regret selling the 15-20 extra covers I've pulled for her.

Mordo still looks mediocre, though.

EDIT: Wait, why isn't Vulture entering packs? His PvP debut is the final event of the current season, and every other new character since ever has been added to tokens at the beginning of the season following the first run of their PvP event. What gives?

Sincerely, a guy saving 500+ CP and 18 Legendary Tokens for Vulture.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

There will be no changes to characters entering or leaving packs for the Mind Gem Season

So, no Vulture for an entire other season?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Riri is even more beast now! 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

There will be no changes to characters entering or leaving packs for the Mind Gem Season

So, no Vulture for an entire other season?
    That's almost assuredly a typo or a mistake. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    So glad I decided to hoard CP + latest legendary tokens in hopes of getting Vulture. Super excited that I get to wait till next season to get covers on him but I guess that's still better than waiting 2~ years for him to be in the H4H store at least.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ducky said:
    Riri is even more beast now! 
    Seems like it, although we'd be foolish to assume that the damage on her Red has stayed the same. See: Lethal Protector, The Destroyer.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    True, but as long as it hasn't been cut by more than half (unlikely since it lost the secondary effect) it still deals equal or better damage unless you're silly/desperate enough to use it with two opponents left standing.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    The power now deals damage to all enemies that are not in front. If there is only one enemy, it deals twice the damage to the enemy.
    Does that mean if there is only one enemy left, or if there is only one enemy not in front? If there are 2 enemies left, does it hit the back enemy for double damage?

Riri blue is max 4 specials? Guess that makes sense since that would be too much ap with charged tiles. Looks like she might be a 4/5/4 now, depending on the numbers. Really looking forward to it.
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I really like Mordo. I never used his purple before, now it looks a little better. Better blue damage and black doesn't remove charged tiles? Love it.

Bummed that the token 12 are staying the same, but I guess I can get Blade over 300 now.

• Jaedenkaal
    Straycat said:
    Does that mean if there is only one enemy left, or if there is only one enemy not in front? If there are 2 enemies left, does it hit the back enemy for double damage?

Also curious what happens if there are two enemies left (one downed) and one of them is airborne, which could easily happen. Does the one grounded enemy take double damage? Or does the power do nothing.

For sound flavor reasons, Remote Control Gauntlets should probably be allowed to hit airborne enemies :)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, could not be more disappointed that no one is leaving the latest 12. I guess thats now at least 4 months until I can start drawing from that pack again. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is that Riri's red will do something less than half its current damage to the untargeted enemy. Oh man, is the seperate damage bug going to let her kill taget's allies, then go "only one target?" and suddenly nail him for double damage? Blue damage is likely a gimme tag on, but something at least. Red battery second effect is probably most important part. I'll probably miss that nuclear rocket punch damage. It was fantastic damage/AP. I never minded the health or the self-airborne. I just wanted blue utility of some kind when it had nothing to interact with.
    I deny that Vaulting Boots needed a buff, but removing the clunkiness from Staff is welcome. And I guess purple will be a decent anti-blue hoarder to shut down Wasp's Buzzing Sound?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I sincerely question your decision not to put vulture in packs for the next season...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read "no changes to characters entering or leaving" as "no changes to Vulture or Blade", not "Vulture won't be entering packs". Regardless, it's a confusing statement. I hope there's clarification soon.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby can you please clarify whether Vulture will be entering packs with new season? That would be unusual for him not to.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. 4-Star characters are usually added to packs the season after their Versus tournament occurs, however since the scheduling for Vulture's event happened to start just prior to the new season, the development team will be reviewing the decision on pack contents again on Monday.

I will be sure to update the post once I hear back from them.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. 4-Star characters are usually added to packs the season after their Versus tournament occurs, however since the scheduling for Vulture's event happened to start just prior to the new season, the development team will be reviewing the decision on pack contents again on Monday.

Sandman was also the last event last season and he was added later. I don't see why that needs to change.
    I believe Gamora was last event in the previous season as well. I look forward to good news on Monday!

On another note, Riri changes look crazy. I never really used her before due to her puny hp, but I will be revisiting her with these changes!
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Yay, now I can be excited to pull them instead of thinking it's a waste of 20 CP. Thanks for the updates!

Riri definitely looks like fun now (numbers depending of course).
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Errrr, we are in still in the Soul season, Junkyard wars will end 3 hours before the end of the season. By any previous logic used, Vulture should be added to tokens next season.

We already have a small pool of characters, there's no need to make us wait another 3 weeks.