What Shield clearance level do you chose

Options
veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
Am i blind or level 8 is much much worse (Up to level 400 foes compared to 240 if i remember correctly in CL 7) than level 7 with only few bonus rewards (some 3* cover, few ISO, 3 CP, few dozens of HP)?
Who else choses level 7 instead of usual level 8?

What Shield clearance level do you chose 81 votes

41%
BowgentleMoon RoachRealstuff_NameChangeChipster22Blindman13DaichesNepenthePunisher5784beyonderbubMoosePrimeAvalanche Kincaid[Deleted User]Vomit FountainwaywrethFokaiHISNKAllenTetsujinOniAlfje17Sim Mayorelrak82 34 votes
55%
BaineekillercoolmikeypRiguezStevO-JudonomefooArphaxadRafaelroberts_2OrionKannanOrionWEBGASDee RitchCrowlSluggoBloody_MarvelBossblackMissChinchvenyAlexRiot 45 votes
Else (tell us why)
2%
Wumpushunterkirby 2 votes

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    At my current 4* roster scaling, the hard nodes top out at around 325.  Doesn't seem like the rwds difference is worth increasing my difficulty by 75 levels, so I'll likely go 7.

Then again, the max of 7 almost seems like too big a drop in difficulty.  Frankly, I feel like there needs to be something in between to suit my (not abnormal) roster.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    *not sure why this is in character discussion. Moving to event forum.*
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm currently maxing out at in the low 270s, so dropping back down to SCL7 looks like the way to go. Kind of a bummer now that there actually seems to be a meaningful difference in the rewards between 7 and 8.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm going with 8 just to see how it is.  My hardest is maxing out at 337.  I have most 4* at at least 8 covers and my highest is lv 282.  Let's see what happens
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Staying at 8 because I like the idea but I want to provide proper feedback for some tweaks. I will not be able to do that at 7
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think I will be dropping down to 7, my roster will being facing slightly more difficult opponents than previous events while 5* rosters will be getting significantly easier ones so I will have little chance of a top placement.

The difference in progression rewards between the two are insufficient for the jump in levels between 7 and 8 and at the same time I have a fairly low opinion of how much they ever listen to our feedback so no point staying in 8 for that purpose either.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm staying in 8. I want to see if my roster can handle the challenge. Depends on the boosted list, I guess, because my 4* champs don't get any higher than 273.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Else (tell us why)
    I do well in placement in SL6 and the rewards help my roster.  I play in CL 6 cause I started 130 days ago.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I stayed in SCL 8, so as to compare the two ways of playing. No real difference with the Required player nodes, as they topped out slightly above 300 for me. The goon nodes were slightly higher than normal at the end, but not significantly so. Bullseye and the Two Muscles ended the fourth clear at LVL 323.

I will say that I joined in the 800s, and by the time I had all of the clears done I was #46...so there are a lot of people who did not get the full clear.
  • TheIncredibleClick
    TheIncredibleClick Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I chose 8 the night before and saw the message about increased difficulty the following morning, after the event was already underway. So I was hosed right out of the gate.

I'm finding it... interesting. My roster's decent, but after every 250+ battle, one of my heroes is either dead or nearly dead. It's a challenge, all right.

Maybe I'm cynical, but it seems the main motivation for the extreme difficulty in events dropping a 4 cover is to make people more unlikely to get that cover, and force them to start buying them outright at 3600 hp a pop instead.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Decided to drop down to SCL 7. On a 7 day event I don't want to take any chances. If it'd been a 3 day event I might have considered SCL 8.

Max level was 326 in DP vs. MPQ. SCL 8 would potentially have been 74 levels higher.

First time playing SCL 7 again since SCL 8 was introduced.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Saw the message but didn't pay that much attention to it. Wasn't until I got to the 4th node that I realized the level and HP of the enemies and went on the forums to see what was up. I would have probably chosen a lower SL if I had paid more attention to the rewards but it is interesting to see the scaling of enemies.

Haven't seen an enemy with 20k HP in a long time.
  • boofa2001
    boofa2001 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Decided to drop down to SCL 7. On a 7 day event I don't want to take any chances. If it'd been a 3 day event I might have considered SCL 8.

Max level was 326 in DP vs. MPQ. SCL 8 would potentially have been 74 levels higher.

First time playing SCL 7 again since SCL 8 was introduced.
    Its Unstable ISO-8, not ISO-8 Brotherhood, so it is just a 3-day event since they cut the 2nd sub to 24hrs.

As for me, I'm on the fence about it, but probably going to try slc8 this round and see how things go because I believe scl7 will be crowded with this change.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I chose 8 the night before and saw the message about increased difficulty the following morning, after the event was already underway. So I was hosed right out of the gate.

I'm finding it... interesting. My roster's decent, but after every 250+ battle, one of my heroes is either dead or nearly dead. It's a challenge, all right.

Maybe I'm cynical, but it seems the main motivation for the extreme difficulty in events dropping a 4 cover is to make people more unlikely to get that cover, and force them to start buying them outright at 3600 hp a pop instead.
    Technically you are correct and i have nothing against what you wrote... problem is, difference of difficulty between SC7 and SC8 is not reflected by the loot (for much harder game far from required level you get only few more things - ISO, HPs and 3 CPs).
    Difficulty is like 50% higher but loot... dunno, 5%?
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm doing 8 and trying to convince myself that it's because I love a challenge and want to push myself to play better, but it's getting reeealllly hard to keep my spirits up when I see a level 300+ Muscle blow my whole team away when I can't get to a Tommy Gun tile in time.
  • Antomat_0314
    Antomat_0314 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I chose scl7 because after 364 days I still don't have a single 4* champed. 

So... yea, I'm glad I dropped to scl7, had to use a lot of my health packs, probably wouldn't have been able to full clear scl8.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

SCL7 or SCL4

Decent placement is an impossibility for me in SCL8, and I'm guessing that t50 will be the best I can hope for in SCL7, but time will tell, so its an easy choice for SCL7 over SCL8 in terms of the effort to reward ratio...

When I don't have time, don't like the event, or don't care much for the 4* progression cover, I'll target SCL4, it still gives progression CP (I think the difference over a 3-4 day event is around 10-12?) but will be trivial in terms of effort and time spent.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks to enemies being about 125 levels lower than what I'm used to my end grind plus initial grind went to about 60 minutes. Total. That's what end grind alone usually took me against 449 enemies.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been playing CL8 for as long as it is available, but for this trail run I've chosen CL7 because I want to enjoy playing a playthrough of PVE. With levels normally topping out at 322 for me the new 400 is just too high in my opinion, the chance for a bad cascade and the consequent defeat is just not worth it.

I can understand that people with champed 5*s would see this as a real improvement, but maybe that could be an opportunity to add CL9 for that? Just a thought... others have said it too, but it seems a good idea to me.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went with 8 because I was already around 385 on scaling on that hardest nodes....... so what's 15 levels.....