MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2017 Edition *Updated (6/28/17)

Options

Comments

• Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mr_Aziz said:
    fmftint said:
    Any chance we could get a scaling test for Enemy of the State? 
    oh yeah let's make the slog of a 7 day event even worse with another botchamania. that won't be tedious and frustrating at all!
    Please no! If they test I won't be able to do SCL8 and get all the goodies :(
    exactly. daddy wants his disgustingly huge pile of CP and Medusa covers.

in fact. let's just postpone the SCL scaling tests indefinitely until the year... 2099
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_Aziz said:
    Mr_Aziz said:
    fmftint said:
    oh yeah let's make the slog of a 7 day event even worse with another botchamania. that won't be tedious and frustrating at all!

in fact. let's just postpone the SCL scaling tests indefinitely until the year... 2099
    Do you mean... 5* Spider-Man 2099? I won't argue completely against SCL-difficulty, but the implementation had too wide jumps in difficulty and too much exploitability by strong rosters. I'd call it bad as previously presented.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Mr_Aziz said:
    Mr_Aziz said:
    fmftint said:

Do you mean... 5* Spider-Man 2099? I won't argue completely against SCL-difficulty, but the implementation had too wide jumps in difficulty and too much exploitability by strong rosters. I'd call it bad as previously presented.
    They need CLs 9 & 10 and minimum/maximum SR requirements for each CL for it to work properly
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Aw, dang. Now what to do? I've been siting on the 13 cover Venom so long, but Cloak and Dagger is one cover shy and Placement from EotS. My brain!
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint said:
    When I heard this was the next PvE, I assumed it was going to be a scaling test. Someone on Discord said they planned to do at least two more scaling tests, one of which was going to be a 7-day event.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Especially since people on discord got information about the last scaling test that was never officially posted to the forums. I think we had @Bowgentle to thank for letting us know that the SCL8 scaling was going to be +25 per clear, instead of the +15 from the first test.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and explanation, @jffdougan. It was very informative, and I appreciate you taking the time to write a thorough and helpful post. 

I realize my initial query could be read a bit accusatory. I admit, I'm still rather worked up about the change to the Heroes for Hire store denying me a chance at a red Spider-Gwen cover, and that's coloring my opinion towards everything related to the game right now. 

It's just that this was probably at least the third or fourth time I've seen people casually mention information they learned while on Discord, information that was never revealed here on the official forum. And I just thought it odd (and yes, annoying/frustrating at times) that relevant info was being disseminated (sometimes by devs) outside the official forum. Almost kind of like, "Why have the forum if Discord is where true interaction happens?"

And thanks for the invite. Not sure if I'll join, but at least now I'll only have myself to blame if I miss out on Discord info in the future. :smile:
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, @DarthDeVo, everybody there was pretty irritated about it [clarification edit: the HfH store change], too - I'd been pretty close to dropping the HP to balance out my 3/1/5 HoboFist, and lost that chance in the data push.

Hopefully, those things you see mentioned would, as I asserted, fall into the category of "clarifications" - I put the +25 level instead of +15 level from the scaling test into that category, for reference. 

I'm closing in on three years of daily plan. I'll tell you that I've seen the official forums get progressively more hostile to the guys who do the actual programming. We used to get occasional posts on the forums from Demiurge folks; I don't think I've seen one here in more than a year, maybe more than 18 months. I don't know if that's the people who would post here no longer working with Demiurge, or if they've felt it's not worth their time.

During the time the Discord server has been running - which might be pushing a year now; I'd have to go back and try to look up when I created it - there has been exactly one instance of dev team folks coming to us for something instead of to the forums, and that was looking to get a second set of eyes on the character poll that happened earlier this week. It basically started as "Here's the list from last time. Which important people are missing from it?"

If you voted for Jessica Jones, Nebula, Mantis, Yondu, or Nico Minoru, then you have that particular interaction to thank for it. And that would have been really hard to do in real time on the forums, because the poll needed to go out.

Look forward to seeing you there, even if only intermittently.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    It was really going to leave Jones and the three Guardians characters out? I wonder if that has more to do with them being in the works than actually missing?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty happy with eots being run, that'll get my medusa to 290 through their progression covers.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it was that he started with the results from the last poll and gave us the chance to comment. To be fair, I think we made sure all of those names were mentioned before that first draft was up, but they weren't on that first draft.

FWIW, my predictions for the next several months of new releases run something like this:

(announced 5* Spidey, presumably MCU, was not accounted for because no hint in current patch notes)

July release 1: Vulture  (confirmed for 7/13 later on Monday)

July release 2: Shocker

August release 1: either 4* Daredevil or 5* version of Sigourney Weaver's character from Defenders

August release 2: whichever of my predictions for August release 1 doesn't happen

September release 1: Jessica Jones

September release 2: Nebula (tied in to prep for Guardians home video release)

October release 1: new anniversary character

October release 2: Yondu

November release 1: 5* MCU Thor.

That was all before the poll was being worked on.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I generally don't like these MCU version characters. they're lame and kinda lazy as far as variants go.

either way yeeeeeeeeeee it's time for Enemy of the State. gotta gets me those sweet sweet Medusa covers
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/28/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(6/28/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events
    Are you sure Peggy is the reward for Iron Man pvp? She was a reward early last season and following the alphabetical pattern i think Star-Lord would be next.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    interesting. does that mean there will be some sort of commemorative bonus on the 4th of July?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Behemoth Burrito:
    • Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), Bullseye (Dark Avengers)

Good to see some of the new 4*'s being added to the Behemoth Burrito rotation!