New Story Content

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Why is there no new story content? My original experience with this game was story and I enjoyed it greatly. BFZ story was challenging and continues to be a proving ground for deck construction.

Can we please get more story content in the next release? I'd like to see something for SOI/EMN, Heroic Encounters for all the new Planeswalkers, and a story for KLD.

@hibernum_will @hibernum_jc what do you think?

Comments

• qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, and why has never yet been an answer on Deck slots? Even an answer of we're never going to do it would at least be an answer. We've gotten nothing.
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    But to add, have there actually be a story story. Not a your fighting battles, here you go. It doesn't need to be even in a comic type Style. Even just in the loading screens they could tell the story instead here is the person you are fighting, here is a quote from them. Or information about them. No, an actual story to the story mode
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    qwweetrtr wrote:
    Yeah, and why has never yet been an answer on Deck slots? Even an answer of we're never going to do it would at least be an answer. We've gotten nothing.
    Well, there has been:
    Please let me save multiple decks for each of my planeswalkers!
      This is something the team has wanted to add to the game for a long time. We’re currently working on some interesting ideas for this, but the feature is still very early on in development.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How loud do we have to shout??

If shteev can ask for less than objectives and you change ALL of the events based on ONE PERSON'S opinion, why can't you listen to the masses of people who are begging for more story content.

This game is getting boring. Eight hour recharges on events are BORING, lack of coalition events is BORING. The change in NOP is BORING. Most people have completed all of the story nodes and all we have to do is grind QB -- which has become so competitive that we can really only use one PW, so it's BORING.

We WANT new content, we NEED new content.

Can you hear us now?
  • bk1234
    Options
    qwweetrtr wrote:

Wrong thread.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

If shteev can ask for less than objectives and you change ALL of the events based on ONE PERSON'S opinion, why can't you listen to the masses of people who are begging for more story content.

This game is getting boring. Eight hour recharges on events are BORING, lack of coalition events is BORING. The change in NOP is BORING. Most people have completed all of the story nodes and all we have to do is grind QB -- which has become so competitive that we can really only use one PW, so it's BORING.

Can you hear us now?

Conspiracy theories and whining. Is it so hard to ask developers of a game for something in a positive way? I mean, we have at least one event a day right now and you are bored.

"Hey guys, I know it's not your priority right now, but we really love the story part of the game and we'd love to have more." Wouldn't that be more motivating for anyone working on this game?
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Conspiracy theories and whining. Is it so hard to ask developers of a game for something in a positive way? I mean, we have at least one event a day right now and you are bored.

"Hey guys, I know it's not your priority right now, but we really love the story part of the game and we'd love to have more." Wouldn't that be more motivating for anyone working on this game?

Constant negativity. When providing feedback on our feedback, is it so hard to do it in a positive way?

"Hey, guys, I appreciate you feel badly let down by the game, but come on, don't you think the experience is largely a positive one overall?" Wouldn't that be more motivating for anyone providing feedback for this game?
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    buscemi wrote:

Constant negativity. When providing feedback on our feedback, is it so hard to do it in a positive way?

"Hey, guys, I appreciate you feel badly let down by the game, but come on, don't you think the experience is largely a positive one overall?" Wouldn't that be more motivating for anyone providing feedback for this game?

Touché, I guess.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd love more story mode. As Grizzo said, the Bfz story still remains challenging and fun to play. I'd love to see more to do in my downtime besides randomly grinding QB.
  • Justyce
    Justyce Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I actually enjoy the game more than ever now with the new changes. Slowing down the collection of mythics is also better. I feel it's appropriate that the best cards should not be easily obtainable by the top 10 coalitions.

It's now a game where I enjoy playing and keep coming back instead of a terrible daily grind where it used to feel more like work.

Things I would want to see are card restrictions on expansion specific events like kaladesh events can only have origins and kaladesh cards. Mythic limitations in a deck. Boost AI decks in events, make them all start at lv 120 in gold and plat tiers. we all know the AI is too easy and I would prefer a challenge than lose to an Ai that lucked out against me. If I go into every battle thinking I would lose, the win would be more satisfying. Right now I feel like every battle I am expecting to win and every loss is unsatisfying.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Justyce wrote:
    I actually enjoy the game more than ever now with the new changes. Slowing down the collection of mythics is also better. I feel it's appropriate that the best cards should not be easily obtainable by the top 10 coalitions.

Well, they're still easily obtainable, it's just the rate of attainment is slower.
  • MBonott0
    MBonott0 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm asking about SoI story mode since october, I think.

I've finnished ORI and BFZ months ago, and now all this game can offer is QB and events.

Pretty boring.
  • Ragereaver
    Options
    I'd love Shadows and Kaldesh chapters, I felt so mislead when I saw Saheeli in the continue your story tab at the activity hub.
  • bk1234
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

Can you hear us now?

If you had done your research you would see that I and many others have done quite a few positive posts encouraging more Story Mode. Forgive me if I'm a bit jaded. Deaf ears and all.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

Can you hear us now?

I used to think like you. Stick around.
  • KoneIV
    KoneIV Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is new story content even on the cards. It would be nice if there was a story mode for each card set as they each have unique playing styles and it would be helpful if we could test our theories with our decks in our own time before we have to get it right for the events. And where is the heroic battles for rest of the plainswalkers, I can see the dual colour walkers being a real challenge that will take some very original deck building