Forum Features Q&A

MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Because why not? 

Q: How do I edit my post? 
A: On mobile, tap the grey gear icon in the top right, and then click the "edit" button that appears at the bottom. of the screen. 

Q: Why does my new post disappear (on mobile browsers)  without a trace if I use the autocomplete suggestion for @name or a smiley? 
A: It's broken - don't use it. 

Q: I tapped the gear icon on a new announcement, and then tapped the "dismiss" button, and now it's gone. Is it gone forever? Can I get it back? What if there is new important info in it that gets updated? Will it re-appear? 
A: Yeah, no idea. UPDATE! It is magically back! But no longer stickied? Not sure how this works. 

Add your own so we can learn how to use this forum properly! :) 

Comments

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Can we ask questions for those who are more skilled at this can answer? If so, Icons. Will we get them back and when? Or are they gone forever? 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The question I have is.

On the sneek peak thread, I only want to see the 1st message that Brigby posts on.  but the forum always takes me to the last message.

How do I set up the forum so I only see the 1st message on that thread?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    The question I have is.

On the sneek peak thread, I only want to see the 1st message that Brigby posts on.  but the forum always takes me to the last message.

How do I set up the forum so I only see the 1st message on that thread?
    I don't think there's an option to do that, but you can get there by clicking on the 1 (for first page of the thread) instead of the thread link itself.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a way to change settings so I can have more posts per page when viewing a thread or to view timestamps for posts on mobile?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Are the icons for characters and cover colors coming back?  I found them useful.  I miss them.