'Grandfathered' Iso Exploit *Updated (08/31/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
*Update (08/31/16)

Greetings,

We have follow-up news on the recent "Grandfathered" Iso-8 exploit/bug.

We became aware of a situation involving reclaiming Iso-8 from past S.H.I.E.L.D. ranks (normally earned the first time players log in after updating to R108). When looking at the data, only a small percentage of people experienced this bug (roughly .4% of the total game population) and even fewer people exploited it (roughly .02% of the total game population).

We have dealt with those accounts that we have judged as intentionally exploiting the bug and will take no action against those who may have unknowingly encountered the bug.

In the future, we will expand our testing efforts to catch these kinds of bugs. Thank you to everyone that brought this to our attention or elaborated upon how they encountered it. We appreciate the community's effort in keeping the game fair and fun for everyone.

Original post (08/29/16)

Hello,

A heads-up that we are aware that a very small amount of players are gaining the 1-time Iso-8 bonus multiple times from the new S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank feature.

We are able to detect accounts that have received this Iso-8, be it unintentionally or intentionally, and are deliberating what action to take to correct the matter. We strongly advise players not to purposefully participate in this exploit as we consider correctional matters.

Thank you.

Comments

• It's a good thing you gave us the heads up because had there been a bug like that in my account I report it here but luckily I never found this issue in my account which is great that you notice us in advance in case some guy did this
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really improving on the timing and efficiency of your communication these days. Thanks.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Just bill then for ISO at the market rate. Like a hotel minibar.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler

I think this would be a great idea. Heck, give them a 50% discount icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards

Opens credit card bill while drinking a soda:

tumblr_n080ziNndK1qcytrro1_500.gif
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    So what should we do?
    All I did was the same thing I do every day which is come hone from work, put down my phone and pick up my tablet, load the game and boom get rewarded again.
    My first reaction was "oh no this can't be good"
    I'm sitting on the iso for now I leveled up one character but I still have 1.7 million iso, I had 550k before the update and got 700k from the shield rank... twice icon_e_confused.gif
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    evade420 wrote:
    So what should we do?

Coke and hookers.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    So what should we do?<br style="text-shadow: none;">All I did was the same thing I do every day which is come hone from work, put down my phone and pick up my tablet, load the game and boom get rewarded again.<br style="text-shadow: none;">My first reaction was "oh no this can't be good"<br style="text-shadow: none;">I'm sitting on the iso for now I leveled up one character but I still have 1.7 million iso, I had 550k before the update and got 700k from the shield rank... twice icon_e_confused.gif
    My advice would be to contact Customer Support and let them know what happened.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It didn't happen to me, but if it happens later on, I'll contact CS. I'm very grateful for the 800,000+ iso I got for lv 65, as well as the additional 35 levels I'll be getting as I continue playing, so there would be no need to be greedy.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    So what should we do?

bad-grandpa-make-it-rain-gif.gif
  • dijidiji
    dijidiji Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    evade420 wrote:
    So what should we do?
    All I did was the same thing I do every day which is come hone from work, put down my phone and pick up my tablet, load the game and boom get rewarded again.
    My first reaction was "oh no this can't be good"
    I'm sitting on the iso for now I leveled up one character but I still have 1.7 million iso, I had 550k before the update and got 700k from the shield rank... twice icon_e_confused.gif

What evade said. It's not like I was trying to pull one over, I just happen to use two different devices on a regular basis, depending on where I am at any given time. At this point, I'm just hoping I'm not punished for playing the way I normally play.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    evade420 wrote:
    So what should we do?<br style="text-shadow: none;">All I did was the same thing I do every day which is come hone from work, put down my phone and pick up my tablet, load the game and boom get rewarded again.<br style="text-shadow: none;">My first reaction was "oh no this can't be good"<br style="text-shadow: none;">I'm sitting on the iso for now I leveled up one character but I still have 1.7 million iso, I had 550k before the update and got 700k from the shield rank... twice icon_e_confused.gif
    My advice would be to contact Customer Support and let them know what happened.

I did just that. I emailed support just over an hour before Hi-Fi posted on the forums. I force closed my android phone. I then opened my iPad and launched MPQ. I sent a couple team-ups and did a fight or two in pvp. I somehow (hand-to-God, no clue) was awarded my rank 62 ISO again.

I leveled star lord, devil Dino, and venom to max. But I asked hat venom be unleveled if the ISO is revoked, as he is not worth the investment otherwise.

I respect whatever decision they make. But I emailed support because, even if I was asked, I don't think I could duplicate that which generated the ISO "duplicate".
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Really improving on the timing and efficiency of your communication these days. Thanks.

Only when it's a problem that benefits the community do they rush to give us the information. =P

In seriousness though, what was up with scaling recently?
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I cracked my phone screen this afternoon. I was going to play mpq on my tablet tonight because of this but now I'm afraid to.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    I cracked my phone screen this afternoon. I was going to play mpq on my tablet tonight because of this but now I'm afraid to.

I know that enemy cascades / matching / not getting the promised points in PVP / a million other things are frustrating, but still, you shouldn't have thrown your phone across the room.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Eichen wrote:

Open the game on your tablet, receive the iso reward again, submit a support ticket saying that you are a l33t cracker.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Find out if the exploit came from your end or theirs and then ban any account that cheated their way to more iso. That will teach'em. Be merciless.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    We are able to detect accounts that have received this Iso-8, be it unintentionally or intentionally, and are deliberating what action to take to correct the matter. We strongly advise players not to purposefully participate in this exploit as we consider correctional matters.

I was playing on my iPad when the update came through, received the ISO for rank 65. Continued the grind for PvE, did DDQ and opened all stashed tokens and such. So I gained around 400xp towards lvl 66. Then I switched to my phone and when it updated I received the ISO again, but it also wiped my progress towards to lvl 66 clean. As it was very clear that this shouldn’t have happened I immediately send an in game ticket.

But reading this post from David now, especially the unintentional part, gets me worried. So I'm sitting on 1.8 mil. ISO and I don't dare to spend it and also with the probability to lose my earned xp or worse, my account.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    I think exploit is the wrong word to use here.....after this update the game reverted back to not save via Facebook. If you switch between devices you need to make sure you go into the cog wheel and check off save game via Facebook EVERY TIME! This haas happened to me before so I check that it is saved all the time. Something with this update does not keep the game saved if it was previously checked to save via facebook
  • haim9798
    haim9798 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    The same thing happend to me this morning as well.

I usually play from my tablet when i wake up at home and from my phone in my brakes at work.
    I got the first bonus this morning and was happy.
    then when i upgraded the app on my phone , i could not login to Facebook.
    i tried during lunch to play and i could get to Facebook, then i got the bonus again.

what should i do ?
    i didn't try to work anything , just played my usual way.

i did sent a note to CS using the website stating what happened to me so they could try to fix the bug.
This discussion has been closed.