Platinum Angel [By Design]

rafalelerafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
Hi.

I have faced twice Platinum Angel. Both times it has happened the same, altough it gets 0/0 (first of my creature remove it's latest 1/1) it continues receiving the damage to the planeswalker til the end of turn that it died.

Is this a bug or it is designed as it works?

I know the text says while it is in battlefield it receives planeswalker damage, perhaps the bug is that the creatures remain in battlefield with 0/0 til the end of turn.

A defender or reach creature should also stop creatures when they are 0/0?

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• DragonSorcererDragonSorcerer Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    It's bugged. Killed it today with combustible gearhulk and days undoing, pw continued to take zero damage until my next turn.
  • TombstoneTombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for reporting this. I'll pass this up to the team for investigation. 
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2019
    Hi Everyone. Creatures are only considered Destroyed after an attack ends, therefore if Platinum Angel's Toughness reduces to 0 at the same time as the Planeswalker taking damage, then Platinum Angel's effect would still persist.

Update: Corrected comment to clarify that the damage to Planeswalker must be specifically at the same time as the Creature being Destroyed, as opposed to during the same phase