Where's IceIX?

Kelbris
Kelbris Posts: 1,051
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Everybody busy reminiscing while our favorite administrator doesn't seem to be active anymore

I remember when he used to be the Patch Notes guy before he got replaced [snip]

Did we have a funeral? RIP

Moderator edit: I've removed your pointless and judgmental commentary on the Community Manager's username. Don't be that guy. -DayvBang

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ice retired like half a year ago
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Kelbris wrote:
    Everybody busy reminiscing while our favorite administrator doesn't seem to be active anymore

I remember when he used to be the Patch Notes guy before he got replaced by some adult that still has a nickname like he's some sort of pro wrestler YOU CANT SEE ME (if there's backlash from a nerf because we don't post)

I can't make sense of any of this
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris wrote:

I remember when he used to be the Patch Notes guy before he got replaced by some adult that still has a nickname like he's some sort of pro wrestler YOU CANT SEE ME (if there's backlash from a nerf because we don't post)

You're a newbie, you wouldn't understand maaaan

2014 crew represent FITTEDKITCHENS4LIFE
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Op is only ten months late ....
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    It goes to show you that memory is LONG (and longed for?) about more dev information and answers to community questions....
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kelbris wrote:

I remember when he used to be the Patch Notes guy before he got replaced [snip]

• Kelbris
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    It goes to show you that memory is LONG (and longed for?) about more dev information and answers to community questions....

It wasn't exactly about that back in the day. Sure, it was desired, but in the days of yore (before we had alliances) this place was more Players vs The Game. The devs would occasionally change the game, and we would generally just want some explanation for transparency.

We generally got radio silence.

viewtopic.php?t=1480

We had over 600 posts on one thread the first time there was a new scoring system in a big PvE tournament. EVERYONE was working to help each other try and figure out how to maximize points.

(If you're curious, this was the first implementation of "rubber banding;" points per mission were higher if your placement was lower.)

Things were so much more fun before things like secret LINE shield hopping rituals became the meta.

Hell, we didn't even have shields at one point. The last 30 minutes were a bloodbath.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Moderator edit: I've removed your pointless

That's offensive. Is Puritas still a mod? I'm telling.
  • Kelbris
    firethorne wrote:

Had a good send off. I met him at PAX East 2014 after I'd been on the forum for a few months. (Someone else from Demiurge came up to me and offered to explain how to play while I was fixing the demo teams to not be terrible. It was a good time.)

He's a good dude and we always appreciated having someone around that understood both the developers side and players side. Can't exactly remember what alliance he was in (because FittedKitchens was an original top 5 alliance and we were too busy winning :D), but he was liked enough to be in a pretty good one.

He was too good for this forum.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    its kind of weird that IceIX's account is still flagged as administrator and active. Maybe they think hes going to come back? does anyone else think its weird that he hasn't posted even once since he left. do you think he quit playing mpq to?
  • Funny you mentioned him. I actually miss IceIX. He was on line app alot, in chat rooms, would listen to what us players had to say and actually played the game. Not trying to be negative but ever since Ice got X out, things changed. Pretty cool guy, would join group chats and we'd talk about the pros and cons and how this game can improve and would reply or comment a good amount in this forum. Kinda sucks now, seems like our voices are not heard nor get any response to any post that ive seen in recent weeks.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Daiches wrote:
    Ice retired like half a year ago

lol. He most certainly DID NOT "retire".

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ice left D3 and MPQ 10 months ago.

Haven't seen him in-game or in any LINE room ever since.

We used to carry him and his PVP scores in Django for about 15 seasons or so because he was awesome.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    The communication has definitely gone down hill around here since he left.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    its kind of weird that IceIX's account is still flagged as administrator and active. Maybe they think hes going to come back? does anyone else think its weird that he hasn't posted even once since he left. do you think he quit playing mpq to?
    I think that they keep his account as an admin so that his past posts still can be seen as admin posts. If he still plays MPQ or post in the forum now, it would likely be under different name/account. Wouldn't be professional to continue to play or post under his old accounts after leaving the job, since anything he says or do could be confused as coming from an official source.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though he was the one that dropped the "You're Supposed to Lose" bomb on us last year, he was still pretty good at communicating even if it wasn't very eloquently. He had no problem putting some posters in their place.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    We all miss Ice. He was the best.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Kelbris wrote:

It makes even less sense after the mod edit.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, he was a gamer, just like us, and cared a lot. He sometimes posted from home at night or during weekends. Once, he posted while on the plane, returning from a big convention. I'm pretty sure that even if he was appreaciated by D3, he wasn't appreciated nearly enough for all what he did.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    He and I also did a big Q&A on Line where he took live questions from everyone and responded with as much info as possible. We got a lot of positive feedback from that.