Updating Character Descriptions For Multiple Power States (5/10/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

We have gone through the various characters in our game, and added the ability to view multiple states of their powers where applicable in the Character Description screen. There are several characters that aren't on this list though; namely Iceman, The Hulk (Bruce Banner), and Ant-Man. They will require a bit of additional time to address, however rest assured that we are hoping to implement the description feature for their abilities in a future update. 

The below changes should go live in Thursday's daily patch.

3-Stars

• Hawkeye (Hawkguy)
    • Full Quiver now reveals Explosive ArrowElectric ArrowSonic ArrowAnt-Man ArrowAcid ArrowSmoke Bomb ArrowShrapnel Arrow, and Out of Arrows.
  • Vision (Android Avenger)
    • Solar Beam now reveals Heavy Strike and Light Disruption.

4-Stars

• X-23 (All-New X-Men)
    • Holding Back now reveals Berserker Fury
  • Venom (Agent Venom)
    • Military Might now reveals Alien Weakness.
  • Punisher (MAX)
    • Punish now reveals Army of One.
  • Nova (Sam Alexander)
    • Takeoff now reveals Rocket Man.
  • Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
    • Lunacy now reveals Aspect of Khonshu, Marc Spector, and Mr. Knight.
  • Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
    • Hide & Seek now reveals Surprise!
  • Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)
    • Deus Ex Machina now reveals Chekhov's Gun.
  • Blade (Modern)
    • The Hunger now reveals The Bloodlust.

5-Stars

• Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
    • Living Legend now reveals Still Sharp.
    • Die Hard now reveals Old Habits.
    • Reluctant Hero now reveals Finish the Fight.
  • Jean Grey (Phoenix)
    • From the Ashes now reveals Phoenix Force.

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Thank you!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's been a long time coming, but appreciated nonetheless.
    Thank you!
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    This is a good one. Thanks.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    About 2 years late, but thank you
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Awesome! Been waiting on this one for a while
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Quality of life changes never seem to get the praise as larger positive changes, but this one has been a long time coming, and is a very welcome improvement to the game.

Much thanks to the devs!

Agreed. I actually prefer quality of life changes over big changes. This great and very helpful.

The next quality changes I would like to see is the Roster Filter used for the Battle screen and the PvP opponents roster (or simply show us the cover count in the node screen).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much!!
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Thank you!!!

Hopefully nothing was broken when this was implemented?

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing Hawkguys Full Quiver power will be either multiple pages or very small print haha.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    This is a great change. Well done. I think the dev team deserve credit when we get positive changes like this one, they certainly get enough negative feedback in other circumstances.  Keep it up!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you!! Long time coming
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Excellent update, thank you!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    much appreciated , thx. great feature

Edit : BOB SAGET!!! I never even knew Phoenix had a different power after she died .
  • Brigby
    @Wonko33

Now you know! ;)

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    @Brigby any chance Full Quiver will also show the Bola Arrow power? You might think it was on the Full Quiver page (The words Bola Arrow are, I guess) but not the part about "Creates a [3/2] turn Blue countdown tile that stuns the target  for [2/3/4] turns.

You know, the important part that tells you what a Bola Arrow does ;)

Thanks so much for the update, though, it's a great improvement.

Would it also be possible to go back and add scaling numbers to a few old powers where they are mysteriously absent?

Armoured Assault, Adamantium Bones, Spider Sense, and *1 Storm Hailstorm all create protect/attack tiles with an unlisted strength. That's not necessarily an exhaustive list, just the ones that I can think of right now.

Finally, it would be super awesome if you/they could find a way to fully explain what Avengers Assemble, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Call the Cavalry actually do (numbers-wise). 

Thanks again :D
  • Brigby
    @Jaedenkaal

Hmm..that would probably be helpful, wouldn't it? Good catch! I'll pass that along to the developers.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Thanks for the update! I have a question though. These updates are targeted at the character description screens. But are there also plans in the works to make the altenative power descriptions available when you inspect them during a match? If I'm correct, you can't currently do that, either.

(Also, when addressing @Jaedenkaal 's issue : I think the Lieutenant's burst heal also misses an exact number)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    @Brigby Thanks for the update! I have a question though. These updates are targeted at the character description screens. But are there also plans in the works to make the altenative power descriptions available when you inspect them during a match? If I'm correct, you can't currently do that, either.

(Also, when addressing @Jaedenkaal 's issue : I think the Lieutenant's burst heal also misses an exact number)
    While we are at it, isn't the commander? strike tile missing an exact number also....
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Also interested if we could get Green Goblins trick or treat power to come with descriptions. I only got him recently so I haven't memorized what the different colors do