Xenodragon's MPQ Character Tier List

Options
2»

Comments

• Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Honestly I think TGT should be in the A tier at this point since IM40 makes getting her rolling so absurdly easy. Unboosted it's a very strong team but boosted? She can crush 5*.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think IM46 is ranked way too high, he's much dependant on having a full team IM party, but in pvp, since you can't pick the feature character at least half of the events IM46 will not be at full strength. Let's look at the 1st 4 events of the season
    QS: Team Cap
    Peggy: Team Cap
    Doc Oc: Villians, unaffiliated
    Beast: Heroes, Avengers

That's 4 consecutive events you can't build a optimal team
    That's too great a handicap to be ranked 2nd overall
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    I think IM46 is ranked way too high, he's much dependant on having a full team IM party, but in pvp, since you can't pick the feature character at least half of the events IM46 will not be at full strength. Let's look at the 1st 4 events of the season

I believe he's ranked that high because of girl Friday, not winning team. That's the real game breaking power. Damage+ board shake+color denial.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

I believe he's ranked that high because of girl Friday, not winning team. That's the real game breaking power. Damage+ board shake+color denial.
    Read the explanation for his ranking
    Assuming you play Iron Man with his teammates, Iron Man does very high damage. Applies strong
    pressure with CD tiles that can tank, and denies enemy tiles while cascading and doing damage.

Bold for emphasis
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Read the explanation for his ranking
    Assuming you play Iron Man with his teammates, Iron Man does very high damage. Applies strong
    pressure with CD tiles that can tank, and denies enemy tiles while cascading and doing damage.

Bold for emphasis

He mentioned in his post the ranking is community driven. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think those that use IM 5* are doing so based on winning team.

I get what you're saying, i just think his personal belief of why is out of sync with the real reason why. Winning team does great damage with IM team members, but girl Friday is ridiculous all the time.
  • aeiouous
    aeiouous Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    To the whole Iron Man fiasco. It's been addressed. Thanks. (didn't know how to address it for way too long, thank god black bolt came out)
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting, and a good read. Thanks for all the time you put in.

4* Tier is heavily biased toward older releases.

-Ice is definitely ahead of Jean (for now, let's see how the Buffs go)
    -Rulk is, without question, the ultimate on defense. He should be the only 4* S.
    -Prof X a bit too high, I assume based on winfinite... the problem with winfinite is that it's so squishy it becomes unreliable when PVE scaling goes up, plus he's an easy target in PVP
    -Maxie is A+/S level
    -XFDP is hard to rank, because he is a critical part of the 4* -> 5* transition. A must have.
    -Nick Fury at #19 is waaaay too high.
    -Nova is another A+/S tier
    -Kate is A/A+ tier
    -Ant Man is a very strong defensive character. Matches go sideways against him quickly.
    -Ghost Rider is a strong PVE character

5* tier I would go:

S - Phoenix, BSS
    A+ - Bolt, IM46, OML
    A - GG
    B+ - Hulk, Natty
    B - SS
    C+ - Cap
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will the list get an update soon? It would be a shame if not.

Apart from that it`s a great list which has helped me a lot building up my roster properly!
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd also like to ask that this great resource be updated as soon as you're able please! There are some new characters not in there (e.g. Blade Modern, 5* Black Widow), and a few old ones have been changed (e.g. TA Hulk).
    And of course a huge thank you to the people involved in it, I've used it quite a bit in the last 6 months - I reckon it's tops.
  • Wingdinger
    Wingdinger Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    First of all thanks to all you guys keeping this list current; I reference it often.

Couple of questions.

I noticed that in the 4* tier the rankings are not in numerical order and there are some duplicates. This may be a work in progress but it is the only tier like this.

Secondly, you have graded four different columns and then given the character an overall grade. Is there some formula or method behind this? It just seems a bit subjective and somewhat arbitrary. Your method may be written somewhere and I just missed it, but I was just trying to make sense of it and couldn't.

I had assigned each grade a number, with S being assigned an 8 all the way down to D being assigned a 1. If I utilized this number scheme on each graded column and then averaged out the for a total grade, the ranking did not correlate consistently.

Again you may have mentioned how you achieved these total graded somewhere and I just missed it. You guys have put a lot of work into this table, and I am grateful you did because in my mind it is the best one out there and the excel format is top shelf.
  • aeiouous
    aeiouous Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Wingdinger

Heya, thanks for bumping and supporting the list first and foremost.

Yeah you're right the 4* list is still incomplete because there was a long hiatus. In between that time the meta was changing and so we adjusted many character rankings accordingly, the ranking numbers are fixed now.

There is not a concrete formula, it's relevant to the overall rank and just breaks down the character's strength in the area because every character does something better than another. That being said, it's almost entirely community fueled; I take analysis from these forums, masashi23 views reddit, and Xeno complies the data to write on the doc. (If all else fails we refer to a sandbox account. I guess that's our "system")

The overall and the individual rankings depend on each other but they are don't completely depend on each other. Here is an example, with Peggy's current rankings she should be an S tier but she isn't because defense in this game as of now is less favored over Offense. Another example would be Mr. Fantastic who should be in C tier but isn't.

With all of this in mind, this list will never be perfect and should always be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes the rankings are so close that we can't portray it.

I hope this answers, i'll be happy to try to elaborate further and hey maybe you can change the way we do things. Thanks again.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peggy should be S tier, no matter what. Any ranking that doesn't put her in the highest tier has a problem. And i could definitely quibble with some other rankings here and there (nova below chulk and kp?!).

Still a great resource for players! Solid work.
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options

I hadn't looked at this list in a while.  It is still very well done.  Thanks for adding in R&G, Gamora and 5tar Lord.

I can quibble with a few of the rankings (I think Medusa and Carol are now more highly regarded than IMHB and Quake ), but for the most part I think the 1-4* rankings are very good, and it gives me some ideas as I start to work on my 5*s.

Thanks again for doing this and keeping it updated.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I totally forgot about this thing. Awesome work :)
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

I hadn't looked at this list in a while.  It is still very well done.  Thanks for adding in R&G, Gamora and 5tar Lord.

I can quibble with a few of the rankings (I think Medusa and Carol are now more highly regarded than IMHB and Quake ), but for the most part I think the 1-4* rankings are very good, and it gives me some ideas as I start to work on my 5*s.

Thanks again for doing this and keeping it updated.

I agree, spots 13,14 and 15 for Cap Marvel, Blade en Medusa are a joke.
    Of those three i think two of them should easily be top 10 maybe all three of them.
    Peggy should easily be top 3 if not on the 1st place....

But keep up the good work! I guess not everyone can agree on the ratings...
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are there any chance that this great list will be updated soon? The last update was three months ago.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are there any chance that this great list will be updated soon? The last update was three months ago.
    Glad you asked; I was wondering the same thing. I have a tab in Safari continuously decided to this list.