**** Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) ****

ErikPeter
ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
edited May 2017 in Character Details
Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)

4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
Level 270: Base HP: 10976 Tile Damage: 11/13/12/85/65/74/3.5x

purpleflagpng'SPLOITS! 9 purpletilepng AP
Looks like you came to the right place! Some helpful nerds compiled a bunch of dev console cheats for you to type in. Way to be, you.
Some of the numbers are missing though. Give it time, pal. Give it time.
You can:
  • Destroy a specific Row/Column and deal 167 damage.
  • Destroy a random Row/Column and deal 602 damage.
  • Remove up to 2 Attack/Protect/Strike tiles and deal 185 damage.
  • Destroy 3 Random tiles and deal 759 damage.
  • Destroy a corner and deal 74 damage (Returns 5 AP)
  • Do something hi-larious... Until you've seen the same one a couple times. Then it's just hi-okay. (Returns 5 AP)

Level Upgrades - Level 270
Specific Row/Column
    Level 3: 1657 damage. Level 4: 2497 damage. Level 5: 5648 damage.
Random Row/Column
    Level 3: 2534 damage. Level 4: 3894 damage. Level 5: 6604 damage.
Special tiles
    Level 3: Remove up to 4 (or more?) tiles. 361 damage. Level 4: Remove up to ? tiles. 361 damage. (Really?) Level 5: Remove up to ? tiles. 3003 damage. (Really!)
Random tiles
    Level 3: Destroy 5 tiles, dealing 2534 damage. Level 4: Destroy 5 tiles, 3343 damage. Level 5: Destroy 7 tiles, 5369 damage.
Destroy a Corner (A little less damage if it's random. Random!)
    Level 3: 1183 damage. Level 4: 1742 damage. Level 5: 2946 damage.

blackflagpngPlot Armor 9 blacktilepng AP
Gotta stay relevant! Being too important to die is the best kind of being. A big ol' explosion should steal the attention from my teammates and do the trick. This much nonsense should be enough to buy me 2 Strength 83 Protect tiles. It'll also send my allies airborne for a turn. Oops?

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 3 Protect tiles of Strength 83. Level 3: 3 Protect tiles of Strength 101. Level 4: 4 Protect tiles of Strength 110. Level 5: 4 Protect tiles of Strength 175.
Level 270
    Level 3: 3 Protect tiles of Strength 198. Level 4: 4 Protect tiles of Strength 215. Level 5: 4 Protect tiles of Strength 342.

greenflagpngChekov's Gun 10 greentilepng AP
I'll fire 3 shots (hitting a random enemy each time, possibly the same enemy more than once), dealing 519 damage per shot (1557 total).

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 721 damage (2163 total). Level 3: 934 damage (2802 total). Level 4: 1349 damage (4047 total). Level 5: 2185 damage (6555 total).
Level 270
    Level 3: 1818 damage (5454 total). Level 4: 2626 damage (7878 total). Level 5: 4252 damage (12756 total).

Non-joke Codes Organized by Effect:
Destroy Columns:
1 = 249
2 = 156
3 = 123
4 = 278
5 = 569
6 = 589
7 = 137
8 = 279

Destroy Rows:
1 = 469
2 = 135
3 = 168
4 = 136
5 = 124
6 = 246
7 = 189
8 = 148

Remove Special Tiles:
Attack = 237
Protect = 689
Strike = 478

Destroy Corners:
Top Left = 256
Top Right = 169
Bottom Right = 568
Bottom Left = 245

Random Tile Destruction:
Random Column = 679
Random Corner = 356
Random Row = 149
Random Tiles - 349
*OP note: Just wanted to get this up on the boards because lots of people were curious. Mods are encouraged to go wild and update this post as you see fit. Thanks to therightwaye for helping dig up much info.

**Ducky- Adding spoiler with graphic cheatsheet here: 

Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Captainjoel's video has green damage at 4252 damage. (5 covers, 270.) Who's right?
  • RhodeyWM
    RhodeyWM Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    :purpleflag: 'SPLOITS! 9 purpletile.png AP
    Looks like you came to the right place! Some helpful nerds compiled a bunch of dev console cheats for you to type in. Way to be, you.
    Some of the numbers are missing though. Give it time, pal. Give it time.
    You can:
    Destroy a specific Row/Column and deal 167 damage.
    Destroy a random Row/Column and deal 602 damage.
    Remove up to 2 Attack/Protect/Strike tiles and deal 185 damage.
    Destroy 3 Random tiles and deal 759 damage.
    Destroy a corner and deal 74 damage (Returns 5 AP)
    Do something hi-larious... Until you've seen the same one a couple times. Then it's just hi-okay. (Returns 5 AP)

I'm having trouble figuring out how to pick what option you want to activate from that 9 square "tick-tac-toe" board. How do you know which option will execute?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    https://youtu.be/6NUM51jQ5lo

Since we are moving the discussion over here for now, my video analysis of Gwenpool. To Rhodey, ErikPeter has edited his original posts to include the codes. You can also go to the thread stickied at the top of the character discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52825

As I mention in my video, she is pretty much PvE only due to her being completely unreliable and random on defense by the AI, but she is an incredible PvE character. Combined with Cyclops and SW, you will have the most targeted tile destruction possible.
  • notamutant
    Captainjoel's video has green damage at 4252 damage. (5 covers, 270.) Who's right?

That is correct, https://youtu.be/6NUM51jQ5lo?t=28m30s at 5 covers. 4252 x 3 = 12,756. Pretty good damage per AP ratio. Every other green number was correct.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    you are correct, it was a typo. i imagine it will be updated shortly.
    notamutant wrote:

That is correct, https://youtu.be/6NUM51jQ5lo?t=28m30s at 5 covers. 4252 x 3 = 12,756. Pretty good damage per AP ratio. Every other green number was correct.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, all these codes, and nothing to deal with countdowns?? Or is there a chance no one has found it yet?
  • ErikPeter
    edited October 2016
    Fixed. The codes were there from the beginning. icon_razz.gif

It's possible, but I'm less hopeful. It looks like 4 ranks might destroy all tiles of a certain type (someone with 5 in "Pink", fight Storm and get back to us, thanks) so CDs would probably be too good since she already has so much potential for board control.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Level 5: Destroy 7 tiles, 5369 damage.
    Does this (and other) generate AP for destroyed tiles too?
  • ErikPeter
    No. I don't think any of hers do, but not sure about random corner (as it does less damage for some reason so maybe it gains AP as a benefit?)
  • notamutant
    ErikPeter wrote:
    No. I don't think any of hers do, but not sure about random corner (as it does less damage for some reason so maybe it gains AP as a benefit?)

It only costs 4 AP instead of 9. Just an option to save AP for less damage.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does it return purple, or a random color?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her purple seems useful in pve, since she offers a lot of board control possibilities.

But black seems straight up bad (1kish in protects for 9ap and disabling your team for a turn? No thanks). If you want defense you should use spiderwoman's much better black. And if you want to win you can use any of the legion of other awesome black powers in the game.

Green is solid, but not nearly as useful as several other strong green 4* powers (quake, ice, rulk, punmax); about on par with moonie.

Am I missing something here, or is she just a niche pve board controller?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Thank you for posting her stats when I was out of office at Ny Comic Con, I will try and review any questions or things that people have, but awesome to see that players have put up all the cheat code variations for those that want to have the list. She's a fun character and hope people are enjoying her.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Black is the last power that the AI uses. So if you have AP in other colors. Your other teammates will use their powers first, Gwenpool uses her black to throw her friends in the air for one turn. This means when the opponent goes they are impervious to damage and stun. Then on your turn they land and can be used again. This move is an excellent defensive move. This being said.... the game itself is offensive based.

I am looking forward to teaming her up with falcap.
  • notamutant
    simonsez wrote:
    Does it return purple, or a random color?

Always returns 5 purple when AP is returned. Kind of annoying how you can't use it until you have 9 purple AP even if the actual cost for a corner destruction is only 4 AP.
  • How would you rate this character compared to other 4*? Top-tier, mid-tier, or bottom-tier?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    How would you rate this character compared to other 4*? Top-tier, mid-tier, or bottom-tier?

Top tier PvE or Boss battle. Bottom Tier PvP.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    How would you rate this character compared to other 4*? Top-tier, mid-tier, or bottom-tier?

Top tier PvE or Boss battle. Bottom Tier PvP.

i would agree with that. for sure bad pvp defensively speaking. maybe mid-tier offensively.
  • ErikPeter
    edited October 2016
    notamutant wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:

It only costs 4 AP instead of 9. Just an option to save AP for less damage.

All corner destruction returns 5 AP. I think it's odd that "destroy random corner" does a tiny bit less damage than "destroy specific corner", given that all of the other random destruction deals more than the targeted alternative.

Her strength (or lack thereof) in PvP is mostly speculative until her PvP event when we can get a better idea of how she picks powers. For example, by my math there are 84 unique 3-digit codes from 9 choices (when order doesn't matter). If she picks a random code from 84 choices, with only 28 (discovered so far) of those being non-jokes, the power will only actually do something 1/3 of the time (and who knows if it's useful, based on board state.)

If, however, she doesn't choose a code but instead picks an effect from the 32 known options, `SPLOITS! will be much more consistent on defense, with only 1/8 chance of being a joke. In that case, most options will deliver decent damage and board shake (still not top tier, but interesting), and the weaker ones end up being much stronger damage-per-AP or may accidentally neutralize a special tile strategy and cause consternation.

She's got low Health but people probably won't focus on her, meaning a surprise Black or Green could change it up. So that's my speculation--if Pink is 28/84, she's PvE-only. If Pink is 28/32, she's mid-tier at least.

Edit to add: Further testing has shown--apparently--she's choosing straight from the list of options (not codes), which means only a 1/9 chance of something dumb happening on defense. I think combined with the annoyance of Black and the fun of forcing someone to work around her Gun makes her a decent deterrent--at least at higher levels, and on offense, SPLOITS! Corner destruction does solid damage for only 4 AP after the rebate. I think she's a dark horse... Boosted to 350 with Switch in tow, she'll be bonkers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black is the last power that the AI uses. So if you have AP in other colors. Your other teammates will use their powers first, Gwenpool uses her black to throw her friends in the air for one turn. This means when the opponent goes they are impervious to damage and stun. Then on your turn they land and can be used again. This move is an excellent defensive move. This being said.... the game itself is offensive based.

I am looking forward to teaming her up with falcap.

But so what? At Max level this power still costs 9ap and only produces about 1k of protection. Boosted that's about 2k. That's nothing. Boosted imhb does 1.2k damage per ap with his red. Ice does 16k aoe with his green.

Active defensive powers that do little more than negate match damage are basically worthless. We have learned this over and over again. The opportunity cost is way too high.

Demi continues to substantially overvalue protect tiles and defense in general in their internal power valuation. 1 point of defense is much less valuable than 1 point of offense. Passive defensive skills have some value. Spiderwoman might have a useful active defensive skill. What other defensive skill in this game is actually worth prioritizing?