Does the "No more guns" token have an expiration date?

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
@Brigby an official answer would be welcome. My buddy is holding his because he doesn't have enough HP for a roster slot, is sitting on 4 different character covers already, and doesn't want to pull a new character.

I told him to open it, better to be safe than sorry, and get nothing. But is there an official answer to this?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think tokens ever expire.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    No token expires. A vault/store might run for a limited time, but if you have a token of that vault, it'll just move to the "Post Event" section. Even there you can still pull, you just wont see the pool of rewards it's coming from. As a general rule of thumb, if you don't see a "Time Left" or "Ends In" for the vault, it'll be there indefinitely. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    this is a pretty good valid question.  Typically, post event tokens get updated with new odds tables when the event reruns.  Speficially, if you had old post event tokens to DDQvs.MPQ you could expect to see those tokens updated to whatever the last odds table was used.

but since this store probably won't be rerun in the future, it also probably means that this token will never have odds for future 5* releases.

Its probably a frozen snapshot in time at the available 5* - OML.  A red name probably needs to comment on that to be official.

But thats the caveat I would mention to your friend.  

The token never expires, but You'll never get the benefit of having access to the last 3 5*.  and eventually you can anticipate that pulling even a 5* thanos will be considered a junk pull like 5* IM
  • Beer40
    Thanks everyone! He said he's holding it for now so he can try to get RiRi, Medusa, and someone else (I can't remember) rostered.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Phumade said:
    this is a pretty good valid question.  Typically, post event tokens get updated with new odds tables when the event reruns.  Speficially, if you had old post event tokens to DDQvs.MPQ you could expect to see those tokens updated to whatever the last odds table was used.

but since this store probably won't be rerun in the future, it also probably means that this token will never have odds for future 5* releases.

Its probably a frozen snapshot in time at the available 5* - OML.  A red name probably needs to comment on that to be official.

But thats the caveat I would mention to your friend.  

The token never expires, but You'll never get the benefit of having access to the last 3 5*.  and eventually you can anticipate that pulling even a 5* thanos will be considered a junk pull like 5* IM
    I'm almost positive that stores don't change until the devs manually update them.  So yes, the store would be stuck with the same characters as it has now unless they use the same store for a future rework.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Beer40 said:
    @Brigby an official answer would be welcome. My buddy is holding his because he doesn't have enough HP for a roster slot, is sitting on 4 different character covers already, and doesn't want to pull a new character.

I told him to open it, better to be safe than sorry, and get nothing. But is there an official answer to this?
    @Beer40 That's a good question. To my knowledge, tokens don't expire, but considering the unique situation behind the creation of this store, I've reached out to the developers for a definitive answer.

They're currently out of office though, so I can get an answer to you tomorrow at the earliest.
  • Beer40
    Brigby said:
    Beer40 said:

@Beer40 That's a good question. To my knowledge, tokens don't expire, but considering the unique situation behind the creation of this store, I've reached out to the developers for a definitive answer.

They're currently out of office though, so I can get an answer to you tomorrow at the earliest.
    Thank you!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Beer40

Just heard back from the developers this morning. No More Guns tokens do not expire.
  • Beer40
    Brigby said:
    @Beer40

Just heard back from the developers this morning. No More Guns tokens do not expire.
    I will pass the info along. Thank you for checking!