MtGPQ Sneak Peek: June 2017 Edition *Updated (6/26/17)

Options

Comments

• jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please stop doing things we hate ffs. I really like this game but every change (except for Standard) just makes me feel like this game is more and more of a grind and less and less fun. It's so FRUSTRATING. Just listen to us and when we say progression is too high then lower it not make us do double the amount of grind for the same bloody amount of reward!!!!!!!! It's EO and FiRF all over again. Urgh...!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/02/17) Brigby - Updated Single-Player and Multiplayer events

I also added information regarding boss health and new progression rewards for Trial of Zeal.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, that three card booster seems to be a running joke I don't get :D
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I'm still waiting on confirmation for the rewards, however I do have some information to communicate about the upcoming Trial of Zeal event.

Recharge timers will be set to 4 hours instead of 8. This was previously a bug, and was fixed in the 2.1.2 update. In addition, the 850 max progression ribbon will be reduced to 750 ribbons.
    @Brigby So are you really going to sit at your desk and with a straight face tell us that we have all been immensely enjoying a bug for the past 6 months? It really has nothing to do with the inability to make the event balanced in a way that players can get max progression and the have event end in less than 4+ days? This has done nothing to increase players' chances to reach max progression. All this will do is make the event end faster. Doubling the refresh time on nodes in an event that has infinite refreshes solves nothing. It just forces players to log in and play twice as often for even less fun. Well done. This may be the last straw for me.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @ZW2007-
    To my knowledge, the only event affected by this change is Trial of Zeal. All other events still have the 8 hour node recharge rate, as intended.
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @ZW2007-
    To my knowledge, the only event affected by this change is Trial of Zeal. All other events still have the 8 hour node recharge rate, as intended.
    Please feel free to share with the developers on my behalf (and the others voicing their opinions here and especially here https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65144/4-hour-recharge-timers#latest) that this is one event too many at the 4 hour rate.

I cannot fathom why time was spent 'fixing' something that wasn't broken when you guys have a number of other items to address.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @gruntface
    Thanks for passing that thread along. I actually just commented in that thread with some developer insight regarding the recharge rate change for Trial of Zeal
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @gruntface
    Thanks for passing that thread along. I actually just commented in that thread with some developer insight regarding the recharge rate change for Trial of Zeal

Much appreciated. I know it's difficult not to shoot the messenger here, but as you can see, the 'fix' has prompted some reactions :)

Have a great weekend.
  • Mathistopheles
    Mathistopheles Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Regarding the 4 or 8 hour node recharges, this is a Yogi-ism (something said by Yogi Berra that does not make sense, but made sense in his head at first): 

Yogi once walked into a pizzeria, where the cook asked him if he wanted his pizza cut into 4 or 8 slices. Yogi responds with "4, I don't think I can eat 8."

With the pie the same size, it doesn't matter how many pieces it is (time for the nodes to recharge). If you want to make the progression rewards attainable at 750 with 4 hour nodes, then you should calculate assuming that the average person should complete 65% of all attainable points during an event. Thus, if you set the boss health to 1000x the amount of players playing, either 4 or 8 hour recharges should work. 

8 hours is better for many players because not many of us can get to the game that quickly at the start of an event. Living in the States, my events start at noon. As long as I clear 1 of each node before 8PM, I am clear on a 4 hour recharge. 

However, someone playing the game in Asia might be asleep when the event starts, and with 4 charges to full, if they sleep more than 8 hours (not unheard of), they're already losing optimal time for full progression points. 
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I am guess that we will see a second release of cards this month as well. Next month should have the release of the new set.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(6/05/17) Brigby - Updated Multiplayer events
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(6/06/17) Brigby - Updated Multiplayer events
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:

Trial of the Planes - Every Weekday
    • Color Order: White, Blue, Black, Red, Green
    • Opt-In Time: 2:00am UTC
    • Start Time: 8:00am UTC
    • End Time: 6:00am UTC
    Limited Time Lower Entry Cost (30 Mana Crystals) *New Update*
    • 6/7/17: Black
    • 6/8/17: Red
    • 6/9/17: Green
    • 6/12/17: White
    • 6/13/17: Blue

Cool, Ill have to give those a try. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(6/08/17) Brigby - Updated Single-Player and Multiplayer events
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(6/14/17) Brigby - Updated Single-Player and Multiplayer events
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So what's the verdict on node refreshes @Brigby? Still 4 hours or back to 8? For Trial of Zeal that is.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @ZW2007-
    This weekend's Trial of Zeal will have Max Node Charges set to 6 charges, instead of the previous iteration with 4.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(6/15/17) Brigby - Updated Single-Player events and added link to Nissa, Steward of Elements announcement
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Brigby

I've read a comment from someone taking a break from our Coalition that they couldn't join Trial of Zeal because it's Coalition only. I don't recall the event being restricted to just Coalition members previously - is this a recent change, or is my memory just mistaken?

• Brigby
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi @julianus . Trial of Zeal has always been a Coalition event, since its introduction in update 2.1. There have not been any changes to that aspect