Meet ThePower9 -- And join us in our Public Discord Community -- Open to Everyone!

Comments

• ZulnaarZulnaar Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    This sounds amazing. Just like the play & brew groups of regular Magic.

I would greatly appreciate it if I could get an invite to the discord server. If you have a spot open in a developing coalition then even better.
  • Sorin81Sorin81 Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    Zulnaar said:
    This sounds amazing. Just like the play & brew groups of regular Magic.
    Yeah, we are pretty amazing.
  • ilmgardilmgard Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I recently pick up this game again after retiring at amonkhet. My old coalition doesn't seem to be active anymore. I would like to join you if possible.
  • bken1234bken1234 GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 2,830 Chairperson of the Boards
    Exciting things happening in ThePower9!!

Congrats to TeamReckless on 2 1st place wins in a row!

Congrats to Brotastic on your second top 10 finish in RotGP!

Welcome to LividMTG -- we are so happy to have you!
    We are growing leaps and bounds in October! 

We’ve welcomed our 900th member and also a new coalition! 

Welcome to top 50 team Syndication!!!
    Welcome to TP9, TheMadness! We are so excited to add another top 25 team to our family!!

Since we have officially adding several long time friends to the mix, we have openings for top 25 players -- for more information see our recruiting post in the "Coalitions Looking for a Player" thread or PM me for an invite to Discord!
  • Tridus_BelrockTridus_Belrock Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I just recently started playing MTG Puzzle Quest and so far I'm loving it but could really use some help
    I just recently started playing MTG Puzzle Quest and so far I'm loving it but could really use some help
    Welcome :) 
  • EvilDeadEvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    I'm looking for a new home. I love most of my coalition members but sadly only 6 or so of us actually try to max out event points. Most just get a few points here and there and then reap whatever bracket the 6 of us can carry us into by the end of the event. We're usually in the 50-100 or 100+ coalition event ranking so it's not always a terrible reward but I would like to be in a group where there is a lot more participation and effort to match mine effort. 

Work and Family comes first but I almost always max out node charges unless the recharge is during my sleepy time.

I don't do Discord but I do pay attention to Coalition Chat and communicate when I'm in game.
    edited November 2018
    Welcome to our newest top 100 team, Fluffy!

We have a few top 10 and 25 spots open. PM me for details!!!  

• KyanmarKyanmar Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hello, I'd like to join you guys.
    I'm new to this game, though I played MtG for some time back in college, so most concepts are familiar.
    What should I do to join?
    More amazing things happening in ThePower9!

Congrats to DimMak for your first ever top 10 finish!

TP9 has reached a milestone, welcoming our 1000th member to our Discord server!

Come join us and see what all the buzz is about! PM me for an invite.
  • EmroinEmroin Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hi, I sent a pm to Sorin81 with a request to get access to the discord server but Im not certain it got through. I don’t even know if I can see the meseage I sent. The d3go forum is confusing to me; I just want to get into discord and leave it behind. 
    @Emroin I sent you a pm. Check at the top right of your screen in your inbox. Should be the envelope between the globe and the ribbon and we have a red number circle.
    ThePower9 can't be contained!!

Welcome to our newest top 25 team, BlueLotus!

We have a few openings for top 50, top 25 and top 10 players. PM me for info and an invite to our awesome Discord community!!!
    ThePower9 is proud to announce the newest coalition to join our alliance. 

Welcome to our long time friends, Hironobu and all the guys from finalfantasy! 

edited June 2019
    Here we go again!!

ThePower9 Alliance welcomes @Poppy99, @Bigbill and everyone from the GodsOfTheros group with excitement and open arms. 
    @Poppy99 brings 5 new teams into our group and with them a whole new set of ideas and experiences. 

Come check us out. PM me for an invite to our Discord community.
    Summer is coming to a close and we have just done a HUGE wave of promotions from our awesome development coalitions to our many top 10 and top 25 coalitions, which means we have spots open at all levels!

Some common questions we get when players ask about ThePower9:

When is the best time to join a coalition:
    Your first week of play. The knowledge and rewards you get from participating in coalition play are invaluable in engaging and progressing in MtGPQ.

What is the time commitment for being part of a coalition:
    This depends on the coalition you join. Minimum, there is a coalition event every weekend. It is out of respect for your teammates that your participate in this event. Each coalition has their own requirements. Make sure you ask when you join what they expect of you and see how that balances with your life. Some just want you to show an effort. Some want you to meet all personal (also called progression) rewards. Competitive teams will, obviously require a bigger commitment. 

Will I be moved around based on my scores:
    No. Our alliance doesn't do score switching. We might be HUGE, but each of our coalitions sees themselves as a little family -- score switching doesn't fall in line with that. However, some of our top 10/25 teams do have A/B structures which allow you to play up and down depending on your real life and your interest and engagement in particular events. 

How do development teams work:
    Development teams are a catch all for players who enter TP9 and aren't quite sure where they belong. They are balanced by former competitive players who can offer a wealth of advice and information, and will not be your permanent home. However you will stay there for a few or several events until you and your leader decide which level of play you'll be most comfortable at -- then you are moved to a permanent coalition. 

What is Discord:
    Discord is a community chat service designed for teams and gamers. We chose it because it is available by both website and app -- we understand some players are either uncomfortable or don't have the storage capacity to add more apps to their phone. Having a web-based community gives you the capability to stay connected to your coalition in an alternate fashion.

ThePower9 is proud to be host our coalitions in the largest public Discord server in MtGPQ, which hosts not only our coalitions, but hundreds of friends from all over the MtGPQ universe. Our server is very close to welcoming our 1500th member. Anyone is welcome in our server (please see our main post for contact info to get an invite), we have tons of public channels full of advice and information, and you can always find someone friendly and helpful -- but TP9 players are required to use Discord regularly. Because in game chat is often unstable, this is your lifeline for important information from your coalition, and about the game. 

What if I'm not happy in my coalition?
    That's easy... we have 34, we will find you another one :)

We would love for you to come into Discord and get to know us -- check out our public channels -- see what we do -- whether it's your first week, or you've been with the game for 3 years, as long as you want an actual team, who communicates, puts forth the same effort you do every week -- we have a home for you and we would love to have you in one of our families. 

Contact @Sorin81 @spadpl or @Julie71 for an invite to Discord!
  • Julie71Julie71 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Best decision I ever made.  I'm home. Love you guys
  • YammanigYammanig Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Started my journey in a none productive team and through the help of the tp9 family have progressed to a top 10 team