You know you're playing MPQ too much if...

Options
1235»

Comments

• GumisK wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    GumisK wrote:
    "Dwustutrzydziestolevelowy ...

Holy what? I am now in awe of Polish. It looks like Vigenere'd German. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Great sassy kelbassy that is some impressive linguistics

Nah, guys, it's nothing impressive at all. My mother tongue loves absurdly long words, that was just and adjective meaning "two hundred and thirty levels", which is quite a lengthy phrase in English as well, yet in Polish it's written as one word, because with our spelling rules, an adjective containing a number must be spelled that way. In my country it is often said that the record for most letters in one Polish word goes to "Konstantynopolitańczykowianeczka", but it's rubbish. Check this out: "ponaddwustudziewięćdziesięciodziewięciokilometrowy" (spelled absolutely correctly, not trying to pull your leg). Ha! icon_e_biggrin.gif

For Clarification:
    Supercalifragellisticexpiallidocious
    ponaddwustudziewięćdziesięciodziewięciokilometrowy

Poland just owned Mary Poppins!!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    U know u playing mpq 2 much when u ve got free lesson of poland by reading the forum.. Merci beaucoup..
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    ...you get home at 2 a.m. and are dog tired but still play because its what you do before you got to sleep. icon_eek.gif
  • Instead of watching out for cheaters you take advantage of your student's test being on a Wednesday to play the 3pm (pacific) lightning round that you've missed every other week this semester.
  • You know you're playing too much when Steam says you've been playing 90 hours a week (not sure if this qualifies). And instead of making three proposals for your thesis, you risk it and just submit one to get more MPQ playing time (and the proposal was almost a game similar to MPQ).
  • You know you're playing too much MPQ when you can predict cascades from the not yet visible tiles that are about to drop.

If there are two same colour tiles next to each other at the top of the screen I can just tell that if I match this three near the bottom of the board then the next tile will cause that match at the top. 8 out of 10 times. Sometimes I even pass up on a 4 match because I can feel this type of cascade will give me the colours I need.

Also,

You know you're playing too much when you get a minor anxiety attack towards the end of a PvP event and you're dangerously close to being knocked out of top 10. I had chest pains towards the end of the Hollowpoint Kiss event.
  • ...you get excited because you see a license plate on the way to work that reads MAGS C
  • ... you get upvoted on a post and are afraid to post again because you're worried that you'll be hit with 3 downvotes in half the time it takes you to write it.
  • I was looking at a case of soda I'd been drinking out of from a top-down perspective and there were only five left. I immediately noticed they were in a right-angle match five arrangement lol.
  • ..when you have your next match lined up before the tiles finish falling into place
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    when you think that the music game is the best you have heard so far and you want it in your ipod...
  • I've got another one, you know you're playing too much if before you stop playing, you deplete all of your Health Packs and when that's all gone, you tank and deplete most of your team's HP. And if there's really nothing else to do... you go to the forums while waiting for the Health Packs to regenerate. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat.
    babblefate wrote:
    MPQ is not a game, it's a lifestyle.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    ....when your sick and wake up at 3 a.m. in a coughing fit and decide your not going to fall asleep for a little while so you tank and then play in the lighting round that's going on.
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    Options
    1. You spend 3 days worth around 18 hours of work to figure out the character level soft caps according to the number of covers. Then make a calculator out of it in a spreadsheet with 3 small, compact tables.

Oooff, finally have that off my chest.

Steam Version:
    2. You always have a browser tab opened called "Marvel Puzzle Quest recruit token spading".
    3. You have MPQ ISO_level and MPQ level cap calculators on your desktop.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You are pushing both on your account and your GF phone cause you just got back from the bar both have tomorrow off and she can't hold her booze and is passed out and both are going to sleep through the finish of the Cap America event tomorrow and I can't let my pandas down despite not needing one hulk cover mofuckers.
  • These are more so "You know you're frequenting the MPQ forum too much if..."

IceIX being called IceX has now surpassed the your/you're mistakes as the most cringe worthy thing you read online.

You start using 'tiny kitty' in 'proper' context when you're not on the forum: during conversation, typing elsewhere online, etc...

Slightly different: You type 'tiny kitty' out instead of letting the filter correct your bad language.
  • Now I know im playing too much.

Had a dream last night about playing. And in the dream I knew I have to wake up, but couldnt, cos i had to first match right colour tiles enough to be able to do 'wake up' strike to actually wake up. They were grey tiles and it was a strike that only Storm was able to make. I was so happy when big cascade gave me enough grey to make the strike. I did it and woke up. Huh.