* Black Widow (Modern) *

Unknown
edited August 2015 in Character Details
icon_blackwidow.pngBlack Widow (Modern) - 1*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Aggressive Recon
Power Cost - 10 purpletile.png

Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent’s secrets, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.

Power Level 1 - Steals 2 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png and greentile.png.
    Power Level 2 - Steals 3 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png and greentile.png. Costs 2 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 3 - Also steals blacktile.png. Costs 1 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 4 - Steals 4 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png, greentile.png and blacktile.png. Costs 2 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 5 - Also steals purpletile.png. Costs 1 purpletile.png more.

Widow’s Sting
    Power Cost - 9 bluetile.png

A dart from Black Widow's bracelets strikes the target and releases an electrical charge.

Power Level 1 - Stuns the target for 2 turns.
      Power Level 2 - Stuns for 3 turns.
      Power Level 3 - Stuns for 4 turns.
      Power Level 4 - Stuns for 5 turns.
      Power Level 5 - Also stuns other enemies for 1 turn.

Last Major Update: 2013

Original Post:
      [anchor=blackwidow1]Black Widow (Modern)[/anchor]
      1 Star Rarity (Common) Discussion link
      At Max Level: HP: 1540 Tile damage: 19/7/22/25/6/7
        Aggressive Recon - Purple 10 AP
        Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent’s secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Steals 3 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 3: Also steals Black AP. Costs 1 AP more. Level 4: Steals 4 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 5: Also steals Purple AP. Costs 1 AP more.
          Widow’s Sting - Blue 9 AP
          A dart from Black Widow's bracelets strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, stunning them for 2 turns.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns. Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns. Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns. Level 5: Also stuns other enemies for 1 turn.

Original Post:
          Archjojo wrote:
          16-10-13+-+116-10-13+-+1

Black Widow, Modern - Common Character

10 - AP aggressive Recon - at lv 5: Steals 3 AP, Cost +2 AP

Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent's secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.

I don't use her but this skill can be pesky and I guess usefull. Only steals AP. No damage.

9 AP - Widow's Sting
          - at lvl 5: Stuns for 3 turns

A dart from Black Widow's bracelets strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, stunning them for 2 turns.

Like the other skill. Irritating not damaging. You can use stun in PVE to keep opponnents from putting down counters. I should have known that sooner.

Comments

• Black Widow's three powerful colors are purple, blue, and yellow.

I made the mistake of thinking black would be one of those colors when I went to level her, so don't make the same mistake!
          • NorthernPolarity
            NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
            So I'm writing up a comprehensive guide for the newbies, and I was wondering what you guys think the optimal build for MBW is. (http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ow_(Modern) for reference) I didn't notice this as a lowbie, but aggressive recon's level 4/5 seem pretty horrible, by the same logic as why 4/5 purple on OBW is mediocre. I'm having trouble deciding between 2/5 and 3/5 for her: 2/5 makes it 12AP, and i'm not sure if the +1AP from the 3/5 is worth her stealing black (which I'm guessing would be used to fuel M. Storm's black at that point?)
          • Level 2 is probably best. There's not really any useful black abilities until 3* characters (Only Bullseye and Moonstone at 2*, Venom and M.storm at 1*).

M.Storm shouldn't need the black steal, M.Storms red and green abilities should cause enough cascading to get enough black to fire off hailstorm.
          • Yeah agree with 2

mod black widow is great cos her skills don't scale with levels so you can actually have a non maxxed out character as a viable build.
          • bookmarked
          • Can someone tell me her health points at level 25? I built one as 2/5. She goes up to level 25. I'm trying to figure if it's better I level her or not. At level 1 she probably won't be exposed to enemy attack ever as everybody will tank for her but should die to any AoE.
          • Depending on what you are fighting, she dies at 25 to AoE also.

Long term the only reason to keep her will be Combined Arms, and that event will boost her 100 levels, so level 1 is solid. Keep your iso for star.pngstar.png leveling.
          • Depending on what you are fighting, she dies at 25 to AoE also.

Long term the only reason to keep her will be Combined Arms, and that event will boost her 100 levels, so level 1 is solid. Keep your iso for star.pngstar.png leveling.
          • wymtime
            wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
            KevinMark wrote:
            Can someone tell me her health points at level 25? I built one as 2/5. She goes up to level 25. I'm trying to figure if it's better I level her or not. At level 1 she probably won't be exposed to enemy attack ever as everybody will tank for her but should die to any AoE.

One reason to keep her is for alliance TU. I have a 0,5 MBW I give out as TU so people can get her great stun. Some alliances require a slot devoted to her. She is not worth much as a character to play but as a TU her blue is awsome.
          • vudu3
            vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
            Great job not answering the question guys.
            KevinMark wrote:
            Can someone tell me her health points at level 25?

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ow_(Modern)
            Lerysh wrote:
            Keep your iso for star.pngstar.png leveling.
            It costs 7920 ISO to bring her to level 25. That's not insignificant but it's not exactly hard to get either. You can earn that from beating up seed teams in 4 Lightning Rounds. If you see value in MBW then go ahead and dump some ISO into her.
          • vudu3 wrote:
            Great job not answering the question guys.
            KevinMark wrote:
            Can someone tell me her health points at level 25?

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ow_(Modern)
            Lerysh wrote:
            Keep your iso for star.pngstar.png leveling.
            It costs 7920 ISO to bring her to level 25. That's not insignificant but it's not exactly hard to get either. You can earn that from beating up seed teams in 4 Lightning Rounds. If you see value in MBW then go ahead and dump some ISO into her.
            Tomorrow I'll check if she can still be hidden after I level her to 25.
          • Kolence
            Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
            Lerysh wrote:
            Long term the only reason to keep her will be Combined Arms, and that event will boost her 100 levels, so level 1 is solid.
            There are other reasons to keep her.
            There is a heroic PvE. But yes, for that too level 1 oddly is better because "accelerated" healing.
            The only event where I'd use her regularly, where she doesn't get a free boost of 40 or more levels, would be a Lone Star PvP. Then those 25 levels may come in handy if you have to make a purple match or something and not fear instant KO. It has been awhile since we've had one of those though, they might be a thing of past now with the new CA/BoP format. icon_e_confused.gif
          • KevinMark wrote:
            Tomorrow I'll check if she can still be hidden after I level her to 25.
            At level 25 these are her color strengths: 13y, 5r, 15b, 16p, 5g, 6bk, 10t.

With this and maxed IM35 and MStorm, matching purple gets her in the front.
            With Juggs she is exposed by matching purple, blue and yellow. If MStorm is there too purple and blue. If IM35 is there only purple.

You can hide her by carefully composing your teams but since 1015 is pretty low, I wont level her. I have goons exploding 1000+ AoEs on my face sometimes. In PvP there are much worse AoEs.
          • I found her to be helpful in the Gauntlet when I was dealing with strong enemies with no AOE attacks. While it might make more sense to have her as a TU, it's nice to be able to use Widow's Sting multiple times. My build for her is 2/5. I haven't leveled her so that she isn't exposed on any color.
          • When buffed, she's useful...occasionally. Especially when fighting a buffed Juggernaut that desperately needs to get stunned and restunned over and over. But I feel her purple is way too costly compared to what it does, especially compared to the cost of the 2-star version. So I think I'll actually rebuild her, and 5 blueflag.png is of course a no-brainer but what would be a suitable level for purple? I'm thinking either 2 to keep her ability cheap, or 3 to steal black too. Opinions?
          • AaronTheLuigi
            AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
            Can someone update the OP so Widow's Sting display's it's correct AP Cost? It's 9 bluetile.png , not 10.
          • yogi_
            yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
            Can someone update the OP so Widow's Sting display's it's correct AP Cost? It's 9 bluetile.png , not 10.
            Good catch!