4* DDQ: Medusa`s turn

Options
Black Duke
Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
Time for Medusa: The Queen of the Inhumans will make her debut in "Crash of the Titans". My Medusa is championed (5/5/3) at level 283 which should be enough to beat her opponent.

Any suggestions on who´ll be her challenger?

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ah my son. bad news, you'll still have to wait a little but before you'll finally see his CotT
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ah my son. bad news, you'll still have to wait a little but before you'll finally see his CotT
    Thanks, I´ve corrected my post (I should have rather taken a look at the Sneak Peek than at Gamependium´s DDQ Calendar).
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nice and easy crash vs human tourch got a riri champ level
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took me 3 goes, collect purple and let HT collect black. LT was yet another dang blue Coulson for my 1/1/5 (actually 1/1/7 now)
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm gonna hold out a little on doing this crash until I get the covers from the Enemy of State event
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, that was easy. Huh. I was expecting a tougher opponent.

LT got me a champ level for Blade, who gave me enough CP for a classic, which gave me a champ level for the littlest hobo.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat him with my Level 281 Medusa without breaking a sweat. Still had 13,000 and change health left.

He set up Flame Jet, but it only went off once, and had just collected enough black to fire Inferno, but my last move finished him off before he had the chance. I only managed to match one Entanglement tile, and he eventually matched away one of the Attack Tiles, but that was it. LT to the hoard. 

I would say the only thing slightly difficult about the match was red was the only color overlap. I know I made several weak black and green matches to prevent him collecting AP that slowed me down. Ultimately though, not a big deal. 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Very easy match for my level 278 Medusa.  First 2 matches I matched her entanglement tiles, then after that had no concern over what either of us was matching because I knew ~1000 additional damage each turn from me would wear him down eventually.  He fired off red and black, I ended with ~7000 health.

LT gave me yellow C&D bringing them to 2/4/2
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I would say the only thing slightly difficult about the match was red was the only color overlap. I know I made several weak black and green matches to prevent him collecting AP that slowed me down. Ultimately though, not a big deal.
    I think this shows how much stronger the more recent 4* are, compared to the earlier ones like The Thing. And yes I used Thing as an example, because his DDQ opponent is also Torch, and even though they share active Reds and Greens Thing still has a hard time against Torch.

Another example of the power creep: my lv115 3/1/1 4* Carol easily saw off the lv290 IM46 in her crash
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooh. Human Torch sounds doable. My Medusa is chanpioned. Will report back, but I'd guess the strategy will be to collect purple and deny red/green. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 552 level 120 did it without any issues at all. No boosts.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I think this shows how much stronger the more recent 4* are, compared to the earlier ones like The Thing. And yes I used Thing as an example, because his DDQ opponent is also Torch, and even though they share active Reds and Greens Thing still has a hard time against Torch.

Another example of the power creep: my lv115 3/1/1 4* Carol easily saw off the lv290 IM46 in her crash
    Good point. The other issue with Thing's Crash is that his yellow is useless. It's a battle of one character with two active (and expensive) powers against another with three active (and cheaper) powers. 

I get that the yellow is supposed to be Thing selflessly diving in front of his teammates to take the hit, but it really needs to be tweaked so it's also useful to some degree when he's by himself. 

Although thematically, Thing vs. Johnny is a great matchup. 
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    302 Medusa won first attempt, as you'd expect. It was a match-damage style of win, however, since Medusa doesn't have any nukes. Just let her attack tile(s) whittle Johnny down. 

I'd recommend denying red, since that's Torch's big nuke. The AI doesn't play green very well -- they'll use it when they don't have much green in reserve, giving you time to match it away. And if you save up purple you can use it to counter black. 

LT was a purple 5* Hawkeye, bringing him to 3/3/4. Wondering how close I can get him to fully covered before 5pidey moves into LL and Hawkeye moves to Classics. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had 89 health left, but won first go, no boosts. Focused on red/purple (though he still got two fireballs off anyway because cascades are awesome) and let him have black. Probably helped that they tuned Torch to 222 instead of 270.

As Sluggo points out, the AI doesn't use green well, so I let him have the green and matched off the tile as soon as it was spawned.

Reward was an unusable blue Riri. So there's that.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Good point. The other issue with Thing's Crash is that his yellow is useless. It's a battle of one character with two active (and expensive) powers against another with three active (and cheaper) powers. 

I get that the yellow is supposed to be Thing selflessly diving in front of his teammates to take the hit, but it really needs to be tweaked so it's also useful to some degree when he's by himself. 

Although thematically, Thing vs. Johnny is a great matchup. 
    Hey, how great will it be to fight the Thing+Deadpool pair with updated Venom? Just go ahead and let Thing do his rocky skin thing, then blast someone with Lethal Protector. Not that you see Thingpool pairs anymore :(

Also, yeah. Would be great for that yellow passive to go "If Thing has no active allies, this power becomes Rocky Crash (or something)" I wouldn't even ask for a power with base damage. Straight board shake would be fine. Maybe "destroy an FF shape in the board"... Fantastic Crash.
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Forgot to use a medpack for my champ'd Medusa L273 after the EotS PvE, her health was at 6258 on first try. (no boosts)

first of all her Entanglement (5 Purple) was in unreachable/unmatchable places the whole fight (so no attack tiles), the only way is to let the 680 damage CD, poke Human Torch to death. Johnny used his Flame Jet at 5 green ap, but didn't get any greens afterwards. Two 4 red matches later from AI, he set Medusa's hair on fire with Fireball lower her health to 714. I won at 418 health for playing the waiting game.

LT stockpiled.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    290 medusa wrecked johnny like he was a 1 star. Loved it. 

C&D champ level.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5/2/2
    Lost the first.
    Maxed my Yellow/Red Boosts next time.

Probably didn't need to. The healing from Entanglement is A+ in this matchup though tthe 2 in Entanglement meant focusing on it was harder than it needed to be. Not an incredibly difficult fight but I assume it can be depending on what your spread is.

Yellow C&D. Color I was missing.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Strange opponent for Medusa right? No active power color conflict. No real history between these two right? 
    Not expecting a challenge at all with a champ Medusa, which is OK, but it's not fun to win that easily.
    Maybe someone who heavily relies on purple would have been more suitable? Cloak & Dagger would have been interesting.. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Rick OShay he did have a thing with her sister, and Medusa joined the FF for a while, I think.

But yeah, I was expecting Black Bolt.