PVE "Mirror Matches"

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't know if this has been discussed. But I noticed that characters are no longer getting "locked out" when you go up against them in PVE.

Before in DDQ, gauntlet, etc. if you were matched up against say, Ares, you couldn't use him yourself. Now, there seem to be no such restrictions. I'm torn because I like when characters are locked forcing you to be more creative with your teams.

Anyways was this ever announced or discussed or was it a stealth change?

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know if this has been discussed. But I noticed that characters are no longer getting "locked out" when you go up against them in PVE.

Before in DDQ, gauntlet, etc. if you were matched up against say, Ares, you couldn't use him yourself. Now, there seem to be no such restrictions. I'm torn because I like when characters are locked forcing you to be more creative with your teams.

Anyways was this ever announced or discussed or was it a stealth change?

It was announced a couple months ago.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome to the party, pal.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah okay. I took a hiatus from the game for a bit so it must've happened then. I remember reading people recently saying in DDQ you might need more than three 2* in case of a mirror match. So I wasn't sure. Appreciate it guys.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found it amusing that one of the Blade-required nodes in the Gauntlet has Blade on the other team. "You will play mirror matches and LIKE IT."
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    I found it amusing that one of the Blade-required nodes in the Gauntlet has Blade on the other team. "You will play mirror matches and LIKE IT."

I think one of the Bullseye nodes did as well.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe those nodes were meant to remind people of the change?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    You give the devs too much credit.

The change was made so they can go 100% autopilot on the boosted list instead of 95% to check for required chars.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    You give the devs too much credit.

The change was made so they can go 100% autopilot on the boosted list instead of 95% to check for required chars.

Or maybe another quality of life change so I can play with whoever I want and play with my favourite characters
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else that sometimes picks the exact opposite team just for fun? It doesn't always make sense, but still...

One place that the lockout change really helps (I find) is in some of the matches against the Hood. He's such a pain to fight sometimes when he's boosted, and when you're able to mirror the AP steal right back at him it really evens out.