I don't get it

Options
Druss
Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
New PvE - Yeah! Been a while

Oh no! same 5 bloody opponents!

Why, Why, Why are we facing Moonstone, Venom, etc - we face these in almost all the other PvE's. What about the other 90 odd characters?

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The fact is there's simply a distinct lack of villains in the total roster anyway.

Honestly, I'd rather fight Dark Avengers + Hammer goons than

Doc Ock, Carnage, symbiote goons
    Hood, Kingpin, and Maggia goons
    Gorgon and Hand goons
    Ultron sentries
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    The fact is there's simply a distinct lack of villains in the total roster anyway.
    Yup. I don't Think we have a story involving Red Hulk or Green goblin yet though...
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm also very disappointed seeing Dark Avengers again... :/
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For what I've seen in the first sub, it could be just the next chapter in the fall of the Dark Avengers, as I've seen mentioned before, with their public image going down starting with the simbiote incidents. If they stick around the rest of the story, fighting ducks and squirrels, they might be angry and desperate by the end, and that would open the way for the last chapter of their story, in some yet unreleased PVE. Would be a good point to give Green Goblin his debut as enemy in PVE.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good news! Day 2 has you facing Maggia, Kingpin, Hood, and 3* Bullseye! Hardest non testimonial node is Hood, Kingpin, and a muscle.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wait until they put out a Civil War storyline PVE!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

Honestly, I'd rather fight Dark Avengers + Hammer goons than

Doc Ock, Carnage, symbiote goons
    Hood, Kingpin, and Maggia goons
    Gorgon and Hand goons
    Ultron sentries

Doom, Mystique, Doombots
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do enjoy this new storyline. I also agree that I'd be happy with fighting more than hammer foes and dark avengers.

I particularly enjoy storylines where villains are the main characters, and they fight heroes, since we have so many heroes. Prodigal Sun has always been a good one for that, especially the final chapter. Sim PVE and Gauntlet are also great, since you're fighting a large variety of characters.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been so conditioned to just skip the cut scene banter that I missed the first half of the dialogue. :/
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Yup. I don't Think we have a story involving Red Hulk or Green goblin yet though...

I really want to see a PVE storyline where Osborne goes full Goblin. They're clearly setting it up at the end of the last chapter, Venom Bomb, and with the character out ... well, I know most of us don't play for the storyline, but it'd be cool.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Why is "Avoid She-Hulk" on Howard's to do list?
    You'll get it if you read his comic series. She's one of his (very) few friends but they don't exactly get along.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really want to see a PVE storyline where Osborne goes full Goblin. They're clearly setting it up at the end of the last chapter, Venom Bomb, and with the character out ... well, I know most of us don't play for the storyline, but it'd be cool.

So at the end we have to fight a fully-covered, level 450 Goblin? Except for the guys with champed OML's already, they have to fight a level 550 Goblin. Might be fun, but most people would get their butts kicked.
  • The Bob The
    Options
    Orion wrote:

So at the end we have to fight a fully-covered, level 450 Goblin? Except for the guys with champed OML's already, they have to fight a level 550 Goblin. Might be fun, but most people would get their butts kicked.

I mean, I assume it'd be a baby version of the character. Maybe a single-opponent nonrepeatable. I'm sure the gloom and doom crowd will promptly jump on my naivete, but if they did have him as the final boss, I expect it'd be something challenging but manageable like the single-opponent Hulk or Ragnarok nodes.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:

They could make it a loaner node against a non-fully covered Goblin. That would get the story right without punishing lower (and/or unlucky) rosters.
  • The Bob The
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    Orion wrote:

They could make it a loaner node against a non-fully covered Goblin. That would get the story right without punishing lower (and/or unlucky) rosters.

Yeah, like Black Suit Spider-man and your guys.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Who knows? He [Green Goblin] might appear in this event on the last day? I believe there are not many villains in MPQ who knew Aunt May is Spider-man's relative. Maybe we need to fight him for that Howard cover..?
    ASM131Cover.jpg