What's the point of leveling 5* characters?

Bulls
Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This question has occupied my mind for over a month. I'm way below that magic 10% chance for 5* and that didn't bother me at all. About a month ago my oml jumped to 6 covers and phoenix to 7, but I was busy lvling some of my 4* at that point. Now after a month without any 5* pulls I got 8th phoenix and I've started to wonder if I should even start leveling her. Just today a great post by Snowca popped up and it actually confirms my opinion that it's not worth to do so.
In my roster I have now 10 champed 4*, 28 champed 3* and I really enjoy playing this game. I have no problems with hitting top10 in pve when I'm up for it and I actually enjoy some variety in teams I'm using (mostly decided by weekly buffs, but still). In pvp for the past five seasons I've scored 1.3k in every single event except one with Shulk and I'm not using Line nor hunting for cupcakes (if they happen, that's great, if not, I'm fine with that as well).
So now I can just continue champing my 3 and 4* chars (in fact after getting my 10th 4* I went back to 3* as I had just 20 of them done) just to increase variety in pve/pvp a bit more or start slowly lvling my 5*. But I really don't see a reason why. It won't make my pve much easier (someone in Snowca topic mentioned his clears are taking ~15min and I'm usually in a 15-20min range - depends on who's boosted and who's an opponent) and it will definitely reduce variety - as I'll be forced to always use the same 5*. It won't change much in pvp either - I'm getting what I want from progression, I'm usually finishing in t25/50, I can get to 1050-1.1k before popping first shield and there's some diversity among my opponents. Then what's the point in lvling those 5*?
Am I missing a bigger picture here? Can someone actually convince me it's really worth to push for it now? Or maybe there are ppl that were in a situation similar to mine, went forward into 5* and now regret it? Please share your experience and either help me change my mind or convince me that my choice is good.

*I read what I wrote and it seems kinda like bragging, but it really isn't. I just have a tendency to put a lot of exact numbers when trying to discuss and that's what I've done here... that's probably also a reason why I'm rarely going into discussions ;p *

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go for it. You'll need to do it at some point icon_e_smile.gif PVE becomes a lot easier icon_e_smile.gif And PVP you can generally hit 1300, probably.. maybe?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44648

I noticed that in my experience I didn't mention that I'd basically stopped hitting 1300 for the last several seasons due to losing Line and having no 5* leveled.

Last two events I hit 1300 pretty easily with two shields, and I haven't fully leveled yet. Without hitting 1300 (and usually I don't play PVE "properly" so I don't get progression) I was getting maybe 1/2 the LT's I'll possibly get - meaning half the chances at furthering 5*'s.

If you look at the 4* path it wouldn't surprise me if that's the 5* path. Eventually (read: in a year) they'll have 5*'s in some progression instead of RNG, and your 4*'s will be as completely worthless as your 3*'s are already.

[That is a lot more depressing of a thought when I write it out like that]
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was a strong 3* player / weak 4* player when I lucked into a few OMLs back at the start, before he was huge. That made it much easier to hit 1300 and win plenty of 4* covers. Now, due to the shifting meta, I'm a strong 4* player (which doesn't mean much) and a medium 5* player lol. Unfortunately my 5* progression has since majorly slowed, but yeah it's much faster to win cp in pvp than in pve or elsewhere (ddq crash, etc).
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Because you have to fight maxed nodes in pve so that I can rank higher than you. I encourage all players to push their 5 stars. Makes pve easier for me