Weekly Buffed Characters (Updated 3/23/19)

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    OP has been updated, replacing Blade (Modern) with War Machine for the 4* buffs for the week beginning 2/2. Blade made sense based on the pattern (and it was what was originally announced in the February Sneak Peek thread) but as has been pointed out in that thread, once the Howard the Duck PVP went live, Blade was not in the buffed list, but War Machine was.

It's the first time in my memory that they've pulled a character so far out of its expected rotation -- WM was just buffed four weeks ago, and as such wasn't due to be buffed for another 4 weeks or so. Winter Soldier would have been a more expected switch-out, since he's due to be boosted next week or the week after. I don't know about anyone else, but I frequently get those two mixed up in my head (I have them both undercovered and not highly leveled, which doesn't help my identifying them) -- hey, maybe the devs mix them up too.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OP has been updated, replacing Blade (Modern) with War Machine for the 4* buffs for the week beginning 2/2. Blade made sense based on the pattern (and it was what was originally announced in the February Sneak Peek thread) but as has been pointed out in that thread, once the Howard the Duck PVP went live, Blade was not in the buffed list, but War Machine was.

It's the first time in my memory that they've pulled a character so far out of its expected rotation -- WM was just buffed four weeks ago, and as such wasn't due to be buffed for another 4 weeks or so. Winter Soldier would have been a more expected switch-out, since he's due to be boosted next week or the week after. I don't know about anyone else, but I frequently get those two mixed up in my head (I have them both undercovered and not highly leveled, which doesn't help my identifying them) -- hey, maybe the devs mix them up too.
    I suspect the reason may be that the only PvP this boost list applies to is Fowl Play, and War Machine's blue Power is a nice counter to Howard's Purple. Looking forward to trying it out!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Quebbster wrote:
    I suspect the reason may be that the only PvP this boost list applies to is Fowl Play, and War Machine's blue Power is a nice counter to Howard's Purple. Looking forward to trying it out!
    Oh, good point! I guess if I get super-frustrated by all the invisibility tiles during Fowl Play I could try leveling up my 5/2/3 WM to 209 and run him with my newly champed Nova. Definitely not willing to try that with a level 70 War Machine -- it'd be like climbing with a giant "please hit me" sign on my back. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    3* for the week of 02/09 is Daredevil, not Blade.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    jgomes32 wrote:
    3* for the week of 02/09 is Daredevil, not Blade.
    Now corrected.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    OP has been updated with the latest announced buffs from the February Sneak Peek thread. Oddly, 4* Captain Marvel is not boosted... Traditionally a character gets added to the buffed list about a month following their PVP release event, sometimes the week after a month has passed. Captain Marvel's event ended on January 15, meaning it's past due, but she is not on the list for the week beginning February 23.

I've continued to predict her (now 3 weeks in a row) for the week beginning March 2, but I wonder if her "PVP release date" got reset by the "Super Lightning Rounds" that featured her Feb. 6 - 8. If that's the case, we may not see her boosted for weeks yet. Which means we may see Riri Williams added to the weekly buff list before her (her PVP release event ended January 29).
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Buffed line-up for next week (3/16/17 - 3/23/17):

4-Star: icon_cyclops.pngGwenpoolIcon.PNGicon_katebishop.pngRiri_Icon.pngicon_starlord.png
    3-Star: icon_daken.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_wolverine.png
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Black Duke wrote:
    Buffed line-up for next week (3/16/17 - 3/23/17):

4-Star: icon_cyclops.pngGwenpoolIcon.PNGicon_katebishop.pngRiri_Icon.pngicon_starlord.png
    3-Star: icon_daken.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_wolverine.png
    Thanks! The OP is now updated.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Do you think Wasp will be champed again in such a short time? I'd guess that Coulson probably has a better chance of being champed than her next week.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Do you think Wasp will be champed again in such a short time? I'd guess that Coulson probably has a better chance of being champed than her next week.

I think they'll likely pull on or two from this week instead of Wasp:

02/02/2017: icon_moonknight.pngicon_quake.pngicon_drax.pngicon_nova.pngicon_warmachine.png

It does feel like a while since Moon Knight or Quake have been boosted.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Tatercat wrote:

I think they'll likely pull on or two from this week instead of Wasp:

02/02/2017: icon_moonknight.pngicon_quake.pngicon_drax.pngicon_nova.pngicon_warmachine.png

It does feel like a while since Moon Knight or Quake have been boosted.

Last time they were (02/02) was off season. I remember because Quake was my only boosted 4* that week and the following two weeks i had none. Dark days in pvp.

Also think they'll pull one those to replace Wasp.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like icon_agentcoulson_tiny.png replaced wasp_icon.png.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    edited April 2017
    The OP is now updated. With the new forum, all the character icons were translated into HTML image links, and a post size limit was put into place. So when I tried updating the post as it was, it would say the post was over 90,000 characters too large. So instead I've tried something different. 

Please let me know what you think of the new format. Any feedback you may have is welcome. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, I am very grateful that this ongoing list exists.  It is a service to the community.  I find it very helpful, and refer to it often.  It's especially helpful when deciding on 4*s to champ.

Two suggestions:  1. posting the 3 and 4 as two separate images might make it easier to view, especially for mobile users.  2.  To be picky, the off season boosted list applies for PVE during the whole week, so usually 2 events.  PVP of course is as you stated (just one event, the first).  Perhaps a tweak to your note would help newer players.
    Thanks!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    bluewolf said:
    Two suggestions:  1. posting the 3 and 4 as two separate images might make it easier to view, especially for mobile users.  2.  To be picky, the off season boosted list applies for PVE during the whole week, so usually 2 events.  PVP of course is as you stated (just one event, the first).  Perhaps a tweak to your note would help newer players.
    Thanks!
    Great suggestions.  I've made the suggested changes, and can totally do two charts going forward.  Thanks!
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In

Excellent job with the new format!  Thanks very much.

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards

Can't thank you enough Daywalker for keeping this thread.  with the new forum there are 2 threads that I come keep up with - this one and sneak peek.  I'm no fan of it but some things are worth enduring it for.

was excited to see my favorite boost group coming up.  then realized icebuster hits offseason.  I know something has to be buffed that week but can't it be venom, mordo or Elektra week?  anyway.  thanks again.

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Hoping the guesses are right for next week.  Medusa, Mohawk, and Patch will be fun #neverdie
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Hoping the guesses are right for next week.  Medusa, Mohawk, and Patch will be fun #neverdie
    The 3* predictions are kind of a shot in the dark.. I think Mohawk is very likely, because she, Rocket & Groot and Quicksilver are overdue.  But Patch is just a total guess.  In fact, it looks like I predicted that 4* and 3* Wolverine would both be boosted the same week and I don't believe they've ever done that before, so I'm going to say one of those (either 3* or 4* Wolverine) is probably wrong.

Medusa, on the other hand, I feel is very high probability.  Ever since the Bonus Heroes launch, it seems that they've been trying to have one of the latest 12 in the boosted 4* list, and Medusa would be the one character that's due that is part of the 12.

Personally, I have been having a ton of fun this week with boosted (and newly revamped) Carnage, boosted Captain Marvel and Medusa.  So many attack tiles, so much healing, AP generation and attack tile boosting.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker said:

Medusa, on the other hand, I feel is very high probability.  Ever since the Bonus Heroes launch, it seems that they've been trying to have one of the latest 12 in the boosted 4* list, and Medusa would be the one character that's due that is part of the 12.
    Well, that's what I get for saying Medusa was a high probability... she was replaced with Wasp, who was also up for rotation and is one of the latest 12. So... high probability meant 50% chance, I guess. :smile: