**** Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiderwoman is next, and then i think cage.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    According to this thread, Spider-Woman and Cage are both coming out before next season.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know who will get vaulted when R&G get added to legendary tokens?

Next season's token rotation should see Rocket and Groot and the new Gamora added to the tokens and Spider-Woman and Luke Cage be removed to make room for them. Three-star Star-Lord should also enter the token pool at that time, but it is unclear what character will be removed to make room for him.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler

I like the progression prize cover, but fighting with it is a PITA at this level.  Carol and IM40 work well but if I don't get the yellow and black right away it's a wash.

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Hey, look at that! PVP at 900 is green! Looks like I win. A green. Smolcat.
    Hopefully that means we get his 2nd best power in his mini-pve. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Hey, look at that! PVP at 900 is green! Looks like I win. A green. Smolcat.
    Hopefully that means we get his 2nd best power in his mini-pve. 
    I will try not to be devestated if it's not his blue. I fear, however, being swallowed by blackest despair should his PVP lead to a 0/1/4 build. It sucks having 1 power building that much faster than the others. It seems to increase the number that come from CP/LT buys.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/0/1 was fine in the Backup Plan last mission with a champed Carol and a 131 2/4/2 Medusa
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Carol /Wasp/R&G, collect 6 Blue and wreck. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Carol /Wasp/R&G, collect 6 Blue and wreck. 
    Yup, this team will become the go-to for any match against strong ap-suppressors.  Have to fight level 400 hood + peggy + anyone?

Try r&g 4* + wasp + carol.  Use ap boosts to start with 3 blue.  Make 1 blue match.  You will be doing 5k per match by round 4. . .
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    4*R&G + Wasp + Carol :
    They're good, but I wouldn't want to burn 3 AP boosts every match to get Wasp and Carol going right away, unless I'm shield hopping.  R&G's blue and green powers are a little too expensive for a quick kill.  Nevertheless, I think R&G is going to be the new hottest character to champ, and eclipse Carol. 

Does everyone realize that R&G can hit 4 times in one turn, with strike damage boosting each hit?
    1. Blue CD tile hits + strike damage (creates attack tile too)
    2. Green CD tile causes Baby Groot to make a match + strike damage
    3. You make a regular match + strike damage
    4. Attack tile makes a hit + strike damage

So.......the strength of those strike tiles makes a big difference.  But it takes 12 Blue and 10 Green to pull this off, hence this team......

4*R&G + Star Lord + IM40:
    They hit hard from the beginning and even harder at the end.  IM40 fuels R&G and SL to throw down CD tiles, and then do some punching.  Each turn, you hit 4 times until your CD tiles expire and then hit the whole team 3 times.  This could take down some very tough opponents. 

Here's some other team ideas:

4*R&G + Star Lord + Carol:
    Start with 2150+ match damage; active powers in all colors; 5 ways to produce CD tiles; AP reduction by Star Lord; Carol can quick expire R&G's green nuke or her own Black CD tile.  You could substitute Carol with Wasp. 

4*R&G + Medusa + (Guardians character): (PVE)
    The quick kill team; 2150+ match damage AND 2600 end of turn damage = 4750 damage per turn

4*R&G + Medusa + Carnage: (PVP)
    3500 damage per turn, sure to scare away any potential attackers.  If you match away the special tiles, Medusa heals the team and Carnage just makes more.  It's so evil.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    3500 damage per turn, sure to scare away any potential attackers.  If you match away the special tiles, Medusa heals the team and Carnage just makes more.  It's so evil.

My R4G + Medusa + C4rol (or anyone) loves to play against this team ;)
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    When does Baby Groot enter the 4* pool?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    At the beginning of next season, which is June 1st. 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    At the beginning of next season, which is June 1st. 
    i thought it was two weeks after release. So that means that next season will add Gamora and BG&R?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    bbigler said:

My R4G + Medusa + C4rol (or anyone) loves to play against this team ;)
    Hmmmm.......a mirror team may work against them, but the match could take forever with all that healing going on.  Carol is OK, but Hawkguy could help produce purple really fast to steal enemy tiles with Medusa.  But Hawkguy would be a lightning rod for attacks or retaliations.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imagine if Ultron was a playable hero. Imagine if you paired the two of them with Wasp.
    Imagine allll the strike tiiiles... flipping allll the tiiiiime
    You may say... I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    Someday Devs may join us
    And MPQ will be all fun.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I just went up against them champed in Sim. Holy cow. I won, but man, it was close. Those strike tiles almost shredded Carol before I knew what hit me.

*moves Rocket and Groot to the top of her wish list*

Only seven covers to go. #sadface
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    mexus said:
    Do you guys prefer their yellow at 5? Or 3? How you you build the duo?

The only good Guardian I have to team them with is 3* Gamora but I'm thinking maybe I should level my 3* Star Lord up for them to hang out with.

I think the widespread consensus is 3/5/5. It's interesting, because Welcome to the Team runs a little counter to the other two powers. It's instant damage, made even more ridiculous paired with, say, Medusa. (In Shield Sim, I was downing at least one enemy usually no later than 3rd turn.) Their other two powers require a little more time to get going. Blue is nice, but it costs a little much for a tile that might be easily matched away. Green has potential to be matched away and self-damage, but the free match every turn makes up for that, I think.

I can only speculate, but I think teaming them up with Coulson & Drax would be bonkers, though likely weak on defense. The obvious Carol & Coulson pairing seems crazy as well.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't really used them in pvp yet, but in pve, I am definitely preferring 3/5/5 as it gives you such a head start on nodes and by the time the strikes get matched away you tend to have the ap to start firing off active powers.

With the goon-heavy nodes of the strange pve, I am liking the combination of R&G, Dr S and either Medusa or Nova.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl said:
    I haven't really used them in pvp yet, but in pve, I am definitely preferring 3/5/5 as it gives you such a head start on nodes and by the time the strikes get matched away you tend to have the ap to start firing off active powers.

With the goon-heavy nodes of the strange pve, I am liking the combination of R&G, Dr S and either Medusa or Nova.
    Grocket + Nova is really nice when you get a Black strike tile from the start