Current available characters and future removal & additions (Higher rate drops)

Options

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for doing this, very helpful.  I'm kind of surprised to see C4ge is due to rotate out soon-ish.  I have all the others covered except the newest 4, but for some reason only have 5 covers on C4ge.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for doing this, very helpful.  I'm kind of surprised to see C4ge is due to rotate out soon-ish.  I have all the others covered except the newest 4, but for some reason only have 5 covers on C4ge.
    C4ge and Bl4de are my two 4-star stalkers.  I've got both of them champed.  Meanwhile, Spider Woman is sitting at 3/1/1, and Agent Coulson is at 0/2/2.  C4rol is a 3/3/3, but she is my bonus 4-star, and two of those covers were bonus ones. 
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tempted to hoard my LTs until Agent Venom is out of the pool. but seeing as he's tentatively listed to leave 24 August i just don't see my patience holding out! I am so bad at hoarding, even in the midst of an iso drought!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    We'll likely see both 4* Gamora and 4* Grocket during the next season. If so, those two will replace Luke Cage and Spiderwoman

Not necessarily. Grocket should have their release PvE next weekend, and then Gamora's would be two weeks after that, which should be the last weekend of the season. Characters are added to the token pool only after they have had their release PvP, and there isn't time for Gamora to have her PvP Before the next season.

TL;DR - the characters added next season should be 3* Star-Lord and 4* Rocket and Groot.

Spider-Woman should be removed to make room for Grocket, but it's anyone's guess what Three-star gets bumped to make room for Quill. Could be GSBW, could be Kamala Khan, could be anyone really.

Then Gamora gets added the season after that and Luke Cage is removed to make room for her. The other release that season should be Another fivestar, so we have a few seasons ahead with only a single fourstar being removed from the pool at a time.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope Quebbster is right. I need a bit more time on my 5/5/1 C4ge. I've only had to sell one dupe black so far.
    Spider-Woman is at 6/3/7 so she can get the heck out for Rocket & Groot!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Nah, they released Grocket one week sooner than I assumed. Starlord, Grocket and Gamora should all enter the token pool next season.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sure would be great if we could get this post stickied as long as OP is willing to keep it updated.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else think its strange that Vision and Quicksilver weren't on the 3* list since they were the last two 3 star characters released before the recent new string of 3* characters?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Anyone else think its strange that Vision and Quicksilver weren't on the 3* list since they were the last two 3 star characters released before the recent new string of 3* characters?

Not really, it's not a chronological list. GSBW and Spider-man have been around since the beginning of the game, Iron Man 40 for almost as long. The characters were probably chosen for a mixture of face recognition value (the only thing that can explain Spider-man being in there...) and gameplay quality.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It says it's not clear when 3* Star Lord will be added, but he'll roll in when R&G do at the start of the next season. They're not clear on which 3*s get replaced, but they're added with the same pattern as 4*s, so he's due to roll in start of next season.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    It says it's not clear when 3* Star Lord will be added, but he'll roll in when R&G do at the start of the next season. They're not clear on which 3*s get replaced, but they're added with the same pattern as 4*s, so he's due to roll in start of next season.
    Thanks! Updated.

Also, anyone know if Gamora will be added next season or the following season?
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Her PVP, according to the Marvel.com article, will be running May 25 - 29, which will make it the last PVP of this season.  Characters are usually added to tokens the season after their PVP debut, so I expect that Gamora will be added to tokens next season.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her PVP, according to the Marvel.com article, will be running May 25 - 29, which will make it the last PVP of this season.  Characters are usually added to tokens the season after their PVP debut, so I expect that Gamora will be added to tokens next season.
    Got it! Thank you!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bob554 said:
    Tempted to hoard my LTs until Agent Venom is out of the pool. but seeing as he's tentatively listed to leave 24 August i just don't see my patience holding out! I am so bad at hoarding, even in the midst of an iso drought!
    AV is underrated. His powers are cheap and he heals real fast. Just have to make sure you keep track of the AP and team him with the right characters. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bob554 said:
    AV is underrated. His powers are cheap and he heals real fast. Just have to make sure you keep track of the AP and team him with the right characters. 
    I've got 13 covers for AV, but he's only LVL 141. Wasp (LVL 147) and Ghost Rider (LVL 229) are my other 13 cover four-stars, waiting for ISO. I figure sometime around mid August is when they'll all be maxed out.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just champed my AV, impatiently waiting for Gwenpool to leave the tokens so I can spend my hoard. Granted, it's pretty measly at the moment (8 LTs and 280 CP), but my previous best effort was 3 LTs and about 480 CP, and I'm pretty confident I'll get up to at least 400CP by the start of next season....I guess I'll need to save up my ISO too....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for this guide it's awesome!  I'm getting pretty excited based on this.  i've been wanting to go into a major hoard/rebuild phase where I spend time on rebuilding my currently busted 2* farm and champ a bunch of non-vaulted 4*s with 12 & 13 covers but I haven't been able to get off the 12 treadmill.  

I should be champing Iron Fist today and Agent Venon within the next 8 days or so after.  Once that's done i will have all the current 12 champed except Cloak & Dagger, Rocket & Groot, and Gamora.  Based on this I'll have 6 months until Cloak & Dagger will leave and I can finally take that time.  Pretty stoked to get into a better more sustainable pace/place.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    Thanks for this guide it's awesome!  I'm getting pretty excited based on this.  i've been wanting to go into a major hoard/rebuild phase where I spend time on rebuilding my currently busted 2* farm and champ a bunch of non-vaulted 4*s with 12 & 13 covers but I haven't been able to get off the 12 treadmill.  

I should be champing Iron Fist today and Agent Venon within the next 8 days or so after.  Once that's done i will have all the current 12 champed except Cloak & Dagger, Rocket & Groot, and Gamora.  Based on this I'll have 6 months until Cloak & Dagger will leave and I can finally take that time.  Pretty stoked to get into a better more sustainable pace/place.
    Switch AV with Ironheart and we are in the exact same position. Good luck!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

Switch AV with Ironheart and we are in the exact same position. Good luck!
    Thanks.  I was doing some theory crafting on how much I could save up in that time.  Based on my current per day estimates it would be possible to save up 8.2 million ISO (not counting SR bonuses), ~2300 CP, and probably close to 100 LT.  With my current ~1300 CP and 16 LT I'll be pushing the area where I have enough resources to make a run at 13 covering whoever the latest 5*s are.  Not sure I want to do that but it seems like it may be on the table for the first time.
  • spidey329
    spidey329 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @fight4thedream and/or @GrumpySmurf1002
    Can you update the "Tentative Removal Schedule" to reflect current tokens?

Thanks in advance,

spidey329 -Best Academy Cmdr