* Hawkeye (Classic) * [PRE 2013-12]

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2014 in MPQ Character Discussion
[anchor=hawkeye1]Hawkeye (Classic)[/anchor]
1 Star Rarity (Common) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 1320 Tile damage: 19/22/7/25/6/7
    Take Aim - Purple 8 AP
    Hawkeye prepares to place the perfect shot, turning a selected Purple tile into a Critical tile.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Also transforms basic Red tiles. Level 3: Also transforms basic Yellow tiles. Level 4: Also transforms basic Blue and Green tiles. Level 5: Also transforms basic Black and Protect tiles.
      Arrow Stab - Red 11 AP
      No bow, no problem. Clint lunges forward, arrow in hand, clearing a selected row and dealing damage (but not generating AP).
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

Older Abilities:
        Take Aim - Purple 18 AP
        Hawkeye prepares to place the perfect shot, turning a selected Purple tile into a Critical tile.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

Original Post:
        Archjojo wrote:
        16-10-13+-+116-10-13+-+1

Hawkeye, Classic - Common Character

18 AP - Take Aim

Hawkeye prepares to place the perfect shot, turning a selected tile into a Critical tile.

Choose the tile you want to become critical tile. Can be usefull against timers or for specific combo's. Takes way too long to setup though.

11 AP - Arrow Stab

No bow, no problem. Clint lunges forward, arrow in hand, clearing a selected row and dealing damage (but not generating AP).

Can be usefull to clear timers. Or setup horizontal combinations. not much dmg and you dunt get the AP of the tiles destroyed in the sweep.

Comments

• Hi !

With the last update, many thing have changed.

But I am surprised about Hawkeye Classic.
          One star character, very easy to find, and when I compare the damages he does with the others characters, I hope that it is a bug.

For example :
          Iron man Model 35 LVL 20
          health : 1200
          yellow : 12
          red : 14
          pink : 5
          black : 4
          blue : 11
          green : 5

So if I add all the damages, at lvl 20, Iron man has 51 points

Black widow with grey suit LVL 20 :
          health : 765
          yellow : 4
          red : 4
          pink : 12
          black : 9
          blue : 11
          green : 4

For a total of : 44 points

Meanwhile, Hawkeye Classic :
          health : 720
          yellow : 25
          red : 29
          pink : 32
          black : 11
          blue : 10
          green : 9
          Total = 116 points !!!!!!

And I don't talk about the environnement tiles and critical tiles !!!

icon_e_surprised.gif
        • 100% sure you checked his stats while u were pvping.

he has a 150% increase in all his attacks/skills right now in pvp for the week and that lines up exactly with what you wrote
        • forgrim wrote:
          100% sure you checked his stats while u were pvping.

he has a 150% increase in all his attacks/skills right now in pvp for the week and that lines up exactly with what you wrote

Oh yes, you're right, so I am sorry, I don't own him, and I didn't realize that it was like captain america for the week, so I m sorry for my post.
        • hawkeye classic is too weak, dev should lower the AP requirement for take aim to 10
          arrow stab should generate AP
          black widow is more useful
        • Puritas
          Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
          Hawkeye (Classic) – Take Aim
          • Level 1 now restricts valid targets to basic Purple tiles.
          • Level 2 adds Red.
          • Level 3 adds Yellow.
          • Level 4 adds Blue and Green.
          • Level 5 adds Black and Protect.
          • AP cost reduced from 18 to 8.

Not too bad, he's a decent pve starting char now!
        • Note that while the AP cost reduction makes it a more frequent skill, you can no longer target countdown tiles (or anything besides protect at level 5). You have to hope that a countdown tile is in a potential match 3 or row/column of a match 4 to destroy it now.
        • You can use it to make a chained crit tile (place the tile location within a 5 way match) for a low AP cost.

That would have been great if they didn't just nerf crit tiles.
        • Zathrus wrote:
          Note that while the AP cost reduction makes it a more frequent skill, you can no longer target countdown tiles (or anything besides protect at level 5). You have to hope that a countdown tile is in a potential match 3 or row/column of a match 4 to destroy it now.
          So basically his role changed from dealing with CDs to becoming a wannabe damage dealer.
        • Ronfar
          Ronfar Posts: 150
          I think he's actually better at dealing with countdown tiles now, simply because 8 AP is a lot easier to come by than what it used to cost. I've been sticking him as the 3rd character alongside boosted damage dealers when I have to face three high level minions in the PvE events, and it's worked out okay. They do the damage, while Hawkeye takes care of "Deadly Shot" countdown tiles that I can't manage to match.
        • He's actually pretty viable now. I've been using him and GSBW and IM40 to rack up some quick victories. Sub out IM40 for spider man to save on heal packs. Use blue/purple boost to help.

This strategy works for forest using thorned rose.

Use Take Aim to match the environmental tiles. With practice you can get thorned rose every turn after the initial 8 purple AP. After a couple turns Sniper Rifle and Ballistic Salvo mske quick work of any opponent.
        • Does it use Hawkeye's stats to match the tiles matched by the crit or the highest of your team? If it uses highest of team, that'd be pretty unstoppable with buffed characters who can have up to 10 enviornmental damage. Though even if it uses Hawkeye's stats, you can just set up something one away from matching.
        • i'll have to check
        • Unknown
          edited May 2014
          Bugpop wrote:
          i'll have to check

Hawkeye can place the critical tile anywhere, as his ability allows. The character doing the actual matching is the one with the highest value. To be sure the best character is doing the environmental tile matching, during character selection place them in the center position of the lineup. If Spider Man and GSBW is in the same lineup but SM is in the center, he will match the environmental tiles with his multiplier. If GSBW is in the center, then she will do the matching with her multiplier. Since GSBW has both at 4 she should take center position.

The formula appears to be
          X = any particular character
          Ne = number of environmental tiles in match
          Nc = number of critical tiles in match
          Ve = Value of Environmental Tile for Character X
          Vc = Value of Critical tile for Character X

the critical tile appears to be counted as an environmental tile when counting the number of environmental tiles.
          (Ne + Nc) * Ve * Vc * Nc

[EDIT: I didn't update the Critical Values to 3, The original (incorrect) version in the spoiler]
          Spider Man matching (no buffs) Env: 4, Crit : 3
          2 environmental tiles with a critical tile is ( 2 + 1 ) * 4 * 3 * 1 = 36
          1 environmental tile with 2 critical tiles is ( 1 + 2 ) * 4 * 3 * 2 = 72
          Spider Man matching (no buffs) Env: 4, Crit : 4
          2 environmental tiles with a critical tile is ( 2 + 1 ) * 4 * 4 * 1 = 36
          1 environmental tile with 2 critical tiles is ( 1 + 2 ) * 4 * 4 * 2 = 72

GSBW matching (no buffs) Env: 4, Crit : 4
          2 environmental tiles with a critical tile is ( 2 + 1 ) * 4 * 4 * 1 = 48
          1 environmental tile with 2 critical tiles is ( 1 + 2 ) * 4 * 4 * 2 = 96
          3 environmental tiles with a critical tile is ( 3 + 1 ) * 4 * 4 * 1 = 64
          4 environmental tiles with a critical tile is ( 4 + 1 ) * 4 * 4 * 1 = 80

Punisher (Buffed) Env: 5, Crit: 4
          [At the time of testing, buffed characters had increased environmental tile stats]
          2 environmental tiles with a critical tile is ( 2 + 1 ) * 5 * 4 * 1 = 60
          1 environmental tile with 2 critical tiles is ( 1 + 2 ) * 5 * 4 * 2 = 120

Note: Getting critical tiles to match env tiles can be tricky. If env tiles and other tiles could both be valid matches, flip a pair of tiles in the direction you wish the match to occur (careful not to make a match). I found that this will cause the critical match to go in the desired direction. Using 2 critical tiles to match is trickier still. I haven't done it often however it works when one critical tile is at the edge of the board E C C | or C E C |. I'll have to see if my direction flip will have any effect on matching 2 critical tiles in the middle of the board.
        • Hawkeye's interaction with environmental tiles needs to be nerfed immediately or not allowed to be used with boosted characters. Right now, with a character of 7 or better environemntal damage (OBW on Widowmaker), the game is immediately over as soon as your team hits 8 purple AP regardless of the strength of the enemy team (unless they can kill you before you hit 8 purple AP). You just create an infinite loop with Take Aim -> match 3/4/5 environmental tiles -> Thorned Rose twice -> repeat, and then when you have 30 AP of everything else you can wipe out the enemy at your leisure. I'm running a level 1 Hawkeye and he's pretty much instant killing anybody as soon as he hits 8 purple AP (well, technically that's the rest of team but Hawkeye is the one providing the AP). Sometimes the enemy lives for one more turn if the placement isn't ideal. I do have to avoid Classic Storm storm since at level 1 I might accidentally die from her counterattack. Yes, this trick only works on the forest level, but that's all you need it to work on.

It does make your team look ripe for counterattack when you've a level 1 character in it, but I'll take my chances. You want to attack people with as high a rating as possible under this scheme, and remember, the strength of the enemy team is completely irrelevent unless you think they can actually kill you before you hit 8 purple AP, because you have an infinite combo once you hit 8 purple AP.
        • Spoit
          Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
          Phantron wrote:
          Hawkeye's interaction with environmental tiles needs to be nerfed immediately or not allowed to be used with boosted characters. Right now, with a character of 7 or better environemntal damage (OBW on Widowmaker), the game is immediately over as soon as your team hits 8 purple AP regardless of the strength of the enemy team (unless they can kill you before you hit 8 purple AP). You just create an infinite loop with Take Aim -> match 3/4/5 environmental tiles -> Thorned Rose twice -> repeat, and then when you have 30 AP of everything else you can wipe out the enemy at your leisure. I'm running a level 1 Hawkeye and he's pretty much instant killing anybody as soon as he hits 8 purple AP (well, technically that's the rest of team but Hawkeye is the one providing the AP). Sometimes the enemy lives for one more turn if the placement isn't ideal. I do have to avoid Classic Storm storm since at level 1 I might accidentally die from her counterattack. Yes, this trick only works on the forest level, but that's all you need it to work on.

It does make your team look ripe for counterattack when you've a level 1 character in it, but I'll take my chances. You want to attack people with as high a rating as possible under this scheme, and remember, the strength of the enemy team is completely irrelevent unless you think they can actually kill you before you hit 8 purple AP, because you have an infinite combo once you hit 8 purple AP.
          Have there actually been any boosted tournaments since they change? Dark avengers, 3*s, regular avengers, ladies... all were such a slog with no buffs
        • Spoit wrote:
          Phantron wrote:
          Have there actually been any boosted tournaments since they change? Dark avengers, 3*s, regular avengers, ladies... all were such a slog with no buffs

Well Widowmaker is boosted (7 environmental damage on original BW).

7 environmental damage at 4X crit mod is the the threshold where this becomes broken. At 7 environmental damage, you get 7*3*4 = 84 environmental damage for a match 3 environmental tile (which is what OBW does). This converts to 8.4 purple AP (and everything other color) so allow you to use Take Aim again and combos indefinitely until you run out of match 3 enviornmental tiles. Of course, since you need to use environmental points in chunks of 50, you sometimes have to wait another turn or so, but just 2 match 3s is 168 enviornmental points which is good for at least 3 Thorned Rose, which should be more than enough to put away anybody.

A typical game in Widowmaker goes like this:

Match 3 environemental tiles for 21 EP
          Match 3 purple X 2 (sometimes that's already enough due to espionage)
          Take Aim on match 3 environmental (84 EP)
          Now you have 105 EP, use Thorned Rose twice, proceed to beatdown your opponent. Half of the time the game ends on that turn.

This in particular will be very problematic for LIghtning Round since the buffed characters there have 9 or 10 environmental damage which makes the infinite combo even easier.
        • It's only a problem with the critical multiplier. If they keep it at 3 or 4 it's not really a problem.

Don't give me the "With boosts" nonsense. With boosts any team is incredible.

Still takes 3 purple matches.
        • You mean the modifier to the environmental damage? The crit modifier doesn't change on a boosted character.

It's fine with character that aren't boosted 100% or more because you can't do infinite loops as easily. The boost refers to the special characters that gets +X% to all their matches, including enviornmental matches. With 7 environmental damage on OBW on the Widowmaker tournament and a 4X modifier, you get 7*3*4 = 84 environmental points per match 3 with a crit tile. This creates, on average, 8.4 AP of every color via Thorned Rose, allowing you to repeat the combo almost indefinitely. There are characters with even higher enviornmental damage, namely all the boosted characters in the Lightning Round have 9-10 environmental damage, so they get a minimum of 81 environmental points per match (9*3*3), possibly more depending on their crit mod.
        • Phantron wrote:
          Hawkeye's interaction with environmental tiles needs to be nerfed immediately or not allowed to be used with boosted characters. Right now, with a character of 7 or better environemntal damage (OBW on Widowmaker), the game is immediately over as soon as your team hits 8 purple AP regardless of the strength of the enemy team (unless they can kill you before you hit 8 purple AP). You just create an infinite loop with Take Aim -> match 3/4/5 environmental tiles -> Thorned Rose twice -> repeat, and then when you have 30 AP of everything else you can wipe out the enemy at your leisure. I'm running a level 1 Hawkeye and he's pretty much instant killing anybody as soon as he hits 8 purple AP (well, technically that's the rest of team but Hawkeye is the one providing the AP). Sometimes the enemy lives for one more turn if the placement isn't ideal. I do have to avoid Classic Storm storm since at level 1 I might accidentally die from her counterattack. Yes, this trick only works on the forest level, but that's all you need it to work on.

Why? Boosted (or collect 5 red and 5 green to remain unboosted) +m.storm you get something similar except you can start with enough to use her red instantly. 1 tile match +mistress of elements into thorned into her green = game over. In both 1* character situations its a free easy retaliate against you so its not a big deal. With someone like magneto its pretty easy to kill ANYONE on turn 1 with boosts...turn 2 is only if you cannot find a blue near an environment tile. I mean, I guess they could nerf both and it wouldn't kill me...or nerf thorns to cost 60 per or only do +3 or something (thorns are enjoyable and not overpowered when no buffed characters are around..so this would be a bad choice imo). I just think things like balancing rag,
          amaking.sure tournements work properly, New characters, and a log else come before something like this (assuming ppl think s unfair, I don't mind it..requires buffed ppl, most can beat u anyway, and a team strong enough to finish the job).
        • Environmental tile powers broken. I think they are going to be changed.

Snow Drift seems to have changed, unless there's a difference between Mobile and PC versions. I recall that using it stunned the targeted enemy and you got 1 of each of their AP. Now it stuns and enemy loses 1 of each AP. You don't get it (At least on the PC version)

Latverian Terrain fails to do anything useful
          Hot Dog Stand is a joke
          Thorned Rose is crazy OP, Losing 100 Hit Points is nothing. It's better than forest fire.
        This discussion has been closed.