Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

We wanted to give a friendly reminder to everyone that we are no longer using Zendesk to manage our Customer Support tickets. If you would like to submit a support ticket, then please make sure you are either utilizing the in-game Helpshift feature, or emailing our team at support@d3go.com

In addition, if you have a recent Zendesk ticket that seems to have suddenly been closed for no reason, then please email us at the above address or in-game for further assistance.

Thank you!
D3 Go!
Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Command Points: Save to buy the one cover or take the gamble with pulls?

Jesus JonesJesus Jones Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
edited June 2017 in Theories and Statistics

I have Carol Danvers at level 188 with at 12/13 covers, and I have one sitting in my queue that's a dupe so I can't use it.  So, as to not waste it I want to Champ her and as of right now I have 10 days to do so.  This now is my dilemma... I have 99 Command Points, so I should be able to buy her a cover soon, needing only 21 CPs to do that, should be at 100 by EOD. 

With that said, I could also gamble and buy 5 pulls from the Classic Legends where I have a 1/7 shot of pulling her, plus another 1/20 shot of getting her as a bonus draw.  Do I go with the sure thing or do I gamble?

PS: How much ISO will I need to Champ her?  To go from Level 188 to 250 I need 192,356.  How much additional would I need to go from 250 to 270?  And is it 12,500 to Champ?

Roster

5* - 19 of 25
4* - 65 of 70 / 15 Champed
3* - 47 of 47 / 47 Champed
2* - 13 of 14 / Farming
1* - Juggs!!

Comments

• brollbroll Posts: 3,954 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's still got months in the rotation, I would just take your gamble pulls.  Might add her as a BH before you do that for extra insurance.  (Granted you didn't list your colors, 5/5/2 has much worse odds than 5/4/3 and 4/4/4 is a no brainer to add as a BH).

As far as the ISO I don't have the exact number but it should be in the ballbark of 88-110k more ISO somewhere.  I'm sure someone will come through with an exact figure later

It is 12,500 to champ.
    Co-Commander: Fluffers T100 PvE
    Recruitment Status: Full - Alliance page

My Roster - Updated 2/26/17

Champions:
    * * - Farming
    * * * - 47/47 (100%)
    * * * * - 65/69 (94%)
    * * * * *  - 7/25 (28%)

CP Hoarding is dead, long live the classics!
    LT Hoard = 29
    CP Saftey Net ~ 500

@broll hereby state, in the sight of God and all these witnesses, that if anyone want's talk good about me or call me their friend on the forums they have my expressed permission to do so.
  • Cmat64Cmat64 Posts: 17Age Unconfirmed Just Dropped In
    Been there.  I held on the CP use until the last possible moment you never know if you luck out with a heroic pull and get her.  These decisions are always a personal preference.  You need to consider if Carol is worth the 6 pulls and a potential 5*.  According to the forums Carol is going to be around for a few months so its not a do it now or wait to get her as a BH.  I don't know if you have the dreaded MPQ dead man's hand 5/5/2 but if that's the case.  Pulls and BH pulls aren't going to guarantee you are going to pull that last cover. I would definitely keep accumulating ISO for her which in your case, including the 12,500 to promote would be 283,793 ISO.  I don't know what level you are in the game but it usually takes me 9 days to build that much ISO, but I hit PVE (green checks) and PVP to at least to 575.
  • Jesus JonesJesus Jones Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    She is at 4/5/3, so it sounds like the odds are in my favor.  With that being said I am ready to champ 3* R&G and Star Lord, so if I can't get Carol I will get both of those guys champed.

Roster

5* - 19 of 25
    4* - 65 of 70 / 15 Champed
    3* - 47 of 47 / 47 Champed
    2* - 13 of 14 / Farming
    1* - Juggs!!

• Cmat64Cmat64 Posts: 17Age Unconfirmed Just Dropped In
    Good luck Jesus!!
  • StickStick Posts: 146Age Unconfirmed Tile Toppler
    I'd definitely hold onto the cp until she's about to expire. Personally, I love C4rol, and I think she's totally worth it to champ if you can. If you luck into the right cover before then, even better!
  • heybubheybub Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    I've thought about that for a time as well, and my conclusion was to buy the cover, especially if it is the last one to champ.  If you have some time, save your cp and try your luck with  heroic/vintage cover pulls.  I ended up buying a Peggy on heroes for hire and a nova with cp, champed them both and have no regrets.

The problem with cover pulls is you are very likely to get a character you do not want, or a duplicate cover.  If you really just gunning for that one cover, I think it makes sense to buy it.  If you have multiple characters with multiple covers needed, then taking 6 shots at Legendaries make sense.  I've been doing that with Medusa/Carol and have been having great luck (getting them and not getting dupes).
  • ECOcrushECOcrush Posts: 86Age Unconfirmed Match Maker
    My Carol is at 2/5/5. I have her set as a bonus hero, I have 6 of her covers in my queue and I've already sold 2!
    I just don't think I can scrounge up 120 CP in time before they expire - even with all the CPs Sinister Six offers. So that's why I've been taking my chances with pulls. Obviously it hasn't paid off...yet???
  • ECOcrushECOcrush Posts: 86Age Unconfirmed Match Maker
    I just pulled ANOTHER yellow! 
    I have 7 Carols hanging out in my rewards now!

If they won't offer colorless covers I wish they'd at leas offer a feature where you could trade in 3 or even 5 of a character's cover to get the color of your choice.
  • StickStick Posts: 146Age Unconfirmed Tile Toppler
    Yikes dude, I wouldn't gamble when I have stuff on the vine. Keep saving up your cp and you'll make it. Depending on how rewards shake out for the upcoming season, it should be doable.
  • maguirenumber6maguirenumber6 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I spent 120CP two days ago, to buy the last missing yellow cover for Nick Fury as I had two blues expiring on the vine. You might think it a waste of CP, but I've made half of it back already and I'm glad I spent them as I now have 19 4* champions, of which Nick was number 18 :smiley:
  • HeartbreaksoupHeartbreaksoup Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to piggyback here and ask for some advice about Howard the Duck.

Howard is my favorite Marvel character, and even though he's not extremely useful in big games, I do want a more powerful Howard than the single purple cover level 70 character I have.  Now that I have champed my first few 3* characters, I'm looking to see which of them would give me green and blue Howard.  The answer is apparently none of them, I'll have to wait for a repeat of the "Webbed Wonder" event, unless I missed something.  He does not appear to presently be in any of the vaults.

In the meantime, should I save up CP 120 at a time to buy four more purple covers for my Howard?  I plan to take him up at least to 2-purple, but am unsure about going higher unless I have a chance at green or blue, ever.
  • DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards

Howard is my favorite Marvel character, and even though he's not extremely useful in big games, I do want a more powerful Howard than the single purple cover level 70 character I have.  Now that I have champed my first few 3* characters, I'm looking to see which of them would give me green and blue Howard.  The answer is apparently none of them, I'll have to wait for a repeat of the "Webbed Wonder" event, unless I missed something.  He does not appear to presently be in any of the vaults.

In the meantime, should I save up CP 120 at a time to buy four more purple covers for my Howard?  I plan to take him up at least to 2-purple, but am unsure about going higher unless I have a chance at green or blue, ever.
    Nope, you aren't missing anything.  Howard is a limited character, so his covers are extremely rare. They did stick Webbed Wonder into the PvE rotation recently, so we do get opportunities at his covers a little more often. I think about the only other shot we get is around April Fools Day, when they run his PvP.
    My (mostly) current roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/DarthDeVo/

May RNGesus bless you and keep you; may he make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; may he lift up his countenance upon you and give you equal cover distribution.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 7,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

Nope, you aren't missing anything.  Howard is a limited character, so his covers are extremely rare. They did stick Webbed Wonder into the PvE rotation recently, so we do get opportunities at his covers a little more often. I think about the only other shot we get is around April Fools Day, when they run his PvP.

The cover you get in Webbed Wonder is also of a random color, so if you spend 480 CP to buy four more Purple covers you will regret it when you get Another Purple cover from that node. I say this as someone who has a 3/4/5 Howard and just got my tenth Purple cover on the last Webbed Wonder run.

Be patient and let Howard take his time. You'll get the covers for him eventually, there's no need to rush it.

Steve Rogers never wanted to be a super soldier. He always wanted to be... LumberCap! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia. The giant redwood! The larch! The fir! The mighty Scots pine! With his best Bucky by his side! They'd sing, sing, sing...

• Hanedog72Hanedog72 Posts: 7Age Unconfirmed Just Dropped In
    Do you all think the same applies for 5*? I am currently at around 194 CP and am rocking a 2/5/5 5* Black Panther and a 5/5/2 5* Thanos. My mindset is basically to hoard CP and hope there is an upcoming Heroes for Hire 250 CP for one of them. My biggest dread is getting 10 classic draws and getting a panther or thanos I can't use. 720 CP seems bananas to spend on one cover but it also seems like the safest route. Interested to hear thoughts on this.
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hanedog72 said:
    Do you all think the same applies for 5*? I am currently at around 194 CP and am rocking a 2/5/5 5* Black Panther and a 5/5/2 5* Thanos. My mindset is basically to hoard CP and hope there is an upcoming Heroes for Hire 250 CP for one of them. My biggest dread is getting 10 classic draws and getting a panther or thanos I can't use. 720 CP seems bananas to spend on one cover but it also seems like the safest route. Interested to hear thoughts on this.
    If you really wanna finish Panther, I'd recommend keeping 250CP in the bank, because you're only missing his Black cover. When he comes around as a 5* essential, you'll be able to buy that Black cover for 250CP, no-brainer there. As for Thanos...what level is your G4mora? If she's near lv320 you'll be able to get that final Green cover soon. If not, your best bet to cover Thanos would be to wait till he's in a special 5* store at a 5% chance. He's already been in two such stores (Cosmic and Angel of Death), so lightning might strike a third time.
    I'm any one of B4CONMAGIC, BL4CKH4M, Eld_the_preth, just_a_genius, KicksthatKick, lokivsleah, pyromantic, too_many_pants, WannaBSkrull, or WhatFlappinYo

Roster Updated as of 8 May 2018