The "exciting new game feature"

Options
HaywireII
HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I keep seeing people talking about this with sentiments like "when is it coming" or "we want it now". Is there confirmation anywhere that unlocking rosters for heroics wasn't the new feature? I'm wondering if people are getting worked up over something that is already here (and that some of them don't like).

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure the next game feature will end up being one of the two features that they surveyed in December. Maybe even both of them.

To the best of my knowledge, anything that has appeared in a survey has eventually made its way in game. So really it's a matter of how they took those results, and how long either takes to develop with a staff mostly dedicated to new characters rather than new content.

So I'd put it at less than 1% that the change to Heroics is the big thing they were eluding to.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for that, I had already forgotten about that survey. And I already can't remember what the features were. Was there some sort of Farmville-ish thing where you set your characters to do something while you aren't playing?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be nice to have confirmed either way, whether it's a recent change or something brand new that's still on the horizon. Can a Red or Green confirm?

Was it one of these recent changes that he was talking about?

* All characters and TUs available in PVE, even fighting against the same character, like in PVP
    * All characters available in Heroic PVE
    * More SHIELD Intercepts available

A few other recent things happened, I can't remember.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't honestly say that wasn't the new feature they promised, but we all got a pop up a month or so ago in the game, right? Mine was about alliance vs. alliance wars. Other people in my alliance got a pop-up about sending your unused characters to do "secret side missions" while you weren't using them, most likely for some small rewards. I also read something about "bonus characters" on the forum, but I won't hold my breath on that feature.

All-in-all, until someone official comes out and says "we will be giving you feature X in the next update", I don't even believe there really IS a cool new feature on the horizon. I may be overly pessimistic, but I don't trust the developers right now, especially when it comes to helping out the players.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My problem with the "exciting new feature" teases is that they never clarify what it is even once it's released. There's never a clear indication of "Hey, remember that cool new feature we promised 6 months back? This is it!" So to me it always seems like they're just trying to throw a bone out there to placate the frothing masses while they dork around trying to fix all the stuff they broke with the previous patch.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They removed the restriction in heroic... Excited???
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can't wait for the new feature. You'll be able to use a combination of Iso, CP and HP to purchase iconic Marvel locations that give boosts in battle and other bonuses outside of battle!

- X-Mansion: +10% Power Damage for all Mutants
    - Savage Land: -20% Power Damage against Mutant enemy
    - Stark Tower: +1 AP in 3 random colors at the start of battle for each Avenger on team
    - Baxter Building: +25% healing for Fantastic Four members
    - Daily Bugle: Additional 1-turn Stun for all Spider-man stun powers (except Bagman, he's F4)
    - Fisk Tower: -1 turn for each CD tile power
    - Sanctum Sanctorum: 25% chance to pull an additional bonus character from tokens
    - SHIELD Headquarters: 5% additional Iso earned per reward

You can also send out characters to "mine" special resources to help "build" these locations. My only concern is, members of an enemy alliances can enter your territory and destroy it so you have to use your characters to protect your alliance's territory.

*Adding disclaimer that this is player-generated content, and not official information
    -Brigby

Yes what he said above. I was kidding icon_lol.gif
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    Thanks for that, I had already forgotten about that survey. And I already can't remember what the features were. Was there some sort of Farmville-ish thing where you set your characters to do something while you aren't playing?

I hope that's the case. 118 roster slots, and I barely use a dozen on any given week. If I can send them off to gather Iso, they'll have a purpose beyond essentials and DDQ.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    * All characters and TUs available in PVE, even fighting against the same character, like in PVP

That's happening in the current heroic. The essential Ares node has Ares as an opponent. It's not an option, though, so maybe that's just an anomaly.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As usual, I haven't seen any official statement, and don't anticipate there will be any.

Personally, I find the best source of info is the current build's bugs. Example:. Invisibility gets broken, Agent Venom with a new invisibility mechanic is then released. That's why 117s bugs with respec costs charging purple CP incorrectly is intriguing. Why are they messing with that? (Fingers crossed for colorless.)
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure if they realized quite how much we'd read into that hint (or how desperate we were for a new feature).

By the time this feature goes live, whatever it is, the tease-to-execution timeframe might be longer than the CMags Nerf of Damocles was dangled over his head.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't wait for the new feature. You'll be able to use a combination of Iso, CP and HP to purchase iconic Marvel locations that give boosts in battle and other bonuses outside of battle!

- Stark Tower: +1 AP in 3 random colors at the start of battle for each Avenger on team
    - Daily Bugle: Additional 1-turn Stun for all Spider-man powers (except Bagman, he's F4)
    - Sanctum Sanctorum: 25% chance to pull an additional bonus character from tokens

You can also send out characters to "mine" special resources to help "build" these locations. My only concern is, members of an enemy alliances can enter your territory and destroy it so you have to use your characters to protect your alliance's territory.

As much as this sounds like you might be sattirising or something...it actually sounds kinda cool.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whatever they are planning i would like to see it announced... like championing and shield level system. I hate when we get a poll and then nothing icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny wrote:
    Whatever they are planning i would like to see it announced... like championing and shield level system. I hate when we get a poll and then nothing icon_e_biggrin.gif

What do you mean "nothing"?! We're getting Riri tomorrow! icon_lol.gif
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options

- Daily Bugle: Additional 1-turn Stun for all Spider-man powers (except Bagman, he's F4)

That sounds awful.
  • veny
    Options
    veny wrote:

What do you mean "nothing"?! We're getting Riri tomorrow! icon_lol.gif
    She was not related to that poll. By "nothing" i mean some info about new features, how it will work etc.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,222 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    they are putting a shirt on the hulk
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options

I've been staring at this for a solid minute. It sounds like ****, but it's also more plausible than most things that get thrown around here. So kudos if you pulled this out of your butt.
  • veny
    Options

Concept looks nice (sending heroes to mine resources for base upgrades that add passive bonuses) but realisation is pretty weird. What is a source of your info? This seems as a pure speculation to me.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ITT, a lot of people who over-analyse amusing posts.