How come placement rewards aren't doubled for 7 day events?

Progression rewards are doubled - and it's been kinda fun to add 6 extra levels to the featured 3* - but just curious about placement rewards at the end of this event. I understand that progression rewards are doubled because that's, more or less, what players would achieve of a 3 day event & a 4 day event were run instead. However placement is still only awarding a single event's worth of prizes.

Has there been anything said about this that I just missed?

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The HP and Iso rewards for placement are increased for 7-day events.  It's just the tokens given for placement that are the same.

I wouldn't mind if they doubled the tokens.  It'd also be nice if they did it for sub-event placement rewards on 2 day subs.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    The HP and Iso rewards for placement are increased for 7-day events.  It's just the tokens given for placement that are the same.

I wouldn't mind if they doubled the tokens.  It'd also be nice if they did it for sub-event placement rewards on 2 day subs.

Doubling tokens makes no sense, since you get them daily as with any other event.

What the Doctor means is doubling the covers for placement, which would be a reasonable request, I agree.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    You only get one event token for completing a 2 day sub-event, while you'd get two event tokens for completing two 1 day sub-events.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    You only get one event token for completing a 2 day sub-event, while you'd get two event tokens for completing two 1 day sub-events.
    He's obviously talking about end of event placement cover rewards, since he specifically made reference to "kinda fun to add 6 extra levels to the featured 3*".
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Be happy with small victories. This is the first event they doubled progression (and then some). Be grateful for that. It used to be a lot worse. Everything used to be a lot worse. We live in a golden age for rewards.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very pleased with the doubled progression rewards. It makes the 7-day events much more fair, when compared to the 3-day events. I'm not concerned about the placement rewards, because I can't get very high placement anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved to Events, Tournaments, and Missions due to discussion pertaining to event rewards
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    Be happy with small victories. This is the first event they doubled progression (and then some). Be grateful for that. It used to be a lot worse. Everything used to be a lot worse. We live in a golden age for rewards.

mpqr7 said:
    I'm very pleased with the doubled progression rewards. It makes the 7-day events much more fair, when compared to the 3-day events. I'm not concerned about the placement rewards, because I can't get very high placement anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me.

Both good points.

I guess I found it a curiosity, more than something that demanded an answer.