Day's Undoing casting failure [Fixed]

buscemi
buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
I've been playing Day's Undoing without any problems for months.

This morning, however, it failed to three times. I clicked on the 'Confirm' box to confirm I wanted to cast the spell, and it did not cast; it sat in my hand full of mana, and the game continued. The fourth time I tried to cast it, it cast as normal. Nearly cost me my game!

This happened on level 3.3 in Fateful Showdown. I'm wondering if perhaps it was related to the fact that my opponent had a big cascade and had cast all his cards, and so no longer had any cards in hand when I tried to cast it? Unfortunately I did not think of this theory until later, so I am unable to confirm the number of cards in my opponent's hand on each attempt.

[edit]thread title changed

Comments

• buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    From this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57380&start=40#p634159
    The Day's Undoing bug has always been there. It fails to cast when it's the only card in your hand and the opponent has no cards in hand. It will still go through with the pop-up prompt but it will not cast, like Anguished Unmaking without valid targets.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    I've had it happen exactly as described in OP, but in normal games. Don't remember exact circumstances, but could have been only card in either hand.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is now under investigation.
    Thank you for the feedback!