Gamora vs Boss Ock [Devs Aware]

DrDevilDinosaur
DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
I'm raising this as a bug, but also wanted some discussion around it.

Gamora's instant kill doesn't affect Boss Ock while his Reactor is out. Her ability states that she "removes the tiles and downs the target" (no mention of damage). Ock's ability states that he "does not take damage". He shouldn't be immune to instant kill effects (if that's what they truly are). Gamora's deadliest woman animation still played and still removed all purple special tiles.

Thoughts? I understand that instant killing bosses is cheese, but I'm not the one who put that ability in the game. It also seems that the ability simply deals damage rather than being instant kill, similar to what we experienced with 3pool whales.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now we need a Doc Oct vs Doc Oct where the player meets the win condition to find out if it pierces the Boss' reactor tile.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I don't know if it's related, but I know while using 3* Widow, you can pop Doc Ock's tiles and down him with the damage at the same time using her green (and probably her red.)
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Old story comes to live. MPQ is selling the best spear in the world, there's nothing this spear cannot pierce. And at the same time, MPQ is selling the best shield in the world, there's nothing can damage it. When the people ask MPQ to use their own spear on their own shield, guess what? The shield wins... Hahahaha
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Moving this to Bugs so @Tombstone can investigate***
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Ducky,

I spoke to the testers about this and unfortunately it won't be something the team is able to fix prior to the event ending.