Peggy Carter blue does not stun invisible opponents [Investigating]

Options
Merrick
Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
edited January 2019 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
You used to be able to use an AOE stun to stun an invisible character. In simulator, I was unable to stun an invisible BSSM. 

Don't know if they changed the rules for stunning or if this is a glitch. 

[moderator edit: changed subject line -Dayv]

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if BSSM is Invisble because of an enemy being stunned and then becomes stunned my guess his passive is causing him to stay invisble
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merrick said:
    You used to be able to use an AOE stun to stun an invisible character. In simulator, I was unable to stun an invisible BSSM. 

Don't know if they changed the rules for stunning or if this is a glitch. 
       Can you specify what stun was used against 5* Spidey?  Also, did he have any other allies still in play and how were they affected?  In the past, at least, it has been possible to stun an invisible Spidey with a randomly targeted or AoE stun.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used a Peggy blue targeting his silver surfer. His other ally was affected by the stun.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Merrick said:
    I used a Peggy blue targeting his silver surfer. His other ally was affected by the stun.
    Ah, yeah, this is a bit of a weird case.  This was changed in the R111 update in October 2016.  This power no longer targets invisible enemies.

Let's overthink this.  Overthinking things is my jam.

"Do as Peggy Says" doesn't affect the whole team, it only affects *nontargeted* members.  If it randomly stunned two members of the team it would apply to invisible characters as something like Spider-Gwen's purple or 5* Spidey's green.  If it affected the whole team, like >os's "Court Death" passive or 1* Black Widow's blue, it would apply to invisible characters.

Instead, what we have here is a sort of inverse targeting.  You know exactly who it's going to hit, and if you're facing a full three opponents, you can target two of them.

I think the devs probably implemented it as AoE with a blind spot at first, but then decided that made it overly strong against invisible characters, especially when weighed in combination with the strong damaging countdowns it creates.  They then updated it to the current behavior, more in line with the inverse targeting reasoning.

tl;dr: Peggy Carter's blue skill does not stun invisible characters.  This is not a bug.  She's still pretty great.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, they need to fix it again.  

Unless its SUPPOSED to stun the last remaining character on your team.   Even when they are invisible.  ....which I dont believe it's supposed to.

Sorry, playing on mobile.  I dont have a screenshot available.  

But let's paint the picture.  I'm using a spider/stun (Spid3rman/Miles/Gwen) team to fight the anti-kitty/rocket team (Peggy/Bishop/De4dpool).

Lots of back n forth
     Slow build up
      All 3 passives are a must (defense, healing, AP generation)
       As soon as I got around 10 blue and enough red to Miles red Peggy, I did so.  Stun her, use existing web tiles along with two shots of blue from Spiderman, to stun the rest of the opponents.   Once in a while,  a peggy blue sneaks out, or a deadpool purple...
         Finally, I'm down to Miles (invisible) against a barely living Peggy and Deadpool.  Making sure to save 14 purple before I use Surprise, for obvious reasons.  She hits me with a blue.  My front line invisible Miles is stunned.  Game over.  They unload abilities.  That's it.

Come on now... that's a bug.   And it should be fixed.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @PiMacleod
    Thank you for reporting this. I've passed this information along to the team for further review.