Guardians of the Galaxy PvE Events

MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
Based on the description over at Marvel.com, it looks like we're going to get more of what we asked for! 

Remember the Coulson mini event? Remember how pretty much everyone really enjoyed it, and asked for more?  That's (probably) the type of events we're getting, based on the description given. 

There is also a new three-part Guardians themed event starting on Sunday, April 30 that features Peter Quill that runs until May 5 and puts the Guardians hot on the trail of a powerful relic. 

The events are written by Marvel writer Alex Irvine and each part of the event ties with the launch of a new character starting with Star-Lord this week and concluding with Gamora later in May. 

So, it'll probably be short, easy, and entertaining (and available for a week to give everyone a chance at it), and we get three of them! 

Yes, a full-blown PVE would have been nice, but it's hard to complain about getting a new bike, just because it isn't the new car we were hoping for. 

The Thanos boss event looks interesting, but it starts in 2 days, and there isn't too much information about it (infinity gem tiles that have different effects when matched, and nasty countdowns that can only be matched away by 4 or 5-matches). Any chance we can get a better breakdown of the event before it begins, @brigby? Scoring systems? Alliance implications? Reward structure? 

Anybody have more specifics on this, or reasonable speculations? 

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I suspect this is Another fourday PvE with Three subs, one of them being 48 hours long. Could be wrong though.

I also suspect this will be moved to the Events subforum as soon as  mod sees it.

• MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
     Quebbster said:

I suspect this is Another fourday PvE with Three subs, one of them being 48 hours long. Could be wrong though.

I also suspect this will be moved to the Events subforum as soon as  mod sees it.

Hmm.. Gamora "later in May" reads as a separate event to me. I suppose we'll see soon enough though. 

And good point about the events forum - I should have posted it there.

Mods, if you would? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I suspect it's just a rerun of the same event for later events. New events tend to be rerun in fairly short order Before entering regular rotation.

I suppose we might get Meet Rocket and Groot for Rocket and Groot's fourstar release though.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

I'm not gonna bet on this, because it will definitely happen.
    I'm gonna bet that once it moves it won't get much activity and will be more clutter in the right place?  Not sure what the point of this new organization effort is...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will simply be a reskinned Meet Rocket & Groot called "Meet Rocket & Baby Groot".. Anyways I would love to see a mini game where you have to stop Baby Groot from pushing the button lol
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the way it's phrased, I think it's definitely three separate events. The bottom of the Star Lord announcement says the R&G event is "part two" and Gamora is "part three". That doesn't fit with running the same event multiple times, you know? And based on the initial timeframe, I assumed Star Lord's "Part One" would be his Essential event (the first post-release event, where the 3* will be Essential). So theoretically we could have Meet Rocket & Groot as a release for the new R&G, then have them as the Essential in "Part Two." (and I think a repaint with the new art would be neat, kinda like putting Peggy into... Unstable ISO-8? whichever one it is that used to feature 3* Cap)

Though, of course, that's assuming Parts One, Two, and Three are regular, full events. They could easily be like Amadaeus' Inferno or Growth Industry or... that one with Coulson I can't remember the name of, and that hadn't crossed my mind until @MarkersMake suggested it here. That format would certainly be easier on them for writing. But I was kinda hoping for a few full-blown events with new enemy types, so we can get some variety with them (as opposed to Venom Bomb, which is the ONLY symbiote event, you know?)