5* Doc Ock Reactor doesn't trigger passive when fortified [Devs Aware]

DrDevilDinosaur
DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

When Doc Ock's Reactor Countdown becomes fortified, the passive component of his abilities (Phase 2, Phase 3, Final Phase) does not trigger if the fortified countdown is matched.

The wording of the passive provides separate contingencies for if the tile is matched and if the tile is destroyed, which implies that the tile was intended to be matched but not destroyed. Additionally, the very recent update to the Fortification mechanism suggests that the Reactor should provide the passive bonus if matched and fortified.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    I assumed the release of this ability was the impetus for them pushing out that change for fortified tiles when they did...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well "destroyed" can also be the result of a power that destroys tiles without matching them (Juggernaut, etc...), however, I have to say that I would simply have assumed that the power reverted back to the first phase if the tile was ever removed, so the extra wording that they did provide, coupled with the recent changes to matching every other fortified tile does make it really seem as though they specifically accounted for the fact that the tile could be matched without being destroyed.

I really hope we're not going to have to keep track of the difference between a tile being "matched" vs "matched away"
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. The development team is aware of this issue, and they're investigating it as we speak.