Do BP's shield tiles even work?

MMCskippy
MMCskippy Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
Playing in the PvE quest (Savage Land) and I'm fighting against Ragnarok, Daken and "Commander" and Rags is at level 109.

I have 3 shield tiles on the board at a 99 protect (My 3* BP is covered but not champed yet at Level 149).

Rags makes a red match and I take full damage. It wasn't a critical match. Why does it seems that my shielding never works, but if there are 2 bullseye shields up for the AI I hit like a pillow?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daken or the Commander had some strikes out which canceled out your protect, is my guess.

If it makes you feel any better, you'll eventually hit a point where you can just ignore Bullseye because his protects are too weak to make any tangible difference.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues

@MMCskippy
    Do you remember the setup of the board? Jarvind's explanation certainly makes a lot of sense, and seems to be the most logical explanation I can think of.
  • MMCskippy
    MMCskippy Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby I wasn't aware strike tiles cancel out shield tiles. I now know why there are strike tiles and attack tiles.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @MMCskippy
    Just to clarify, they "cancel out" shield tiles in the sense that the damage reduction from shield tiles could potentially have been negated by the amount of damage increase from the strike tiles and/or the damage from any attack tiles.