What's your token/hoarding strategy?

2»

Comments

• I'm a 4-star player with 12 championed 4-stars and two fully covered, but not leveled 4-stars.

Hoarding CP & LTs due to lack of ISO to champion additional 4-stars. Haven't decided if I'm going to try to maintain until I've got ~300 LT pulls sometime in Oct or so to improve my 5-star chances. That feels like a long ways off, and I'm constantly tempted to burn them, despite my lack of ISO to capitalize on any new covers. Maybe they'll do something before then to make classic 5-stars easier to get.

I still get 4-stars from event progressions and other tokens, so my roster continues to progress, just at a slower rate.

Also hoarding tacos for now until I can come closer to clearing a vault. Will wait until I find a useful cover to unleash the hoard.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mostly still 3* player here (first two 4*s are champed now)

Legendaries: Hoarded a lot until Dr 5trange released, then spent my stockpile. Now, I tend to accumulate at least 5-10 pulls, then go for it. Drawing latest legendaries only. Might become more conservative when 4* ISO drain is becoming a problem.

Heroic/Elite/Standard: I see this mainly as fuel for my 2* farm, so I save until I have a decent stash and open them whenever I think it's time to feed it. I guess this is usually at around 200-300 standard, 50-100 elite, 30-50 heroics. Although I rarely open ALL of the tokens because it's such a time drain and I cba to put that much effort into it in 1 go icon_mrgreen.gif

Taco: trying to save up to at least 300, but also opening some randomly now and then. When I've hit 300 I might spend a bit more liberally, and if a 4* cover comes up that I *really* need (for example a 13th cover in a color I can use for a good 4*) I'm ready to spend all if necessary.

Event tokens: Mixed; During new character releases, I open them immediately. Otherwise I will stockpile them unless there's a vault with decent contents.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've hoarded a few different times - usually to max one or more of the "better" characters to not waste covers. Currently I have most the 4*'s maxed....no reason to open since 5*'s and RNG aren't likely to give me much/any progression...so I'm hoarding since start of season (CP/LT only) to max 1-3 more 4*'s. I'll probably start cracking again after I can do that, based on which one(s) I pull the most covers of.

That hoarding is a "thing", much less a thing that -needs- to be inquired about (and I think this is a fair thread, the question is valid) - is a HUGE knock on this game. Covers should definitely be colorless to prevent bad 12th-14th draws, at the very least. I'm still an advocate of champed covers being applied before the character is max leveled - perhaps at the cost of not getting the champ rewards.

Dead draws that don't help your character are a bummer, ones that would help except are the wrong color are even worse.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hoard. You might be familiar with my regular posts on the topic.

I hoard everything from season to season. I generally keep all my tacos until I hit 300 and there's a decent 4* cover in the vault. On some occasions I'll hoard my LT/CP longer. I usually open everything in the off-season.

Hoarding rules.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    level 3 player here. hoarding legendary tokens. using stars for champing level 3 players. after i champed all level 3 cards. will save stars for hoarding for level 5 transition. will skip level 4. i dont care if level 4 is fun to play. i want to be level 5. that way i dont have to worry about points anymore in PVP. there will be enough to go straight to 1200.
    deadpool will only take short time to finish every day.

also i hope by the time i can go to level 5 there will be more options for which level 5 cards i can get. still a year and a half to play i guess. we shall see.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Roster
    3 champed 5s, all others rostered
    40 champed 4s, all others rostered
    all champed 3s
    2 * farming

Strategy
    Pull everything ASAP
    Use CP on Classics
    Buy all daily 100 HP token deals

I will sometimes delay opening LTs if I have two 4* in the queue already, although I currently have a 96.85% chance of being able to apply whatever I get.
    I only have one 5* cover in classics that I can't use.

I almost always have a 4* in my queue, and opening all the tokens helps me get shield levels faster to champ them before expiration.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I only hoard Tacos and event tokens. I always leave one for PvP and PvE events. I still have like 3 different versions of Venom Bomb tokens.

I start hoarding vault tokens of any sort once I get a 4*. There's usually 4 4* rewards (1 LL, 3 4* covers), if I get one of those, I start hoarding for next time.

I only open Tacos in serious fashion if I want all 4 of the 4* rewards.

I randomly open Tacos, LL, CL when I want to scratch the lottery itch. I hoard command points as well. I use them randomly for CL, although it's like I'll use some for CL every 3 months.

Overall, I probably have over 200+ tokens unopened. I do this probably for the same reason most people do it, because they never expire, so I am never caught in a circumstance of having to sell covers for isos. I learned early on that losing covers suck, so I basically made a system for myself that I would never lose covers again.

I'm around day 592. I have 1 mil isos saved (because there's no point using them to level unless they are full or if I need them to clear Crash of the Titans). I almost always have 1000 hero points saved up so I can slot a new 4*. I'm only at 720-ish command points after using a ton to get 5* Thanos vault and to prompt Hulkbuster, Jean Grey, and Thing so I can champion them and not lose a cover. I have never spend any $$$ on this game.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until recently my strategy was to hoard until I had enough to champ a character or two and then go on an opening spree. Now that I have over 30 4*s champed I just say eff it and open tokens as I get them. Any I sell are going to be characters I clearly don't care that much about anyway if they've gone this long without me champing them.

My only nagging discomfort with this is that I managed to fully cover OML (only took a year and a half lolz) but don't want to progress to 5* scaling, so I know sooner or later I'm going to pull that cover I have to bite the bullet and sell.

I do keep Tacos in reserve in case I need health packs, though.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I currently have 13 4* characters fully covered, but not championed yet. As of the new DDQ format change, I'm also building a complete set of 2* characters, so:

Legendary Tokens/CP: full hoard mode. It's going to take forever to get all these 4*s done (and I'm in partial hiatus mode due to some RL stuff), so there will be no pulling of anything till that's done.

All other tokens: Currently, I'm pulling everything else. Until the farm gets built (3 are championed, 4 more are fully covered but not championed yet, and the other 6 are between 11 and 4 covers), I'll pull away. Once they're all fully covered, I'll hoard everything else in the few weeks or months it takes to get the farm up and working.
  • burrich
    burrich Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I'm a five star player, so the main thing I care about is pulling as many LTs and Classics as I can. I pull everything as soon as I hit 10,000 ISO. I invest all that I get into my 2,3 and 4 star farms. These farms keep the flow of LTs and CP pretty high and the rate keeps increasing as I champ more 4 stars.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    OML at L405, all other 5* rostered with at least 2 covers, but unleveled.
    32x 4* Champed, all others rostered.
    All 3* Champed.
    Ever rotating 2* Farm.

At times past, I hoarded various tokens/CP, but after about 4-6wks I'd get bored, and open my stash. Since my last Opening earlier this month, I've just said to heck with hoarding... I've just been opening everything and buying C-LT as soon as I get 20CP. I've had to sell ~4x 6th 4* cover, but >shrug< I don't care. I enjoy opening... And it keeps the XP and other covers flowing to keep my SCL and champ prizes incoming so I can get my in-queue 4*s champed (currently working on C4ge to be Champ #33).

Maybe some day when I'm ready to seriously tackle 5*s I'll seriously consider hoarding again...