Heroes for Hire duration?

MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
So, it's pretty clear that D3 is doing some A/B testing with the HfH store by offering one price point to some players and another price point to the rest. 

What is not clear is how long this test is going to run. There is no indication in any of the discussion posts about when either:
- the store will close, or
- a universal price will be decided upon 

Can we get some sort of idea on how long this situation is going to continue, @brigby? D3 might be within their rights to offer differential pricing to some players, but it has to be temporary, right? 

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I imagine it will be over once this cycle is complete or next cycle at the most. But really, who knows?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's annoying is I would have taken advantage of some of the 2500 HP deals but I just chosen for the lackluster 3600 HP "deal"
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I would like to know how different pricing structures can be contacted considered as Treating Customers Fairly under their Terms of Business? 
    Pretty sure if they were a bricks and mortar store charging different prices / pricing structures some one would end up dragging them through the courts.

This is leading to a 'grass is greener' situation with those offered cheaper deal wanting the increased value of the 3600 and those on the 'premium' package wanting the cheaper deal, with both groups feeling like they are the ones being picked on. (Reminds me of the episode of Better Off Ted where the staff were randomly issued different colour lab coats and drove them selves to distraction trying to work out which group was being rewarded/punished).

Peace

• Screen Monkey

This is leading to a 'grass is greener' situation with those offered cheaper deal wanting the increased value of the 3600 and those on the 'premium' package wanting the cheaper deal, with both groups feeling like they are the ones being picked on. 
    I don't believe I've seen anyone say they want the "increased value" of the 3600HP deal. 
    Really? I would take the better deal on certain covers, if I had the spare hp (which  I don't).
    Just because you have not seen someone say so on the forum, does not mean that some will feel that the other offer is better. (Please note I never mention that either opinion had been voiced on the forum, just that both opinions exist)
  • MarkersMake
    I'm not quite sure what you are actually saying.

However, the opinions I have heard on the forums, in person, and on Line have universally been that the 2500HP deal is the better value; that the increased number of tokens/ISO/CP are not worth the 1100HP price difference; and that the 3600HP deal is being taken only because they cannot choose between it and the 2500HP deal. 

The grass really is greener on one side of the fence. 
  • Screen Monkey
    I'm not quite sure what you are actually saying.

However, the opinions I have heard on the forums, in person, and on Line have universally been that the 2500HP deal is the better value; that the increased number of tokens/ISO/CP are not worth the 1100HP price difference; and that the 3600HP deal is being taken only because they cannot choose between it and the 2500HP deal. 

The grass really is greener on one side of the fence. 
    The usage of the word universally must have changed since i was at school then? As I just posted that I would like the 3600 offer.

Just saying there are opinions out there that you may have missed.....Like mine.

There have been times I would have payed 1000hp for just the 3 CP.

Your milage may vary.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    OPs assuming they have a plan

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't bought any of them, and I have the 2500 HP option, but I also would prefer the more expensive/more rewards version.  HP is easy to come by, ISO and CP are less easy to come by.

I also said this in another thread.  If there's a cover I really want (Yellow Coulson, for example), then I would make this purchase.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love a way for the store to be removed altogether. It takes too long for me to flip from whatever default store pops up to the standard token screen (the main group of tokens that I open throughout the day).
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I would love a way for the store to be removed altogether. It takes too long for me to flip from whatever default store pops up to the standard token screen (the main group of tokens that I open throughout the day).
    Just remember to back out of any sub before going to the token pages then, you will always get sent to heroics then.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't believe I've seen anyone say they want the "increased value" of the 3600HP deal. 
    actually the 3 known 3* that accompany Danny Rand in my 3600 vault unlocked 30cp and a LT because of where those characters were on the champ tree.  So I bought that offer.  I know I could have waited until I magically got that hulk cover via other prizes.  but when 3 out of the 4 known covers dropped big rewards.  I would have felt stupid for not unlocking them when I had the chance.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bet it comes down to simple math.  If the total amount of HP spent by all players on the 2500 deal is more than the total amount spent on the 3600 deal, then going forward, they will probably offer the 2500 deal (or vice versa).  If less than 10% of all players spent HP on it, then they may remove it permanently.  If actual HP purchases increased during the trial run, then you bet they will keep it.  It all comes down to their metrics. 

IMO - they are trying to find a balance between extracting as much money as possible from each player without making them want to quit.  If progression is too easy, then people won't pay money to do it; but if progression is too hard or costly, then people start to quit.  Find that balance and you can make millions.  10 Million over 3 years to be exact. 
  • MarkersMake
    edited April 2017
    Phumade said:
    actually the 3 known 3* that accompany Danny Rand in my 3600 vault unlocked 30cp and a LT because of where those characters were on the champ tree.  So I bought that offer.  I know I could have waited until I magically got that hulk cover via other prizes.  but when 3 out of the 4 known covers dropped big rewards.  I would have felt stupid for not unlocking them when I had the chance.
    That's... 

OK,  both day 1 offers had those covers.

It's not a question of whether you thought the covers were worth 3600HP, it's whether you thought you'd rather pay an extra 1100HP for the extra 6k ISO, 4 Elite tokens, and 2 CP that you got compared to people who were offered the 2500HP deal.

They got the same covers you did, but for 2500HP instead. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @MarkersMake

I'm aware of the team doing some testing with the Heroes for Hire bundles to identify which resonates the most with players, however I unfortunately do not have any information as to when this testing period might end.
  • MarkersMake
    Thanks, Brigby.

Even when your response is "I don't know", the fact that you did respond is always appreciated. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope i get a chance at the 2500 HP offers. I likely would have taken advantage of some characters but I got stuck with the lesser 3600 "deal"
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I wish they would have tested another option: A lower than 2500 HP priced one that was for the 4* only. But they didn't, so whichever choice they stick with I probably will never have the available HP to use on. Oh well.