FYI: Will not renew VIP status and will go casual "free to play" from now on.

Reasons:

1. Heroic Tokens RNG is way too harsh thus devaluating Bonus Rewards and daily rewards. The only advantage of a VIP status would be 2 Legendary Tokens, which with time you realize that are not such a big deal either.

2. There's no endgame in perspective. It's always stories over and over. What's the point of playing stories to Improve Heroes just to play stories again? There are no modes in which the gameplay becomes relevant. There's no Milestones really stating how much you advanced. Just Levels. Where's that "Apocalypse Boss" you have to own to get 5 legendary tokens once you reach level 20? Or that permanent story you can advance with time where that "Apocalypse Boss" could be? It's like the dev team just wants to sell you tokens and they put some features on the perimeter to validate the reason why you would purchase tokens.

3. Versus is not an endgame. It's difficulty and unfairness could have been balanced by being fun but it is not. Not only it's too harsh and unrewarding but also it's not fun and too frustrating. It's limited to high level players only, and even their description of how they play Versus is tiresome and monotonous. And it's not even versus other players. It's just a very limited AI taking over some other player's team.

4. There's no competitive incentive to play MPQ. One can manage to own a very high Player with one star heroes, by creating a Permanent freeze loop. (I did this a few time to get to 575 points in Versus. It worked). The AI is not even an AI. Calling the few simple algorithms like "match prior color", "match 4 gem when possible" is too much of a stretch. And not forgetting that you can boost your team. So it's not skills or smart hero combinations that matters but mostly how much time you spent and how much you purchased.

5. The game becomes boring with the constant same animations over and over. After the 2 months I played, I am getting bored after 3 games just because of the same animations over and over. After a while, you fear more the animation itself, than the damage it implies.

6. The general marketing system is too confusing and unrewarding. I am guessing that people like to purchase things that have value. But after all the 2 stars I got from the Heroic Tokens, imo, they have none. At the price they sell heroics and the difficulty to get Legendary Tokens, one would expect at least 3 covers from one Token.

Bottom Line:

The addictive gameplay may hook some players who tolerate repetitive animations and the missing endgame, but not all. There are players, (which I think are the majority), who are easily bored. Maybe that's why this game is so harsh in its marketing. Do they try to drain as much as they can the few customers they have? I don't have any information, so it's just a speculation. But if it's the case, it's a very wrong marketing strategy. It's a shame since so much more could have been done with Marvel's trademark for a puzzle game.

Whatever. That was just my opinion before I leave the game completely.

gl, hf!

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Reasons:

.....Versus is not an endgame. It's difficulty and unfairness could have been balanced by being fun but it is not. Not only it's too harsh and unrewarding but also it's not fun and too frustrating. It's limited to high level players only....One can manage to own a very high Player with one star heroes...After the 2 months I played...

• Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I have a feeling, OP won't quit forums tho like some of the 'quitters.'  OP will continue to bash the game.  Oh well, just less competition for the rest of us is how I see it.  
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Reasons:

1. Heroic Tokens RNG is way too harsh thus devaluating Bonus Rewards and daily rewards. The only advantage of a VIP status would be 2 Legendary Tokens, which with time you realize that are not such a big deal either.

2. There's no endgame in perspective. It's always stories over and over. What's the point of playing stories to Improve Heroes just to play stories again? There are no modes in which the gameplay becomes relevant. There's no Milestones really stating how much you advanced. Just Levels. Where's that "Apocalypse Boss" you have to own to get 5 legendary tokens once you reach level 20? Or that permanent story you can advance with time where that "Apocalypse Boss" could be? It's like the dev team just wants to sell you tokens and they put some features on the perimeter to validate the reason why you would purchase tokens.

3. Versus is not an endgame. It's difficulty and unfairness could have been balanced by being fun but it is not. Not only it's too harsh and unrewarding but also it's not fun and too frustrating. It's limited to high level players only, and even their description of how they play Versus is tiresome and monotonous. And it's not even versus other players. It's just a very limited AI taking over some other player's team.

4. There's no competitive incentive to play MPQ. One can manage to own a very high Player with one star heroes, by creating a Permanent freeze loop. (I did this a few time to get to 575 points in Versus. It worked). The AI is not even an AI. Calling the few simple algorithms like "match prior color", "match 4 gem when possible" is too much of a stretch. And not forgetting that you can boost your team. So it's not skills or smart hero combinations that matters but mostly how much time you spent and how much you purchased.

5. The game becomes boring with the constant same animations over and over. After the 2 months I played, I am getting bored after 3 games just because of the same animations over and over. After a while, you fear more the animation itself, than the damage it implies.

6. The general marketing system is too confusing and unrewarding. I am guessing that people like to purchase things that have value. But after all the 2 stars I got from the Heroic Tokens, imo, they have none. At the price they sell heroics and the difficulty to get Legendary Tokens, one would expect at least 3 covers from one Token.

Bottom Line:

The addictive gameplay may hook some players who tolerate repetitive animations and the missing endgame, but not all. There are players, (which I think are the majority), who are easily bored. Maybe that's why this game is so harsh in its marketing. Do they try to drain as much as they can the few customers they have? I don't have any information, so it's just a speculation. But if it's the case, it's a very wrong marketing strategy. It's a shame since so much more could have been done with Marvel's trademark for a puzzle game.

Whatever. That was just my opinion before I leave the game completely.

gl, hf!
    Some of us are playing for 2 or more years now. If you complain like that after only 2 months, it's pretty clear the game is not for you. That's ok, find something else that you like. Nobody is forcing you to invest time & money, or really any resourse at all, in this game. It's your choice to do so if you wish.

I am playing for fun since day one. True, I tried to be competitive at some point, but the moment I realized there is no sense in doing so, everything was clear. Even the best thing can be bad when you have too much of it. And so is this game. I play to have fun... I already have a job, don't need another one :).
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for enlightening us
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *Off to Feedback*
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Nobody cares.
    I just felt like echoing this.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, so many things came to mind to say to this, but I already have a warning level so I'll keep them to myself...... There are SO MANY contradictary statements in this...... SMH....