Emrakul's Corruption is not fun at all

Options
124»

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't understand how you manage to take 30 minutes to play a single game; all of my decks that I use in the event finish games in 5 minutes or so, occasionally 10 minutes against an annoying control deck.

Congratulations!
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's good to know that these hypothesized people who aren't competitive, and who just ignore (or partially ignore) the secondary objectives, and who don't care that much about not winning, really do exist. We thought you did, and you probably really are the majority of players even though you're a minority of active forum posters.

But why the need to denigrate people for wanting to do what needs to be done to win a competitive event with rewards tied to the ranking? The fact that so many people just don't even bother with the objectives is simply more evidence that they're painful. What people then choose to do in the face of that situation is up to them.

The point of the thread is that what you need to do to win is painful, and that's a problem with the design of the event and that's what the devs should be interested in. Telling people they shouldn't play or shouldn't try as hard is missing the point.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I find Emrakul event too easy.

I have scored perfect twice out of 4 events, the other 2 dropping 1 game each because of a surprise early event start/server issue and testing my new pw (Sarkan) in this event.

There were also 6 perfect scorers in the last event in Platinum, including me, and I suspect many just decide not to continue playing.

It's time for Hiberium to up the ante:
    summon 13 eldrazi + 13 vampires / 13 ww /13 zombies for secondary objectives.

It's an EMRAKUL event. Feel the Power of 13. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    I find Emrakul event too easy.

I have scored perfect twice out of 4 events, the other 2 dropping 1 game each because of a surprise early event start/server issue and testing my new pw (Sarkan) in this event.

There were also 6 perfect scorers in the last event in Platinum, including me, and I suspect many just decide not to continue playing.

It's time for Hiberium to up the ante:
    summon 13 eldrazi + 13 vampires / 13 ww /13 zombies for secondary objectives.

It's an EMRAKUL event. Feel the Power of 13. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Eldrazi scions are cheating. 8/8 and above only.
  • alextfish
    Options
    I enjoy playing Emrakul's Corruption. It's the same as every other event for me: try to play it enough to get the various rewards as I play. If I finish the list of rewards, great! If I don't, oh well, I still had fun playing. I don't understand how you manage to take 30 minutes to play a single game; all of my decks that I use in the event finish games in 5 minutes or so, occasionally 10 minutes against an annoying control deck.

If you aren't having fun playing a game, then why keep playing it?
    Exactly the same here. I didn't mind Emrakul's Corruption at all. I can usually just about manage to get through all the progression rewards for an event. I do try for both secondaries, and usually hit them both, without needing to stall much. (It helps that I own Drowner of Hope, and it helps very much indeed that I'm in gold not platinum.) Kiora's 2nd is great for pulling out the 5th and 6th Werewolf, and Jace2 (the only IAP I've ever made) just gets both objectives without trying.

But it is liberating to know that I don't care about losing a game to the occasional mythic-stuffed deck, or crash, or whatever, and to know I can just win a game for 6 ribbons rather than durdling for the 7th if the cards aren't showing up. The times when I tried really hard to get max score in an event, I felt rather more stressed (though I did win Saheeli on the second opportunity). Why play a game that makes you stressed? The point in games is to relax and have fun. If I find the game getting me stressed, I'll move on and play a different game.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    commandpointsbig.pngCan we all please try to keep it civil. You never know who might be reading these posts. There are children that are members of this forum. And you never know when the developers themselves might be stopping by to see how things are going. Constant name calling with rude and impolite posts will not help the situation in any way.

So, please, keep your posts civil and polite.

Thank you
    Danger.

commandpointsbig.png
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The developers to chime in on ANYTHING is pretty much what everyone wants. They haven't said anything about peoples concerns over the objectives in EC. They haven't said anything about why the pairings have people playing the same users over and over again. They haven't talked about the issue of being paired up against PW's that are not eligible for the events. There are numerous other issues with not so much as "We're looking at that". So maybe a bit of developer attention is part of what people are looking for when they get rude or abusive.