***** Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in Character Details

Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) :starlord:

5 Star Rarity (Epic)

At Max Level: HP: 50041 688/80/611/535/73/4.3x

Something Good 10 :yellow: AP

Star-Lord swoops in with a last minute rescue, looking surprisingly heroic in the process.  Convert 4 basic tiles of the enemy’s strongest color to Green Charged tiles.  If one of Star-Lord’s teammates has less than 40% health, give the team a burst of 828 healing.

• Level 2: If one of Star-Lord’s teammates has less than 40% health, give the team a burst of 1142 healing.
  • Level 3: Convert 5 basic tiles of the enemy’s strongest color to Green Charged tiles.
  • Level 4: If one of Star-Lord’s teammates has less than 50% health, give the team a burst of 1142 healing.
  • Level 5: If one of Star-Lord’s teammates has less than 50% health, give the team a burst of 1501 healing.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Convert 5 basic tiles of the enemy's strongest color to green.  If one of Star-Lord's teammates has less than 40% health, give the team a burst of 4590 healing.
  • Level 4: If one of Star-Lord's teammates has less than 50% health, give the team a burst of 4590 healing.
  • Level 5: If one of Star-Lord's teammates has less than 50% health, give the team a  burst of 6032 healing.

Something Bad 8 :purple: AP

While everyone’s distracted by the chaos, Star-Lord quietly pockets some loot.  What?  It’s not like they’re going to miss it.  Steals up to 2 random enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles.  If there are none, steals 4 random enemy AP instead.

• Level 2: If there are no enemy Special tiles, steals 5 random enemy AP instead.
  • Level 3: If there are no enemy Special tiles, steals 6 random enemy AP instead.
  • Level 4:  If there are no enemy Special tiles, steals 7 random enemy AP instead.
  • Level 5: Steals up to 3 random enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles.  If there are none, steals 8 random AP instead.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Steals up to 2 random enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles.  If there are none, steals 6 random enemy AP instead.
  • Level 4: Steals up to 2 random enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles.  If there are none, steals 7 random enemy AP instead.
  • Level 5: Steals up to 3 random enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles.  If there are none, steals 8 random enemy AP instead.

Bit of Both 12 :green: AP  

Star-Lord cranks up the volume in The Milano, unleashing its blasters on the battlefield.  Destroy a random column of tiles, leaving any friendly tiles, and deal 1428 damage to the enemy team (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP or deal damage).

• Level 2: Destroys tiles in 2 random columns.
  • Level 3: Deals 1714 damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 4: Destroys tiles in 3 random columns.
  • Level 5: Deals 1999 damage to the enemy team.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Destroy 2 random columns of tiles and deal 6887 damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 4:  Destroy 3 random columns of tiles and deal 6887 damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 5:  Deal 8035 damage to the enemy team.

* first time in new layout, I will fix this up after I get through the initial post stats phase... stay tuned...
* fixed max level powers

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu said:
    Hello,

I will have this variation and the 3-Star variation stats up today, around lunch time!

Thank you,
    Cthulhu

@Cthulhu

Thanks. Could you also help us understand why 3* Sal's purple is better than 5*? 3* steals up to 4 special tiles while 5* can only steal up to 3. 
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Dont like he's a feeder for Thanos. He is a natural fit with him, allowing a 5/3/5 build to cover purple, adds a yellow active and generates green for Thanos come and get me. Seems odd to create this kind of synergy for two enemies.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu said:
    Hello,

I will have this variation and the 3-Star variation stats up today, around lunch time!

Thank you,
    Cthulhu

@Cthulhu

Thanks. Could you also help us understand why 3* Sal's purple is better than 5*? 3* steals up to 4 special tiles while 5* can only steal up to 3. 
    We saw this too and are discussing.  Either Brigsby or I will have an answer as soon as we get one!
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Is it just me or do the max levels on those stats not make any sense?
  • Punisher5784
    edited April 2017
    Dont like he's a feeder for Thanos. He is a natural fit with him, allowing a 5/3/5 build to cover purple, adds a yellow active and generates green for Thanos come and get me. Seems odd to create this kind of synergy for two enemies.

CMags' red generates match-5s to trigger Professor Xs blue power

Dooms blue generates black for Mr. Fantastics black 

1* Venom creates web tiles for 1* Spidey to utilize 

Also, until we have the numbers, I would likely use SLs green AOE over Thanos green AOE that has a CD tile.
  • Cthulhu
    Whoops, sorry I didnt finish the max level powers.
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I think the max level is for Cloak and Dagger.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Looks like there are some Cloak & Dagger power descriptions in there as well?
  • We_are_Venom
    edited April 2017

CMags' red generates match-5s to trigger Professor Xs blue power

Dooms blue generates black for Mr. Fantastics black 

1* Venom creates web tiles for 1* Spidey to utilize 

Also, until we have the numbers, I would likely use SLs green AOE over Thanos green AOE that has a CD tile.

It's 8k* (just checked) damage for SL vs 20k for Thanos. That's a huge gap and for exact same amount of AP.

Those other hero/villain relationships are much more intimate than Thanos/SL, more frenemies than true enemies. Thanos and SL have never had a personal relationship to justify such synergy.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    8k aoe and 6k burst healing both seem low and disappointing. I had high hopes.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    It's 8k* (just checked) damage for SL vs 20k for Thanos. That's a huge gap and for exact same amount of AP.
    But Thanos' is a CD tile which gets matched away/destroyed a great deal of the time. SL is also self-fueling with his green. There are also other components to SL green--you can't discount the column destruction, any enemy tiles in that destruction, and the resulting cascades.
  • We_are_Venom
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    But Thanos' is a CD tile which gets matched away/destroyed a great deal of the time. SL is also self-fueling with his green. There are also other components to SL green--you can't discount the column destruction, any enemy tiles in that destruction, and the resulting cascades.
    You do what you do if that's what you like but my results are much better so far using Thanos green or SL green. 

It doesn't take away the fact that SL can fuel the best 5* in the game. 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Bleh, my Latest stash is going to be ready in about 2 months, and you put these powers in there? He looks so incredibly week. He looks like a 4* character that you created to counter strike tiles. (And you can stop creating counters to special tiles because you nerfed OML, even though he's not that strong.)

This just made my CP stash cry. Saving up for 4 months, and now what choice do I have? Wait until they release three more 5*s after Starlord and hope they're better?

This seriously looks in line with the original 4* Starlord. Lots of utility, with no power, and no one's ever going to use them.

I read yellow and thought, "eh, you can leave that at 3 covers." Then I read purple and thought, "eh, you could leave that at 3 also." Then I looked at green thinking there should be some huge giant payoff, and all we get is 8k team damage at max?

The green isn't impressive at all. Yes, it leaves your special tiles and destroys 3 columns. But those 3 columns also cause cascades, which can...destroy your special tiles. You also will usually not be able to collect all 5 of the green charged tiles from your yellow, and any left on the board have a 3/8 chance of being wiped out, since charged tiles are neutral.
  • Cthulhu
    5-Star's steal will be fixed to steal as much as the 3-Star version of Star-Lord.  Thank you guys for pointing it out!
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Cthulhu said:
    5-Star's steal will be fixed to steal as much as the 3-Star version of Star-Lord.  Thank you guys for pointing it out!
    Should the 5 star be stronger than the 3 star version
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Quest34 said:
    Cthulhu said:
    Shouldn't at least one of them be good? 

;)

/snark  but seriously, star lord looks pretty underwhelming on paper. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu said:
    I find it interesting that everyone jumped on this in 2 seconds but no one asked why 3* Hawkeye gets a 4-turn stun while 5* Hawkeye does not. 

Actually I just went to check that in game on the new handy multi-power screens for 5* hawkeye, and I can't because Bola Arrow is missing still.
  • Punisher5784
    edited April 2017
     Vhailorx said:
    Quest34 said:
    Cthulhu said:
    Shouldn't at least one of them be good? 

;)

/snark  but seriously, star lord looks pretty underwhelming on paper. 

I was going to buy the GOTG 40pk but after looking at 3* SL.. I'll never use him as much as I use 3* Strange, Thanos or even Hawkeye. Even if I were still in 3* land, why would I use him over KK or Thor? KK has a better team heal burst, and Thor's yellow is more reliable for green AP plus it actually damages the enemy for 2 more AP.

No point in hoarding CP for 5* SL cause he looks lousy and possibly the worst 5*. 

Time to go back to the drawing board devs.. this looks like a failure.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am a bit more bullish on his yellow than you pun.  It's predictable relative to thor's yellow, cheaper, and makes charged tiles.  So if used well it has the chance to generate massive amounts of green ap.

But he has very little else going for him.  Conditional burst healing?  Random ap theft?  Weak aoe damage and random boardshake?  All pretty meh. 
  • Punisher5784
    Vhailorx said:
    I am a bit more bullish on his yellow than you pun.  It's predictable relative to thor's yellow, cheaper, and makes charged tiles.  So if used well it has the chance to generate massive amounts of green ap.

But he has very little else going for him.  Conditional burst healing?  Random ap theft?  Weak aoe damage and random boardshake?  All pretty meh. 

Yeah if used "well" but we all know Charge tiles do not guarantee you AP. The opponent still has a chance to take those charge tiles... Imagine facing Rhulk?! His yellow is just too expensive. Maybe if it healed more.. if I have a character below 50% health, a thousand HP isn't going to fully stop the enemy from killing the character. Again, KKs health burst is more reliable, as well as Medusa. I do not see myself bringing him for that yellow...