Next alternate character version you'd like to see?

Options
Yeah, we already have a "Which new characters would you like to see added?" thread (which I killed horribly, btw icon_razz.gif ).

But which characters already in the game would you like to see get another alternate version, maybe because you like a different Marvel universe version, or you just think the current versions got kinda ****?

We already have 2x Wolvie (3 if you count Daken), 2x Storm, 2x Iron Man, 2x Hawkeye, 2x Black Widow, 2x Spidey, and 2x Magneto.

Who (of the characters already in the game) should get an alternate version next? Or is there a 3rd Storm, or a 4th Wolvie you would prefer to see next? (There's probably like a million versions of Spidey that could be used, for instance...)

For me, the character that seems to need a complete do-over the most is Captain America. Obviously, he's a super popular character (he has another movie coming out, hint hint) so there will be at least 1 other version of him, if not a bunch (Classic, Bucky Barnes version, The Punisher version, etc.). The first version had interesting abilities but really doesn't seem viable. icon_e_sad.gif

I could see the next version of Cap at least 3* and much stronger. I like the idea of his boomerang shield abilities being represented with countdowns. Hopefully the next version will be less useless though. icon_lol.gif

I should say I was really surprised at how different Model 40 Iron Man is, though. Very, very different character who seems to have a lot less of the easy offense potential of Model 35 Iron Man. Maybe D3 would make the next Cap a totally 180-degrees different character.

Comments

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doom 2099 would be cool.
  • There's really only one Spidey cover when you choose to ignore the existance of Bag Man like I do.

So Spidey definately needs another version, in his black costume, with a cover by Mike Zeck (I suggest Secret Wars #8 or something from 'Kraven's Last Hunt'). Classic Todd McFarlane would be another good cover choice - like the black costume version of Amazing Spider-Man #300. Everyone knows Spider-Man's best look is the black costume, regardless of the existance of Venom. Spidey is the ONLY major superhero from any universe who had a total costume change that was better than their original (other than, say, Iron Man).

I love the red & blues, but damn the black costume is so cool.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    There's really only one Spidey cover when you choose to ignore the existance of Bag Man like I do.

So Spidey definately needs another version, in his black costume, with a cover by Mike Zeck (I suggest Secret Wars #8 or something from 'Kraven's Last Hunt'). Classic Todd McFarlane would be another good cover choice - like the black costume version of Amazing Spider-Man #300. Everyone knows Spider-Man's best look is the black costume, regardless of the existance of Venom. Spidey is the ONLY major superhero from any universe who had a total costume change that was better than their original (other than, say, Iron Man).

<Personal opinion, not a promise of Dev direction> I dunno, I'm partial to the Miles Morales Spider-Man costume. Of course, that's not your friendly neighborhood Peter Parker, so I'm not sure it counts.
  • IceIX wrote:
    <Personal opinion, not a promise of Dev direction> I dunno, I'm partial to the Miles Morales Spider-Man costume. Of course, that's not your friendly neighborhood Peter Parker, so I'm not sure it counts.

I'm not sure either. As long as there's never a Ben Reilly-sweatshirt cover I'll keep playing your fine game.
  • Rob Leifields Captain America. You know the one.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Rob Leifields Captain America. You know the one.

Curse you for bringing that up!!!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Rob Leifields Captain America. You know the one.

Curse you for bringing that up!!!
    I'm not sure that we could ever actually implement that particular version of Cap. The last Demiurge artist that tried emulating that art style on a dare spent the next week gibbering in the corner of the office saying "The spine" or something of the sort.
  • spider man anti sinister six suit mkIII
    Iron Spider
    Noir Spiderman
    Iron Spider
    FF Spiderman
    spider man 2099
    superior spider man
  • IceIX wrote:
    There's really only one Spidey cover when you choose to ignore the existance of Bag Man like I do.

I don't think so as it's not as it's not Main steam (Earth-616) which is the main stream, Miles Morales is from (Earth-1610)Ultimate universe,
  • I actually kind of suprised another version of Thor didn't come out this month (hello Movie). Same with Loki (not that I am complaining there!) I would love to see the real Classic Thor or the battle-armored and bearded version from the 80's.

Spider-Man in black suit could be cool.

Cap should definately get a new version. Classic please.

Iron Man has about 100 more armors to go through. Extremis would be nice, but I always liked the Silver Centurion armor.

But honestly, there are so many great characters I hope to see 5-10 new characters for every remake. Honestly, the Hulk is one of the best known characters in all of comicdom and definately deserves inclusion.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Since everyone body else has a dark counterpart, I would like to see Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn).

http://nerdtrek.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 679985.png

For the good guys, we have Moonstone being Dark Ms. Marvel, where is the real Ms. Marvel aka Carol Danvers? To top it off, lets get a two versions, a one/two star one and a three star uncommon in her new Captain Marvel outfit since they are going with Marvel Now outfits (e.g).

http://kellysue.com/blog/wp-content/upl ... 9Cover.jpg
  • carnage because venom is poop
  • Weapon X Wolvie
    http://sequart.org/images/weapon-x1.jpg
    He should have a berserker move