We heart you prizes

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e78.html

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - No one knows Nanny & the Professor, you made it up Craig
    - Both of these shows are why TV was so terrible back then
    - I think Kevin Smith needs to stop doing...whatever it is he's doing
    - The Red Hulk and Miles Crashes, even with the change of Miles's opponent, were no problem when champed
    - The only person who likes the Gauntlet is AngrySalad and he's terrible
    - I can only hope they start naming future seasons after Paul Verhoeven films
    - Did Ian just turn the tables on Craig re: comic knowledge?
    - I think Lucifer was already mid-season so tougher to get into, Legion I can add to the list
    - X-Men certainly started as a Saturday morning special, but once it had enough episodes under it's belt, it went to weekly syndication as well, but we're into the mid 90's by that point
    - I still have Craig pencilled in to appear on Longbox Heroes to talk that Suicide Squad/Banana Splits one shot
    - My Drax is champed, level 273 4/4/5...uhm...he's OK? He's champed because gotta catch 'em all
    - I just sold two blue Wasps (3/5/4) today that were dead as of tonight. I still have two Spider-Womans, one expiring tomorrow night, the other Monday, that I just need 50,000 ISO to champ
    - My reward of the week was TWO Bag-Man covers, putting him now at level 116
    - I think I'm the only one who misses Dadstractions
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    For Drax I have 13 covers for him but not champed. You can use him as a black red user at 5,3,5. He actually works well with star lord against goons where you can get lots of yellow CD tiles out making his red cheaper and black more powerful. You use red on a full health character and black for the big damage. His issue is he is expensive and his purple is powerful but ends the turn. Also he needs an ally to activate his purple CD otherwise it is just extra damage for his black
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    For those who didn't know, the vocabulary word for the week is...

Schadenfreude
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    WKRP in Cincinnati reference! That would be one I would binge on again if it popped on Netflix but I’m sure it’s tied up in legal hell over all the music rights. That Thanksgiving episode was a classic, and I think its on youtube if you’ve never seen it.

I have heard of the Ghost & Mrs Muir, mostly as a punchline in other things.

Drax is actually next on my list once I get done champing 4* Luke Cage. I’ve got two R&G covers sitting in my queue to give me as more time to get there before I claim that champ reward for his cover. But I don’t expect him to get much play, as powers that ends turns never do for me. Still, I like Drax, it will be nice to have him done and try out with Starlord though that red is a conflict.

Normally Gauntlet takes me 2-4 days to reach that 4* cover reward, but it only took me 5- 6 hours this time (and there were already a dozen ahead of me when I go there). I think the no character restrictions is going to shorten a lot of players time on the Gauntlet this time, or at least relative to their previous runs. Also, Peggy makes everything better.

Count me in for the Turkish Delight PVP Season, LFChikarason.

Spider-Gwen is probably going to die on my vine. I want her more than Drax, but I don’t have time to champ her and 4* Cage before their covers expire (2* farm is drying up). Drax gets saved because of the R&G covers above.

Reward of the week was a purple 5* Black Widow (now 2/5/3). I’m using all my CP and LT’s until she moves to Classic’s, then start hoarding.

Oh and LEGION has been pretty good so far. I don't think you need to read any of the existing comics on him (though they're not bad in most cases) to get into the show. They seem to be doing their own thing with that toy box.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    The clue for next week's mystery guest. Could it mean... Dazzler?
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Tatercat wrote:
    WKRP in Cincinnati reference! That would be one I would binge on again if it popped on Netflix but I’m sure it’s tied up in legal hell over all the music rights. That Thanksgiving episode was a classic, and I think its on youtube if you’ve never seen it.

They managed to secure almost all of the music rights for a 2014 DVD release: http://ew.com/article/2014/09/15/wkrp-i ... oundtrack/

The show is currently available for streaming on Hulu and rental/purchase on Amazon.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    With each passing episode my rage fueled hatred of Craig and his distain for quality things such as The Force awakens, 4* Cyclops, and now stranger things? If this keeps up within the next 3 episodes my rage will burn with the intensity of 1000 sun's and chronos will have no choice but to harvest it to create another Drax-ian killing machine.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --Captain Marvel (Billy) is Earth's Mightiest Mortal (not "strongest"). Now I want DCPQ even more. I'd love to have a Billy Batson similar to Bruce Banner where he starts human and becomes superpower'd.
    --The new Deadpool Daily Quest! I love it. More rewards and I'm now rewarded for having every 2-, 3-, and 4-star character by being able to do Behemoth Burrito everyday. Today, day one, I did Behemoth Burrito first and then Crash of the Titans. My reward for Crash? A red Sam Wilson cover that would've made Behemoth Burrito easier.
    --The new version of The Big Enchilada was over so fast. Maybe this will cut down on the whining from those who thought it took too long. I never had that problem since I actually enjoy playing the game instead of looking at it like a burden.
    --We're in a line of Crash of the Titans weeks where I'll be winning them all enough because the required characters are either already Champion'd or close enough to that where I can still win.
    --3-star Hulk only makes one Anger tile for each hit he takes of the appropriate damage. Unless you use multiple powers and/or cause a cascade, he's not likely to put down multiple countdown tiles.
    --"Strange Sightings" was a lot of fun again. Kaecilius was a lot more difficult. My winning team each three days was Patch, Elektra, and Loki.
    --I wasn't worried about "The Gauntlet." I beat it last time so I knew I could again--and did. It's actually kind of relaxing for me. I don't need to grind while it's going on.
    --"Never Say Never Again" was the first Bond movie I saw in a theater. My dad took me. The building we saw it in is now a bakery.
    --Magik's Hell-like realm is called Limbo. Her "magic" sword is her Soulsword, made from an actual piece of her soul.
    --I'm super excited about Phil Coulson being added to the game. He's been one of my requests when they poll us. I like the preview of his powers, too.
    --Walt changing someone for those "Captain Planet" comics is a good example of why I don't watch "Comic Book Men" anymore. Walt just is not a nice guy. Of the four main guys, the only one I like is Mike and that's not enough reason to keep watching.
    --Drax is underwhelming. The new Phil Coulson will be good to play with Drax since Phil puts out a lot of countdown tiles.
    --My reward of the week was two Bag-Man covers during a single Lightning Round. I hadn't received any in about three months.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    If I remember correctly, Never Say Never Again was a remake of Thunderball. Supposedly, there was quite a bit of friction between Connery and (I think) one of the producers, maybe Broccoli(part of why there was a different actor for On Her Majesty's Secret Service). NSNA was done outside of the umbrella of United Artists/MGM. This is also why Connery was the only repeat actor in the whole film. M, Q, Moneypenny, Felix Lighter, all were played by different actors.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Never Say Never Again was actually my first Sean Connery Bond movie. I grew up on the Roger Moore era and remember being baffled by this dude pretending to be Bond. (My parents had a birds and bees talk with me on how the Bond movies worked. ) But Connery won me over by the point he killed a man with his own urine sample. And that Barbara Carrera… oooh Fatima made me blush. (leading to another talk with the parents). I do prefer this to Thunderball actually.

That summer was the battle of the Bonds actually, Connery in this one and Roger Moore in Octopussy later that summer. Moore won that Crash in overall box office, though not by much I think.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    JablesMc wrote:
    For those who didn't know, the vocabulary word for the week is...

Schadenfreude

This my word every week. Bonus points if you pronounce it correctly in German.