Genuine Question for Devs to help future roster planning

2»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Quebbster said:
    JablesMc said:
    Gotcha, and actually, this is part of the reason I don't use him much. Blue and green are too expensive to be effective, and I don't usually encounter insane strikes enough to justify wasting a spot for his purple at 2 covers.
    I fight him on occassion in PvP and with 5 Purple covers he can be... mildly annoying for my OML/Phoenix. But he's rarely a problem, I just hit him first and focus on one of the others when he goes invisible. The Automotive Artillery can be annoying though.

Like pretty much everyone, in the hands of a player he can be very effective. In the hands of the AI not so much. Though I will say that when you have only 1 character left to beat and it happens to be Spidey, be prepared to be annoyed. He spends a lot of the time invisible for 1 turn so wearing him down takes a while.

True dat, very few characters are played well by the AI. But on defense he doesn't do particularly well against the very characters he is supposed to counter.

But this makes me feel less bad about my 4/4/4 BSSM. :)

Oh I dunno, in the previous meta (OML/Phoenix strikes) Spidey instantly renders their best ability null leaving only phoenix red and match damage as your enemy. The only thing the AI will always get wrong is firing blue before green. Which in itself can sometimes be a nuisance, instead of being invisible for 4 turns in a row, he will be invisible for 1 turn, then another, then another, then another. Gets annoying. He won't destroy anyone on defense really because of AI inability to time Blue after green but then...who does on defense?

The only defense in this game is a shield.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Quebbster said:
    JablesMc said:
    Gotcha, and actually, this is part of the reason I don't use him much. Blue and green are too expensive to be effective, and I don't usually encounter insane strikes enough to justify wasting a spot for his purple at 2 covers.
    I fight him on occassion in PvP and with 5 Purple covers he can be... mildly annoying for my OML/Phoenix. But he's rarely a problem, I just hit him first and focus on one of the others when he goes invisible. The Automotive Artillery can be annoying though.

Like pretty much everyone, in the hands of a player he can be very effective. In the hands of the AI not so much. Though I will say that when you have only 1 character left to beat and it happens to be Spidey, be prepared to be annoyed. He spends a lot of the time invisible for 1 turn so wearing him down takes a while.

True dat, very few characters are played well by the AI. But on defense he doesn't do particularly well against the very characters he is supposed to counter.

But this makes me feel less bad about my 4/4/4 BSSM. :)

Oh I dunno, in the previous meta (OML/Phoenix strikes) Spidey instantly renders their best ability null leaving only phoenix red and match damage as your enemy. The only thing the AI will always get wrong is firing blue before green. Which in itself can sometimes be a nuisance, instead of being invisible for 4 turns in a row, he will be invisible for 1 turn, then another, then another, then another. Gets annoying. He won't destroy anyone on defense really because of AI inability to time Blue after green but then...who does on defense?

The only defense in this game is a shield.

I found Phoenix' Purple Power much more effective against BSSM than her red, TBH. Red's damage was not that impressive without strike tiles, and you might shoot yourself in the foot if the attack tiles popped up. A good Cascade is an excellent way to deplete BSSM's Health though, and I could just sit on the red AP until BSSM was out of the game.

You are right that the souped up version of his blue is rarely seen when piloted by the AP though. Hadn't really considered that.