Help for my brother Christopher

ShanePHallam
ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
To the forum:

I wanted to put this out there as maybe some you can help get some eyes on it from the developers. I submitted it to them as a ticket already, but not sure about that process.
Also, though Chris isn’t very high scoring, he does play daily (if his health allows,) and plays PVE to a decent amount (not quite progression). If there is an alliance that is willing to take him in and maybe help him get some of the 3* alliance rewards in PVE at least, that would be appreciated. I know it is being a pest to ask for free stuff for someone, and doubt anything happens, but I figured it was worth a shot.
Thank you all for being a good community and keeping me engaged in the game to introduce him to it. It has been a blessing.
Here is the letter sent to Support below:

I am writing this letter to tell you a story and give a small request about my brother: Christopher Hallam (MPQ name: Challam)

In August 2015, Chris, at age 36, was diagnosed with Stage 4 melanoma brain cancer with over 50 tumors in his brain. The doctors gave him a year to live and he began whatever treatment he could. He was forced into early retirement and with worry that he may outlive the little retirement he has at a young age.
In December, my family was expecting this to be our last Christmas with him. Chris was an avid Candy Crush player but the tumors were affecting his memory and motor skills too much to really enjoy it. I introduced him to Marvel Puzzle Quest since he was a Marvel fan since he was 3 years old and used to be a major comic collector. He instantly loved it and began to play it daily. He feels it has even helped him keep his motor skills and mind sharp as he undergoes chemotherapy and other treatments.
Chris has fought hard and he has outlived his life expectancy. He is still very functional and though he cannot work, he has been able to live out some of his dreams on his bucket list. He still plays MPQ daily (and plays PVE daily,) and I want to thank the creators and innovators of the game for helping him.
I do have a bit of a request. As he struggles financially not able to work, I know he has put a little bit of money into MPQ since he likes it so much and wants to keep up. He is up to the dreaded 3-star transition (his 2 stars are mostly champed, but he is struggling with roster spots and getting the 3 stars up to snuff,) and now is feeling pretty dejected lacking the Hero Points and ISO to move forward.
I don’t really expect much, but I am asking if the developers could gift him a sum of HP and ISO to help him keep going while he is still in good health.
I thank you for this game and thank you for giving my brother something fun, positive, and nostalgic in his final months.

Sincerely,

Shane P. Hallam
MPQ Name: ShanePHallam
Alliance: sortaclever

*Admin removed additional info and links for privacy concerns.

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    @ShanePHallam: Hi. Happy to assist. Let's talk further via private message.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    WE ARE GR00T would like to offer a place in Grootlings 2 (T50 story mode) for as long as he's able to play
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I work in health care, if there is any way I can help in-game or in the medical arena ... PM me and I'll see what we can get accomplished to make the time he has here the absolute best we can.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I love seeing a community come together.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Damn, it got dusty in here. That kicked me right in the feels.

All the best wishes to Christopher, and your family.
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    jffdougan wrote:
    I love seeing a community come together.

I just want to say thank you so much to everyone who read this and the outpouring of support and help offered.

First and foremost, thank you to D3 for providing a very very very generous gift to Chris in game. It was beyond anything I expected or was needed. I figured it was a long shot, but they really came through. For all the gruff they get, it was extremely generous of them to listen and offer help.

Thank you to We are Gr00t for taking my brother into their alliance as well as talking with him on Line and helping him progress as he moves forward in the game. You have all been awesome.

Thank you to my alliance (and past alliances,) who reached out in support and offered help.

Thank you to all those who private messaged me and offered help beyond any expectation I had. You all are so great!

This is an awesome community and thank you for coming together. MPQ has helped Chris and you all make this game so worth it icon_e_smile.gif