XForce Woolverine's Recovery hits even when stunned [Solved]

an1979
an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
X-Force Woolverine's Recovery CD when destroyed procs even when he is stunned.

Ex. Current PvP with Daredevil. DD's BillyClub stunned XWolverine and when I destroyed Wolverine's CD (by match 3) I got hit...

New bug?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty standard. Countdown tiles don't countdown or expire while their owners are stunned but still trigger on-match effects.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    XF Wolverine, Daredevil, and Medusa are all examples of characters whose powers will still trigger like that even when they are stunned. DD's Ambush trap will still hit you if you match it when he is stunned.

There doesn't seem to be complete consistency with how it works across all characters, but this is expected behavior for him. Wolverine's yellow has always behaved that way.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for clarification.

Silly IMHO.

I understand traps behaving in such way. Like caltrops - Kishu being stunned or not shouldn't affect them.

But CDs? Especially X-Wolverine's where it is him smashing the board.

There should be a note "this power works even when character is stunned" like 5* JGrey has.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well the CD doesn't count down when he's stunned, so that's not strictly true.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Effectively, there's a class of countdown tiles that *also* have trap effects when matched. 4* Wolverine's Recovery, Winter Soldier's blue (and red?), 4* Deadpool's purple, etc. Like all other trap abilities, regardless of how the flavor text or animation depicts them working, they are not stopped by their owner being stunned.

If they were a separate passive ability triggered by a tile being matched away -- such as Mr. Fantastic's yellow healing or Medusa's yellow effects, that would be blocked by a stun, as passives normally are.