3star Starlord vs 5star Starlords purple

Quest34
Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
I don't know how to add pictures but 3star starlords purple costs the same as 5 stars but at 5 covers steal 4 tiles vs only 3 for 5star starlord. 

That does not seem right. 

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I was just about to post the same thing! Why would 5* purple be worse? And I thought 5* would steal more AP but they both steal up to 8. 

Also it's disappointing theres nothing unique about the two outside of damage. 5* Strange had an active yellow and a permanent purple, while Thanos purple controls the board.. you would think 5* SL would do something slightly different too.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does seem like 3* lord is particularly lazy.  They need more differentiation
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I was just about to post the same thing! Why would 5* purple be worse? And I thought 5* would steal more AP but they both steal up to 8. 

Also it's disappointing theres nothing unique about the two outside of damage. 5* Strange had an active yellow and a permanent purple, while Thanos purple controls the board.. you would think 5* SL would do something slightly different too.
    And dont forget that 5* thanos black stuns everyone.  Huge advantage for 5* version.

But in generak i have a question about star lord: why does he look so lackluster?  Yellow introduces new battery machanics to 5* land.  But it's fairly pricey, a la girl friday.  

And his other two powers look mediocre to bad.  Is this a bug that you can fix like 3* thanos?
  • Quest34
    Yeah his green is going to be weaker than ss red and cost 5 ap more based on 255 stats.
  • Vhailorx
    Quest34 said:
    Yeah his green is going to be weaker than ss red and cost 5 ap more based on 255 stats.
    It's aoe damage, so the analogy isnt perfect.  But 8ish k aoe just isnt that impressive at the 5* tier.
      Overvalued random board destruction strikes again!
  • Quest34
    Didn't realize it was aoe
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    3* AOE Weaker than Ragnarok, but the 3 rows that spare your tiles is better and it doesn't hurt your team.  His yellow is probably where he shines, 5 charged tiles is pretty nice. Tile and ap theft is not bad too. Probably go 4/4/5. Definitely an underwhelming character, but probably useful
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Tough to say at this point. I agree his green AOE looks a little weak but it IS team damage, it's instant, there's a component that removes 3/8 of any enemy special tiles, possible cascades (always better on defense than offense), and he's self-fueling. I could see launching green and then using purple to clean up any special tiles that weren't destroyed. His match damage looks to be the best in the game and his health pool is only behind Thanos, and we know what a tank he is.
  • Straycat
    To the original question, oh yeah, what is that? They said the only difference was the amount of heal or damage, but the 5* is somehow weaker? If the 3* was weaker than it would make a little sense.

• Vhailorx
    edited April 2017
    Starlord may be the rare character whose best power should be set to 3.  Since 4 and 5 covers of his yellow only affect the burst heal, there is effectively no value in going that high.

So 3/5/5 all the way.  

Unless i am missing something with the power in real world use, i think Green is still too weak for him to ever be great, and the ap theft is random and therefore useless.  Strongest or even highest a la psylocke would be so much better because of predictability.
  • Straycat
    Oh, that's where 3* and 5* differ, you need 4 in yellow on the 3* to get the charged tiles. I was thinking 4/4/5 for the 3* Starlord for that reason, and since the 50% threshold unlocks at 4.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe Something Bad was proving to be too good in 5* matchups where special tiles were created, or on teams when you make strong enemy tiles (Phoenix mainly, I guess, although he seems like he might have some synergy with Banner)?

Presumably it's not unrelated to the reason why 3* hawkeye gets a 4 turn stun arrow and 5* hawkeye does not.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I just spoke with Anthony from Demiurge about this topic, and he said the following:
    We are actually going to update the ability to bring the 5-Star in line with the 3-Star (their [Something Bad] powers will be the same). This change should be live Monday morning.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just spoke with Anthony from Demiurge about this topic, and he said the following:
    We are actually going to update the ability to bring the 5-Star in line with the 3-Star (their [Something Bad] powers will be the same). This change should be live Monday morning.

@Brigby

Thanks but shouldn't 5* steal more than 3*?

The Marvel.Com SL article stated "The difference between 3-Star and 5-Star is the amount of tiles/AP being stolen." 

I guess they knew 3* would steal more. It just seems odd.