5 Star problem: who to champ first?

wanghiking
wanghiking Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in Roster and Level Help
About my roster: I have a fully covered OML at Lv 350 and a fully covered BlackPanther at Lv 255, and a champed Silver Surfer at Lv 453, and I have most four  stars champed with three past Lv 300. 

For other five stars, I have three 11 covered ones: 4/3/4 Pheonix, 2/4/5 Natasha and 2/4/5 Thanos. 

And I know this would happen: I am going to get my last two covers for Thanos, then I got a purple sign, then I got my 14th BlackPanther...that's why I have to come to forum for suggestion.

Based on such a roster strength, is it time to move into five star land by champ Blackpanther first as I need to open more Latest Legends before Thanos goes into classic? What are the suggestions from veterans based on my situation?

I could reach that 550K iso in two weeks. Should I prepare for it or just pass Blackpanther?

Thank you guys! 

Comments

• wanghiking
    Another questions is that, based on my roster strength, I know to have another 5 star champion will make my pvp life quite different: I can hit 900 consistently without shield right now, and without fighting two 5 star champions if I am not going to go beyond 1000. Could veterans tell me how different it will be? 

Will I have two five star champions starting from the beginning of my PvP?
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    BP is extremely valuable if you can get the last two Thanos covers. If not, he's good on defense, but not a top-tier 5*. 

OML is still useful as well even post-nerf. Personally, I would set Thano5 as my only 5* BH and champ BP, and try to cover thano5 before he rolls out. I believe you have about 2.5 weeks until that happens. 
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Absolutely champion Black Panther.  You should have enough time to do this and pull the remaining two Thanos covers if you're lucky.  Since OML is in Classic Tokens, you can afford to wait on him.  He's not going anywhere.  Champ BP, then Champ Thanos if you can, then if you don't have any other priorities, go for OML.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos/Panther alone is probably enough for 1200 in the right slices, but you're gonna hemorrhage health packs in the process.

As far as changes to your MMR, yes your 2nd 5* is going to have you seeing more 450-450 opponents.  I have basically similar, I have Surfer/OML/Panther champed.  I always see at least one champed 5, usually with a second but also with boosted 4s from time to time.

It's also going to change your PvE scaling a bunch.  When I champed Panther (my 3rd to finish) my hardest PvE levels jumped by 30.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Champ Panther so that you can pull for Thanos.  Panther and even an under-covered Thanos is a fantastic duo that will overcome any scaling/MMR issues you run in to.

Yes your MMR will get worse.....a lot worse.  You will only see other teams of two 5*s or a handful of 5*/400+ boosted 4*.  That will continue until you get to ~800 points or so.  Less if the event has just opened, a bit higher if it's closer to the end of the event.

Yes your scaling will get worse....a lot worse.  This is the biggest potential negative IMO.  If you are a T10 or better PvE player.....you won't be, not until you get Thanos up into the 400s as well most likely.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Panther is stronger than people give him credit for.  He gets underestimated because people undervalue his damage output and he requires some different strategies than many characters.  He doesn't pair perfectly with Silver Surfer thanks to color overlap, but the same is true of OML -- the only active skill they conflict on is black.

His red passive doesn't trigger on AoE damage, but I'm pretty sure that's a bug.  Hopefully it will work as described eventually.

With a 14th cover pending, I would definitely focus on champing BP.
  • wanghiking
    thanks guys, awesome advice! just need confirmation about 5* BP abd MMR. 

He is not bad. So to champ him.

And MMR will be a lot different, but its time to move into 5* land, right?

then need to save two weeks of iso:)
  • wanghiking
    i got my 14th BP now, so have to champ him...