Black Suit Spidey and Invisibility (merged) [Devs Aware]

xidragonxi
xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
Was just trying to figure out a good combo with new 4* Venom (Agent Venom), and decided to try Black Suit Spider-Man. I figured BSS would benefit from Venom making him invisible.

BSS Blue power states: "If Spider-Man is invisible, he deals 3182 damage to the target. Otherwise, he stuns the target for 1 turn and deals 1617 damage." (my BSS is 5/3/2, level 300)

In a match, I used Venom's yellow to turn Spider-Man invisible, then used Spider-Man's blue. It only did the base 1617 damage, not the bonus. Seems like a bug.

Comments

• Lycurgus
    Lycurgus Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Weird. I've been using that combo without issues all day.

Or, at least, I would be if I could get enough Yellow AP to fire Venom's power before killing everybody. . . .

But I've definitely used it multiple times successfully. First time I ever saw the full animation for BSS's Blue power.
  • Etims
    Etims Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
     I used Invisible woman to turn my Black Suit Spidey invisible. Spidey should have done a strong attack but instead he only stunned the enemy and did small damage as though he wasn't invisible. 

The wording suggests it doesn't matter how he turns invisible but the game is playing as though someone must be stunned.

Intended?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume you're talking about Taek-web-do?

(Can't check this, my BSSM only has 1 green cover)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    No, it's not intended:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/676854

[Moderator edit: the above linked post is not on this specific behavior, although it does look related.  This specific behavior (increased damage for 5* Spider-Man not functioning when invisibility is from another character's power) is a new issue AFAIK and deserves to have this separate thread.]
  • UchihaSage
    UchihaSage Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I have used Invisible woman multiple times paired with black suit spidey, only to repeatedly discover that her invisibility tile does not work on spider-man. Why can she activate characters like 5 star Black Panther's "move or be moved" by turning him invisible, but not spidey's damage increase for his blue ability by being invisible?  This has to be a bug....
  • Rastagar
    Rastagar Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Hitting the same issue on iOS. Black suit spidey does not go invisible by agent venom. You can see the other Ally change appearance to invisible and see the invisible icon in the info screen. But not on spidey. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Merged two threads on this.]
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Guys, looks like this problem is a known issue right now. For some reason, Spider-Man (Back in Black) is not turning invisible through other character's powers (i.e.: Invisible Woman (Classic)'s Grant Invisibility (Yellow) power or Venom (Agent Venom)'s Take Cover (Yellow) power).

The developers have been made aware of the issue, and we will need to be patient until they can resolve it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably BSSM's "Is the enemy stunned?" check is firing and removing his invisibility immediately after he acquires it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like this behavior changed, from BSS going invisible from ally powers but not doing extra damage, to BSS not going invisible at all except from his passive... possibly someone tried to fix the first problem and created a new one, or possibly the damage bug is now hiding behind this new behavior.