Petition to keep HP in DDQ vaults

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
Hey @Brigby and @Cthulhu and whoever else this should go to:

I know their are only rumors about a DDQ vault nerf and I know the original post about it was pulled so it isn't being implemented with advanced notice (I hope), but I'm worried about there being a new DDQ vault without the good stuff in it.

A lot of players will be upset if you remove the 4*s from the taco vaults, but I can...understand that...if you put in a better way to acquire 4*s (which I don't feel are really premium currency as you do, but that's another topic). I also don't think this new 2500/3600HP store for specific 4*s et al. is the answer, but maybe other players agree? This is one part of the discussion, I guess.

But the biggest reason I'm posting this, is please Please PLEASE don't take out the HP from the taco vaults. They are the main reason I use tacos. They are my favorite prize in the vault! I need HP more than I need anything else.

Whatever changes you make to the taco vaults, PLEASE at least give us plenty of advanced warning so we can use any tokens we have to try to get as much as HP as possible.

And please don't take out the HP. Thank you.

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know, at one time I would've been all "hey, maybe let's wait and see what the changes actually are before we freak out about it," but with the string of lousy changes lately I'll go ahead and co-sign.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Maybe the "changes" are that they are going to ADD a 5* to the vaults, right?  :D 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too would appreciate leaving the HP in the taco tokens. It's a great way to grab some HP in a pinch, if say you need an extra shield or to roster one more character.
  • Tahroo
    Tahroo Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Considering all I ever do is DDQ while I wait for them to figure out some more meaningful way for us to play the game without competing for the same limited prize pool.. taking away HP from the tacos would drastically kill my willingness to play. Removing characters from rotation and vaulting off others already has me pretty upset as I see some characters going up and up while others dawdle around just barely past their champed level. DDQ needs a daily 4 star setup like the 3 star and the 1v1 weekly fight should go to 5 star. ISO should die a horrible death and character level should be tied into how many covers you have. But all that means loss of money from whales even if it gets new players and people on the fence to be happy and actually stay with the game. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I have yet to actually win HP from DPD but it's my #1 goal to win that 1000 hp to roster more characters. If they remove it I'll curse their lineage for all eternity. Every change is not for the health of the game but the health of their pocketbook.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    New McG said:
    Every change is not for the health of the game but the health of their pocketbook.
    I know, right? Almost like it's a business. 
    Maybe at some point they will realize that pissing off and trying to drive away all your customers isn't the best for the bottom line.  Oh well, if they don't want my money I am more than happy to keep it.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    New McG said:
    Every change is not for the health of the game but the health of their pocketbook.
    Maybe at some point they will realize that pissing off and trying to drive away all your customers isn't the best for the bottom line.  Oh well, if they don't want my money I am more than happy to keep it.
    Yes, they are TRYING to drive customers away. Thank the heavens we aren't exaggerating this.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Considering the chances, i really dont care about HPs in taco - i dont think i would miss it, considering the prices in of tokens.
    Yes, after some "improvements" it would be another nail in the coffin for my attitude towards the game.

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    New McG said:
    A business lives and dies by their customer service.  They vaulted to create a new store, they nerfed OLM to use up health packs faster, and now they get rid of HP on DPD to get people to buy it instead. All of these changes have been protested by parts of the  community. All of them have happened in 2 months. A breaking point will be reached and the game will decline. The game will become pay to not only win but pay to progress at all.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be surprised if they removed HP from DDQ vaults simply because the DDQ vaults existed before championing. Now that you can earn an 50 HP every few champ levels it makes business sense for them to remove HP from DDQ vaults. However, I hope they would either lower the contents or add more 3/4*s as the alternative.. no more 2*s.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    New McG said:
    A business lives and dies by their customer service.  They vaulted to create a new store, they nerfed OLM to use up health packs faster, and now they get rid of HP on DPD to get people to buy it instead. All of these changes have been protested by parts of the  community. All of them have happened in 2 months. A breaking point will be reached and the game will decline. The game will become pay to not only win but pay to progress at all.
    Except the hp is still in the taco tokens.....
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

Except the hp is still in the taco tokens.....
    not if the mistaken "published"  game news occurs in the next DDQ reset.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    But why cry the sky is falling? It's pretty tiresome. I  understand people get this wound up because they like the game.

But for someone to act like it is the most devastating problem in their life is a gross exaggeration. And this forum is full of posts of people grossly overreacting.

Although I do not feel wumpushunter presented it as a devastating problem. He just lumped in something that has not happened with things that have. And presented it all as done already.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    But why cry the sky is falling? It's pretty tiresome. I  understand people get this wound up because they like the game.

But for someone to act like it is the most devastating problem in their life is a gross exaggeration. And this forum is full of posts of people grossly overreacting.
    peeps cope in different ways. considering how many posted here it's pretty light, if it goes live, then the pitchforks and torches come out, lol
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    HP wasn't removed from the initial draft that floated.  The 1k HP reward was still available.

The HP ROI on the tacos was reduced by about 2/3 however.  From 13.33 down to about 4.8 per taco.
  • Celerial
    Celerial Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I wouldn't be surprised if they removed HP from DDQ vaults simply because the DDQ vaults existed before championing. Now that you can earn an 50 HP every few champ levels it makes business sense for them to remove HP from DDQ vaults. However, I hope they would either lower the contents or add more 3/4*s as the alternative.. no more 2*s.
    Except they've also made it increasingly difficult to add champ levels to older 4's

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Pulling HP out of a taco is one of the highlights of the game for me. Please do not do this.

Why do they keep taking things away from us?
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    People keep saying that the 1000HP prize will still be in there, which is an HP prize, yes, but that will mean they are removing a total of 3000HP spread out, but easily attained if you empty the vault. That's a huge amount of HP.