Update to Heroes for Hire (6/23/17) *Updated (6/26/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Starting next Tuesday (6/27), the contents of the Heroes for Hire bundles will be changing.

Heroes for Hire will now give all players the opportunity to purchase a store offering of a 4-Star character. In addition, the character will follow the Crash of the Titans mission rotation, and is available for the full 5-day duration of the mission. The actual price and bundle contents will not be changing.

Detail Summary:
  • The bundle character will be the same character that's featured in Deadpool's Daily Quest mission, Crash of the Titans
    • A preview of the next featured 4-Star character will also be visible
  • All players will have the opportunity to purchase this bundle
    • Players that originally saw the 3-Star bundle will now see the 4-Star bundle instead.
  • The price and bundle contents have not changed.

Update: Apologies for the confusion everyone. It appears that for today only there will be a different store functionality, before switching to the above mentioned format.

If you purchase the Thing bundle, then the next bundle will become available. Here is a list of all the bundles available today, if players purchase them sequentially:

4-Star Bundles
Thing - Yellow
Invisible Woman - Blue
Carnage - Black
Quake - Yellow
Iron Fist (Danny Rand) - Green
Drax - Purple
Nick Fury - Blue

3-Star Bundles
Bullseye (Classic) - Purple
Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) - Yellow
Sentry - Red
The Punisher (Dark Reign) - Black
Blade (Daywalker) - Black
Wolverine (Patch) - Green
Human Torch (Classic) - Green

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How do you keep making this worse?

As someone who has bought a few of these (all at 3600, btw) the best thing about it was how fast it moved through the FIFTY+ CHARACTERS AND COUNTING. You couldn't just have reworked the other to make it more predictable, but still keep it daily? It was getting to the point that you have to wait almost 2 months for the character you want to come around again, now someone who needs to finish that 2/5/5 character has to wait a year or so to do it! This is just asinine.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @deadtaco
    The reason we wanted to provide this news on Friday was not to avoid backlash, but to give players a couple more days to decide if they'd like to take advantage of a current Heroes for Hire opportunity before the update is implemented on Tuesday. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    The reason we wanted to provide this news on Friday was not to avoid backlash, but to give players a couple more days to decide if they'd like to take advantage of a current Heroes for Hire opportunity before the update is implemented on Tuesday. 
    Yes, I was thinking that. So, credit where credit is due; thank you for giving us more than 12 hours notice on this change :)
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is kinda dumb in my opinion. I see that you are trying to get people who are desperate to win a crash and to get them on an impulse buy. It's like the kids selling girl scout cookies outside of the weight watchers. 

Also this just again exasperates the struggle to earn and cover 4 star heroes.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You guys made the store even worse!
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is this gonna lead to a change of the Taco Vault? Seems redundant to have two sources dedicated to the current COTT. Not a fan of the change as it stands. Just keep finding ways to push players away I see. :/
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unreal. How can you guys expect people to wait 2 years for the store to fully rotate???
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really don't get this. guess they were selling to many heroes for hire with HP people already earn?

I thought the clash character should be included, but there is no reason why the original heroes for hire needed to be killed off in order to include the clash character.

just continue the cycle like normal, and feature the clash character for 5 days.

even better. make it so that you can pick what color cover you want as you buy a cover :/

I have to assume this is a change that is the result of something else coming.... you guys have been quiet for a while (and we know a taco change is coming just not when) so there has to be more to this... as it stands though...

THIS IS STUPID!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a really strange decision.  It seems aimed at that narrow segment of players who have a surplus of HP and feel like if they had just one more cover of a particular hero they could beat the crash.  So they spend 3600hp and additional ISO so they can improve a 3/2/3 character (for example) enough to beat the crash and get... an LT that will get them one of the current 12 4's, which you can get a ton of without really trying.  

And everyone outside of that segment of players, the people for whom one 4* cover will make no difference because they have few or no covers for that hero, or conversely those who have most or all the needed covers, this change is pointless and punitive.
    Well said.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    And the unreal pointless move of the week goes to the Devs... the frustration that I feel this week with all the cheating stuff the prob I had  with the update that CS doesnt seem to care about and now they gonna mess up the only thing that seemed to work right. Work with the players,,, why don't they get a focus group of players up and down the player ranks maybe a 100 atleast and just check out these ideas before they do it. It's just DUMB!
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So...

This is going to stop all the vaulting defenders from saying that H4H is a reasonable solution to vaulting, right? Because now it isn't any easier to get a specific cover than pre-vaulting, as pre-vaulting had the single-cover 4* vaults for the same price.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Who is the person who comes up with this idea and who is the person who applauds it by saying "great idea!"